IGNORED

Latest from Lori Alexander

FFS. Why not interpret Taylor's headaches as a "sign" from God that she should just focus on herself and perhaps her husband/marriage? There is no reason to pressure her to have kids! :angry-banghead:

How inane to read "go forth and multiply" (or whatever the bible actually says) as meaning that Every.Single.Person is supposed to have kids, but then to not look around for other biblical messages that apply to each of our individual stories -- such as, perhaps, the fact that many people feel an automatic/biological desire for kids -- which maybe suggests that *they* are the ones who should have kids, and those who don't feel such a desire should perhaps not feel obligated!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Taylor is supposed to go tell her husband that he is wrong and selfish?

I hope Taylor says she has won hundreds of people to the Lord in the last 10 years.

If her husband doesn't want kids, doesn't that trump everything? Lori is hardcore into submission. I'm actually surprised Lori didn't tell Taylor to obey hubby.

If her husband doesn't want kids, doesn't that trump everything? Lori is hardcore into submission. I'm actually surprised Lori didn't tell Taylor to obey hubby.

But when it comes to 1. birth control and having kids and 2. not working, Lori always suggests the wife petition to her husband that they do it The Lorken Way

But when it comes to 1. birth control and having kids and 2. not working, Lori always suggests the wife petition to her husband that they do it The Lorken Way

The true Lori way would be to lie to the husband and sabotage the birth control. No way that could end up ruining a marriage and resulting in a child who feels unwanted. :roll:

The true Lori way would be to lie to the husband and sabotage the birth control. No way that could end up ruining a marriage and resulting in a child who feels unwanted. :roll:

The Lorken Way refers to the method Lori has written since then, not what they actually did of course.

:roll: Really? We are more than 7 billion and counting in this world. Most people will have children. Some people don't, but seriously, we are not short on people having children at all. Plenty of people will continue to have children for fucks sake. I want to be a mother. I cannot personally imagine NOT being a mother soon. I have always wanted to get married and raise a family. I desire to maybe one day be a school teacher too. I love children. I want at least two of my own. I honestly do not think I will feel my life is complete unless I get to be a mother.

But not everyone wants children or likes children like I do and that is okay. I think my reasons for wanting children are not any less selfish than the reasons people don't want children. And again, that's okay. So, maybe one of the reasons they don't want children is because they love traveling and not being inconvenienced. I want children because I want excuses to ride the kid rides at amusements parks and see their faces light up when they meet the characters at DisneyWorld for the first time as I did not get to go as a child. Also to not see kid movies without feeling like a total dork. I want to play kid games again with my children. How are my reasons any less selfish? I want children because I want them. That, in and of itself, is inherently selfish. And there is nothing wrong with being a little selfish when it comes to children because I think those that truly want children will likely be better parents than those who had them out of some religious or status or other obligation. I am firm believer that children should never be an obligation. Children are not toys, they are living, breathing, thinking beings. And they deserve parents who treat them as such. They should not be seen as inconvenience or obligation or duty or soldier for your religion or anything other than a person in their own right. Because people who see their children as people they want in their life will not throw them in their room for hours everyday because their playing and other noises get on mommy's nerves and mommy needs quiet time. They won't claim their children are a blessing from their god(s) and then beat them with objects over minor infractions or force feed them oatmeal they don't want one morning or make their babies "cry it out" because mom and dad's sleep is more important than their baby's needs.

And I would consider poking holes in your diaphram to get another baby so you can stay home as an inherently more selfish act than any of the reasons "Taylor" said for why she and her husband wanted children, but what do I know? :roll: (there is not an eye-roll smilie big enough for Lori and Ken's comments)

Taylor writes to Lori:

Lori's predictable yet still appalling response:

The most selfish woman I've ever encountered on teh internetz, and she's telling another woman she's selfish because she doesn't want children?

:angry-banghead:

No such thing as a selfish reason for not wanting kids, Lori. If somebody isn't that way inclined, it doesn't matter WHY they don't. Just the fact she doesn't want should be/is a good enough reason.

Let me get this straight. This woman suffered a terrible head injury last year. Not in childhood, not ten years ago, but just last year. This head injury is so awful that a career -- work -- is completely out of the question.

Lori, the great Christian, just breezes right by this fact. Doesn't even mention it. Doesn't say, How bad are your headaches? Or, I'm so sorry about your terrible injury. Or, is there any medication that will help?

Instead, it's all insult. You are selfish. You are wrong. You are bad.

Let me get this straight. This woman suffered a terrible head injury last year. Not in childhood, not ten years ago, but just last year. This head injury is so awful that a career -- work -- is completely out of the question.

Lori, the great Christian, just breezes right by this fact. Doesn't even mention it. Doesn't say, How bad are your headaches? Or, I'm so sorry about your terrible injury. Or, is there any medication that will help?

I noticed that too. Not even an offer to pray for her.

Keep up the hating, Lori, and pretty soon you'll have alienated all your followers and turned a good few folks off Christianity completely.

