IGNORED

That Time My Husband Lost His Man Card

usmcmom

What a fabulous household tip! I am going to give this a try very soon....

Just so I do it right: the vodka is for DRINKING, right? I don't, like, sprinkle it on the clothes as a wrinkle reducer? ;) 'Cause that's a tip mama never taught me in the fine arts of homemaking.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so I do it right: the vodka is for DRINKING, right? I don't, like, sprinkle it on the clothes as a wrinkle reducer? ;) 'Cause that's a tip mama never taught me in the fine arts of homemaking.

Well, I myself have never tried it, but apparently, vodka does help against bad smells in clothes. Well, high quality white vodka which doesn't smell itself. You have to mix it with water and spray in on the clothes, or put vodka on a cloth, put it over the piece of clothing and then iron over it. I have no idea if it really works though.

And well, I don't have any experience with men in relationships, but from my perspective, only insecure men (like those fundie "patriarchs") need a man card in first place. A real man will be down-to-earth and self-confidend enough not to care if a certain activity could be considered "unmanly" by some stupid wannabe manly man.

My hubby simply adores our cats. They follow him around like he's the pied piper and the way he interacts with them melts my heart. He plays with them, sings to them, has conversations with them, takes photos of them, makes little "beds" for them out of towels and anything he can, so that they can be comfy when hanging out with him. They love sitting on his lap or his desk when he works (he's a software engineer) and he'll take breaks to pet them and love them. He's this burly manly man who becomes a puddle around them, and I love it.

You sprinkle the wodka. But not on the clothes - you sprinkle it in the mouth of the person who is doing the work. But you might adjust the dose, said roomate was from east-europe and could really drink (he said it´s genetic....) :cracking-up:

This whole man card thing would have been handy in the 80s. My Sister in law, sister and I all joked that we needed a discreet dildo or even a chair leg like this in our purse, so when we knew an interview was not salvageable because they wanted a man-- we could have just opened our purse, showed them the contents and said "It is ok, you can go ahead a hire me-- I have what you are looking for in a candidate--" Having a man card would have been so much easier, just hand it to them with your resume.

pb_sxis1278905655.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today in the grocery store I saw something that almost made me laugh out loud.

First I should explain that I live along one of the routes that people take to get to Burning Man -- we become a bustling thoroughfare for those few weeks each summer, and there are various touristy opportunities that some locals take or invent along those lines.

So, in my grocery store is a rack of photographic greeting cards with photos from that event.

It was the sign over that rack of cards that startled me today.

Because, you see, the signmaker had written the word "Burning" in now-faded red ink and the other two words in not-so-faded black ink. Those other two words? Why, "Man Cards", of course. :cracking-up:

Burning

Man

Cards

I really wanted to go look at how much it would cost to buy a Man Card... :lol:

Archived