IGNORED

"Early" Baby Dilly?

Hooligan

It is only a lie if she presents it as fact-- as Jim Bob did recently. Doctors don't know if the side effect of a thinned lining in the uterus could prevent a fertilized egg (embryo) from implanting. If she is working with like-minded people, they would probably want to know that it is theoretically possible even if it is unprovable.

I'm 100% pro Birth Control but I personally don't like the pill. Thankfully there are many different non-hormonal BC methods. Those fundie women could get an IUD and the men would never be the wiser.

Midwifing is probably one of the best things any of those Duggar girls could be doing. Gets them out of the house and exposed to new people. They are exposed to the medical profession and the science that goes along with it. It's a good stepping stone out of their little bubble while still being a very close and protected community.

I'm 100% pro Birth Control but I personally don't like the pill. Thankfully there are many different non-hormonal BC methods. Those fundie women could get an IUD and the men would never be the wiser.

Midwifing is probably one of the best things any of those Duggar girls could be doing. Gets them out of the house and exposed to new people. They are exposed to the medical profession and the science that goes along with it. It's a good stepping stone out of their little bubble while still being a very close and protected community.

It's only a good thing IF they are 100% competent as evidenced by successfully fulfilling all the requirements as outlined by the state.

This goes beyond what is good for the Duggar girls- I am far more concerned for the women and neonates that they might end up attending.

I do not think Jill, for the next 30 years at least, will be practicing MW- and I do not think any of the other girls have the passion or inclination in this area.

I know this is such a dumb thing to snark about but man, I really dislike the name "Venessa'. My name is 'Vanessa' and in school I always hated the ''Two Ns One S?''. Sorry. Just gotta get it off my chest.

Also, Janessa

The Duggars would have used that though..

I saw her at the Rhea Lana sale before she posted that contest entry photo on Instagram and I didn't think she looked nearly as big in person as she does in the photo.

That's not always true. My daughter had a home birth with her second child - and she had gestational diabetes. Her first child was a hospital birth, she had gestational diabetes and the baby was around 8 lbs. Now that I think of it -- of the several women I know who had gestational diabetes - none had c-sections ( which in itself is sadly unusual!). As far as I know they were all controlling it through their diet, and home remedies.

When my sister was pregnant she had GD. Her doctor said no way was she going to deliver naturally. He said she would tear and the baby might get stuck and develop complications. That would be too risky. She did meet with a dietitian and exercised. She still had to have a c section My nephew weighed over 10 pounds at birth. I think it's rather to be safe than sorry.

I don't think Jill would do a home birth if she was high risk for any reason, including GD (which we don't even really have any reason to speculate she has?). Michelle was pro-home birth and even she went to the hospital for all of her children's births once she was considered high risk, didn't she? People are going a bit nuts with the speculating...

My mom had GB with both pregnancies and managed it very carefully, and was lucky enough to not really have any issues, probably at least in part because she was so careful about altering her diet. Both me and my brother were both between 7-8 lbs, and were both delivered vaginally. They are usually able to tell toward the end of your pregnancy if vaginal birth might not be a reasonable option and I seriously can't imagine Jill going against a doctor's advice there.

I think this really really depends on the circumstances. Is she a laymidwife or certified? Will she be attached to a birthing center, doctor or hospital, will she choose her own clients?

Jill's baby bridal shower did not look too diverse to me. Has anyone ever said if Venessa is state certified?

Is it more like a hobby or ministry vs being reliable work to support a family? In the former case, the midwife can pick and choose her clients, most likely very like-minded individuals.

I think this really really depends on the circumstances. Is she a laymidwife or certified? Will she be attached to a birthing center, doctor or hospital, will she choose her own clients?

Jill's baby bridal shower did not look too diverse to me. Has anyone ever said if Venessa is state certified?

Is it more like a hobby or ministry vs being reliable work to support a family? In the former case, the midwife can pick and choose her clients, most likely very like-minded individuals.

But a lay MW, even in Arkansas, has to show competency by meeting all established guidelines, including written testing as well as field practice. Jill, to date, has not done such and now she's PG...DD's mention of her being in MWery (in the jewelry store) now means nada.

For JD, that ship has sailed. If she couldn't get it done when she had nothing but the family job to keep her busy, she'll most likely never get it done now.

I'm really uncomfortable with the suggestions in this topic; just by looking at Jill's body, not with any evidence, you're suggesting she's a liar and a hypocrite of the highest degree.

There's a lot of things the Duggars have said and done that are snarkworthy. The fact that Jill has a bigger pregnancy belly isn't one of them.

But a lay MW, even in Arkansas, has to show competency by meeting all established guidelines, including written testing as well as field practice. Jill, to date, has not done such and now she's PG...DD's mention of her being in MWery (in the jewelry store) now means nada.

For JD, that ship has sailed. If she couldn't get it done when she had nothing but the family job to keep her busy, she'll most likely never get it done now.

Oh I agree but even if she goes back when she is in her 50's, she could be a truly excellent midwife. It's a shame Michelle seems too flaked to manage that, she sure could share a lot of experience and maybe be truly empathetic as a doula or mw.

I just don't necessarily agree that midwifery would necessarily open Jill's borders. If she coasts under the radar of official certification, there wouldn't be an easy way to force her to serve clients she doesn't want to serve - and I am pretty darn tootin sure Jill is only gonna wanna serve like-minded clients.

Yes, Venessa is state certified as are Jill's two other supervisors, Shelley Wasson and Joy Coonfield; all three licenses expire in 2016.

I saw her at the Rhea Lana sale before she posted that contest entry photo on Instagram and I didn't think she looked nearly as big in person as she does in the photo.

seriously - run up to next time and say hello :D

and take a picture

I'm really uncomfortable with the suggestions in this topic; just by looking at Jill's body, not with any evidence, you're suggesting she's a liar and a hypocrite of the highest degree.

There's a lot of things the Duggars have said and done that are snarkworthy. The fact that Jill has a bigger pregnancy belly isn't one of them.

ita, i think she's just thin without being toned. :lol: (memories of The Office)

lax muscles = big momma tummy sooner. And also, she's so excited that she's consciously or unconsciously standing in ways that make her tummy seem bigger. Pregnancy is the quiverfull badge of honor and way for a wife to feel validated. As a quiverfull momma of course she'd want to get into maternity clothes asap.

can you imagine what would happen if someone was infertile

I don't think any of us want to imagine for the pain it would cause them!

can you imagine what would happen if someone was infertile

An identity crisis for sure, honestly wouldn't wish that on any of them.

Archived