IGNORED

"Early" Baby Dilly?

Hooligan

OK, so now that we know for sure it is not twins and given how HUGE Jill looks in the latest IG post, anyone else secretly hoping for a robustly healthy, 9lb "8-month preemie"? I just got back from my Dentist's office and she is pregnant and due in early December and you can hardly tell she is even pregnant. An "early" Dilly would but such a perversely happy moment for me! :evil::cracking-up:

I'd be pretty genuinely shocked if anything happened to suggest the baby was conceived before the wedding. I do think the Duggars are full of shit in a lot of ways, but I really don't get the impression that Jill and Derick had sex or kissed before they were married. I mean, they got married so freaking fast, they didn't really have too long to wait anyway. I do kind of wonder if Ben and Jessa are already kissing at the very least since there have been sooo many times on the show when they go in for a side hug and look like they just stop short of a kiss. I feel like that's the kind of automatic behavior you have with a SO you're pretty comfortable around when kissing just becomes something you don't even think about, and it's not something people who haven't kissed would probably do.

I think Jill really does just have her mom's freakish degree of fertility. I think it'll be one after another for a few years and then she'll say F this and get on some birth control! Especially if she stays in midwifery - she'll be exposed to so many doctors and nurse midwives and real medical professionals who obviously aren't anti-birth control. Her opinions might shift over time.

size isn't always a good indication of the age of gestation. examples: one woman at a church i went to had a consistently small belly when pregnant. i'm talking like she mayyyyyyybe looked 5 months max when she was near term. her babies turned out fairly large, though, so perhaps her bump was just all baby. conversely, another church lady gained a LOT of weight, and fairly quickly, when pregnant. she looked like she was about to pop and i think at that point she was probably only 6 months or so :lol:

and since we haven't had a pregnant jill before, there's nothing to compare her to, size-wise. maybe she'll always carry them big and gain more weight. or perhaps she stopped exercising and being strict about diet so her weight naturally went up anyway along with the baby weight. who knows.

size isn't always a good indication of the age of gestation.

This. I keep seeing people making comments about how huge she is and frankly it makes me cringe because I was just as big as she was, if not bigger (can't really tell from the IG pic) with my first/only child and I started out on the skinny side just like she did. It was tiresome and hurtful to hear, "You are so huge! Are you having twins?",etc etc. All women carry and show differently. I had to tell my students at 9 weeks because parents were already guessing I was pregnant and I had to start wearing mat clothes at 7 weeks.

I get how fun and scandalous it is to think of Jill and Derek messing around pre-wedding, but come on?! This is Jill we are talking about.

I'd be pretty genuinely shocked if anything happened to suggest the baby was conceived before the wedding. I do think the Duggars are full of shit in a lot of ways, but I really don't get the impression that Jill and Derick had sex or kissed before they were married. I mean, they got married so freaking fast, they didn't really have too long to wait anyway. I do kind of wonder if Ben and Jessa are already kissing at the very least since there have been sooo many times on the show when they go in for a side hug and look like they just stop short of a kiss. I feel like that's the kind of automatic behavior you have with a SO you're pretty comfortable around when kissing just becomes something you don't even think about, and it's not something people who haven't kissed would probably do.

My husband is convinced that they sneaked off at some point alone to at least kiss, and probably more. I don't think so. He doesn't really watch the show, just hears about it from me and commercials so I think he figures that normal young people in love would probably sneak off, but these guys are so into following the rules and God and how Jim Bob et al. have made the first kiss at the altar into such a huge deal...I just don't see them breaking the rules.

personally, i don't care if they popped the cherry early or not. not in the flippant way, just in a way that good for them if they did and good for them if they didn't. i don't think it's likely they did, but if so, congrats to them. i won't rag on them for not saving themselves fully for marriage. :)

This. I keep seeing people making comments about how huge she is and frankly it makes me cringe because I was just as big as she was, if not bigger (can't really tell from the IG pic) with my first/only child and I started out on the skinny side just like she did. It was tiresome and hurtful to hear, "You are so huge! Are you having twins?",etc etc. All women carry and show differently. I had to tell my students at 9 weeks because parents were already guessing I was pregnant and I had to start wearing mat clothes at 7 weeks.