I'm not a traditional Christian by any means, but I believe that the message of Jesus was a message of love. Lori seems to have missed that point. I'm fairly sure that the Jesus of the bible would have responded by trying to heal "Taylor" and not by insisting she have children she doesn't want.

Oh and then Taylor said "I just don't know how to convince my husband." Lori's response? "Pray!"

That's it.

:angry-banghead:

Imagine them having a kid neither one of them really wants. Taylor has been guilted into it by Christian culture/Lori and Taylor's husband has given in to children because it's important to his wife.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

She's so weird

maybe she saw how we were all heavily criticizing her over here for it.

oh, but wait, they don't read over here :roll:

maybe she saw how we were all heavily criticizing her over here for it.

oh, but wait, they don't read over here :roll:

Especially not Lori, seeing how she's almost puritanical in what she reads!

Even worse, this is coming from Lori the brain tumor survivor, who had debilitating headaches from the tumor and treatment, and confessed that she stopped having children because she felt too ill to have more.

Even worse, this is coming from Lori the brain tumor survivor, who had debilitating headaches from the tumor and treatment, and confessed that she stopped having children because she felt too ill to have more.

Well, when it comes to Lori, it's always been a case of "Do as I say and not as I do."

Especially not Lori, seeing how she's almost puritanical in what she reads!

I'm still seeing the comments. :think:

Maybe she put them back? :lol:

Once again, she makes me think of the person who offers to help when the work is done. She's old enough to be off the hook now, so she thinks nobody can call her a hypocrite for telling all younger women that they must have children.

Doesn't work that way, Lori.

Lori is a hypocritical judgmental shrew. If she googled even once, she would learn that women working outside the home may well have made family life happier and healthier.

Marriages in which there is a sole breadwinner get divorced at a rate 14% above average, the highest of any income split.

This is likely due to the fact that 100/0 marriages are more likely to have less income, more financial stressors, a more stressed-out provider, and a homemaker who is also probably overstressed and frustrated at being restricted to a single role. Further, they state that if both spouses work at least some outside the home, they have more common experiences, have more to talk about, and can better relate to each other’s problems and emotions (as opposed to “my wife doesn’t understand my work pressures and need to relax some when I get home†and “my husband doesn’t recognize all the work I do all day and that I need a break when he gets home.†The book also talks about the positives for children, especially girls, but that’s another article).

goodmenproject.com/families/why-two-income-families-get-divorced-less-than-single-earner-households/#sthash.hJtMRKWf.dpuf

Career women have even lower rates

One of the professors of the study noted that, “for couples in which the wife can be considered a career woman, the probability of the marriage ending in divorce is 25 percent lower than for other couples.†Further, in couples where the woman makes at least half of the household income, the divorce rate was even lower.

divorce360.com/divorce-articles/statistics/us/dual-income-no-divorce.aspx?artid=1702

But, we have to remember, in LorKen's world, marriage is not about satisfaction or happiness for either partner nor the children. It is to be miserable but obedient servants of God and, at least for others, to pump out as many children as God will allow, even though Lori didn't do that one.

Dear Lori,

My ex sister - in - laws inherited a terrible genetic disease, common name Gardner's. Aka famialal adenomatous polyposis FAP. It is a genetic cancer that strikes people in their teen years. It killed her mother when she was 5. It killed her grandmother. Her mother's sister found out that it was a genetic disease, sil was tested for it, was found positive right before she graduated high school. At 18 she had surgery removing all of her large intestine and all but the first part of her small intestine, experimental surgery at John Hopkins. She had to go every six months to be screened for polyps every place that has mucous membranes. Eyes, nose throat, on and on. And have surgery to remove them, because the polyps are 100 percent cancerous. Five years ago, after her husband died of a sudden death heart attack, she had surgery to remove half of all her internal organs as much as she could sacrifice and live, including her female organs. She laid screaming, literally, in pain, for days in ICU. I would rather have her here than any children she could have had and had a 50 percent chance of passing this on to her children.

I dare you to tell her, or any of her family (including her deceased husband's) that she went against God.

Free your mind, and the rest will follow. Amen.

P. S. Lori, it may be a strange concept to you, but men are very capable of being nuturing. It is not as rare as your preconceived notions and life experiences have led you to believe.

Lori is back with the "well, people who are not as strong willed, opinionated and such leaders as Ken and I probably don't fight much but they would if they were better/stronger people."

Lori, the reason conflict resolution didn't work for you and Ken is that neither of you wanted it to, because, unlike people who can make it work, neither of you were interested in what was best for the family, the marriage or each other. you have both explained that you are both selfish and uncaring about what is best compared to what either of you want.

I also suspect that back in the bad old days you and ken would fight out of habit-- just taking opposing stances to piss one another off-- I get that feeling based on your appeals to martyrdom...

Does God care that we are "right"? No, He cares that we respect our husbands, including their decisions and opinions. Learn to listen, be quiet and trust.

Just another jab at Ken to let him know that she knows she's right, she just sits and shuts up For Jesus.....

Archived