I get how fun and scandalous it is to think of Jill and Derek messing around pre-wedding, but come on?! This is Jill we are talking about.

I was the same way. With my first I was in maternity clothes out of necessity before the end of the first trimester and was having a horrible time trying to hide it ( didn't want folks to know until after the wedding, because I didn't want everyone to think that's what prompted the decision - being a teen and all ). I was doing the tv show " trick" of standing behind counters, putting a pillow or purse in front of me, at 10 weeks -- probably not fooling anyone between the constant puking and humongous boobs .

Second kid, was verrrrryyyyy long....and I couldn't go a Day without someone asking if it was twins!!! I didn't mind being huge, I loved my pregnant body! But really didn't like the thought of having newborn twins and a toddler and going to school full time.

One of my daughters was the same - showed very early and super huge.

Everyone's different.

and to add regarding size: my current supervisor is interesting. she's tiny, naturally, and started showing very early. but it seems (to me, at least, as someone who doesn't see her every day) that her growth kind of plateaued and she doesn't seem much bigger. she's due at the end of this month, but she probably looks 6-7 months right now. so, another possibility, maybe jill's size is shooting up now and then will taper off later in the pregnancy.

I was the same way. With my first I was in maternity clothes out of necessity before the end of the first trimester and was having a horrible time trying to hide it ( didn't want folks to know until after the wedding, because I didn't want everyone to think that's what prompted the decision - being a teen and all ). I was doing the tv show " trick" of standing behind counters, putting a pillow or purse in front of me, at 10 weeks -- probably not fooling anyone between the constant puking and humongous boobs .

Second kid, was verrrrryyyyy long....and I couldn't go a Day without someone asking if it was twins!!! I didn't mind being huge, I loved my pregnant body! But really didn't like the thought of having newborn twins and a toddler and going to school full time.

One of my daughters was the same - showed very early and super huge.

Everyone's different.

We are the exact opposite.

My daughter had a baby 6 mos ago and only gained 13 lbs total and never bought maternity clothes. She is a size zero- a tiny girl. Her baby daughter weighed, 8-5....yes, 8-5. My kids were tinier at birth but I was the exact same way, less than 15 lb gain and back to regular clothes immediately.

Now at 55, not quite so lucky anymore.

I couldn't imagine Jill jumping on the Birth Control wagon.

She's not all the way in DC to make her own decisions really.

We are the exact opposite.

My daughter had a baby 6 mos ago and only gained 13 lbs total and never bought maternity clothes. She is a size zero- a tiny girl. Her baby daughter weighed, 8-5....yes, 8-5. My kids were tinier at birth but I was the exact same way, less than 15 lb gain and back to regular clothes immediately.

Now at 55, not quite so lucky anymore.

Crazy the variation. I had a friend in high school who kept her pregnancy secret the whole time, even from the baby's dad who she was living with. She just didn't show. At all. Average sized girl, big baby. Complete surprise to everyone ( except her)

IMO, Jill's face looks chubby in that latest picture.

Hope she doesn't gain a ton of weight- it can be hard to get it off.

I think Jill really does just have her mom's freakish degree of fertility. I think it'll be one after another for a few years and then she'll say F this and get on some birth control! Especially if she stays in midwifery - she'll be exposed to so many doctors and nurse midwives and real medical professionals who obviously aren't anti-birth control. Her opinions might shift over time.

I agree with your first paragraph. I would be utterly shocked if it turned out they didn't wait until they were married. However I don't think Jill will start using birth control. Firstly how will she stay in midwifery if she's constantly pregnant or caring for an infant? I think that would be hard for a woman who hasn't been raised to think a woman's place in the home. Also I don't think her work as a midwife in training brought her into contact with real medical professionals like doctors and nurse midwifes on a regular basis. Isn't she training to be a lay midwife? I would assume her interaction with a doctor is limited to talking to one if her patient is having issues during labor and needs to be transported to a hospital. And I can't imagine in that situation they'd be going on about her patient blood loss then the doctor would inquire on if she's using birth control herself.

Also since Jill is living pretty close to home I would imagine she'll get some assistance from her sisters. Josie's getting older and Michelle's not having more babies. I would imagine that Joy or Johannah or even Jenny will be sent to help Jill out if she ends up with too many young children to care for on her own.

When I was pregnant with my son, people constantly asked me if it was twins, even my own mother! He was a good-sized baby and has since grown to be a beast! (He's 8 months and wears size 24 months.) It's likely the same for Jill.

My father-in-law was delivered by C-section 2 months early and weighed a little over 10 pounds. Some babies are just huge. Some women get really big when pregnant*. Believe it or not, not all bodies are the same! :o

Edited because I forgot to add my little side note/tangent! :P

* Me. Pre-child weight: 115-120 pounds. I was about as skinny as Jill was.

First pregnancy: Gained 50 pounds. Baby weighed 7-11 at 9 days late.

Second pregnancy: Gained 55 pounds. Baby weighed 9 even on his due date.

My mom? Yeah, she gained 18 pounds with me, and I was 8-12! Obviously I didn't inherit those genes...

It's true that whatever type of certification she has is very different than, say, a certified nurse midwife who has a Master's level (or even doctoral now) nursing degree. But, whatever she is, she'll be with these women at their labors (whether at home or in a hospital), will be constantly immersed with the field and will obviously be working with women who use birth control. I mean, by the time she's delivered dozens of babies from women who have used birth control before, she's got to realize the entire claim that it causes miscarriages is BS. Plus, while I have plenty of doubts about Derick, I do really think he's probably smart enough to think about things like that critically. Even if they don't want to use birth control personally, their views about it being unsafe or wrong could change. I really do think Jill is smart. She seems very curious and willing to learn and while it might take some time, I bet she will be a very different woman 10-15 years down the line. She's already grown up a lot in the past few years - she seems like a totally different person now vs. sobby miserable Jill getting her wisdom teeth out.

Gestational diabetes can make you and the baby massive too.

Which means no homebirth. Most babies with mothers who has gestational diabetes are too big to be born vaginally

Isn't it routine for midwives to ask about your contraception plans at your six week post natal checkup? Mine always did, and I would assume that Jill has been trained to do so, no matter what her personal beliefs.

I just hope she doesn't tell women the bullshit that Michelle and JimBob were told about the pill causing abortions that started this whole crazy train. It's got to be professional misconduct to tell outright lies about medications.

Which means no homebirth. Most babies with mothers who has gestational diabetes are too big to be born vaginally

That's not always true. My daughter had a home birth with her second child - and she had gestational diabetes. Her first child was a hospital birth, she had gestational diabetes and the baby was around 8 lbs. Now that I think of it -- of the several women I know who had gestational diabetes - none had c-sections ( which in itself is sadly unusual!). As far as I know they were all controlling it through their diet, and home remedies.

Do y'all think Jill is still pursuing her midwifery? Because she looks to me like she is doing nothing but having lunch with Derrick, hanging with her children, er, siblings and folding laundry.

it's hard to say what happens when the cameras aren't there, but she hasn't mentioned going back to it yet. i know it was on hold for the wedding, i'm not sure if it will be on hold throughout her whole pregnancy or if it was just supposed to be until the morning sickness got better.

Isn't it routine for midwives to ask about your contraception plans at your six week post natal checkup? Mine always did, and I would assume that Jill has been trained to do so, no matter what her personal beliefs.

I just hope she doesn't tell women the bullshit that Michelle and JimBob were told about the pill causing abortions that started this whole crazy train. It's got to be professional misconduct to tell outright lies about medications.

Just from looking at Venessa's shower for Jill, I would guess most of the clients are white Christians. I saw a lot of skirts and I did see some that didn't fit that mold.

It would not surprise me if Venessa/Jill don't ask.

Does professional conduct apply to lay midwives? Jill has no training other than apprentice to Venessa.

It is only a lie if she presents it as fact-- as Jim Bob did recently. Doctors don't know if the side effect of a thinned lining in the uterus could prevent a fertilized egg (embryo) from implanting. If she is working with like-minded people, they would probably want to know that it is theoretically possible even if it is unprovable.

Archived