IGNORED

Latest from Lori Alexander

Yea, you just can't put that out there and provide some evidence. I want my juicy Duggar gossip.

MjAxMy0wZjdhOGQzYWM0MmExN2Qy.png

Yeah, 'splain please.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lorken keep talking about preachers who preach on sin rather than their weird obscure "biblical perfection" doctrine. I wonder who they're talking about. Ken said in one of his wall of texts that whenever he hears sermons about sin he wants to tear his hair out and scream "don't slice don't slice." Are they talking about a particular preacher? Who does that in fundagelical land?

Not a Lori lover, but as I mentioned a while back I did read her regularly for a very long time (and still do check in) so I'll throw in my $.02 on her recent antics.

I do think there are signs of her being in poor health: my assumption is that Ken has stepped back from his company to be more of a caretaker to her, and I think that's supported both by his ever-increasing presence on her blog and also the fact that the eldest daughter's husband is now working for the company.

And I also think that Lori writes with FJ in mind but not in the "this will show 'em" kind of mentality. Because she is so stubborn and strong of personality I think she sees herself as the perfect member of the fundie/fundielite blogging circle to take on the Evil FJ and prove they're wrong. So whilst I'm sure she enjoys getting a rise out of this board I think she takes more pleasure out of being the "brave one" in that circle who doesn't mind angering the FJ. Am I making sense? Two big bloggers ("big bloggers"?) who could, but don't, choose to write specifically for FJ are Sheila of To Love Honor and Vacuum and Courtney of Women Living Well. I'm sure she takes some smug satisfaction from being stronger/braver than both of them.

I think she's hurting her blog with Ken's text walls and also by lifting full posts from Peacefulwife and others. She would probably help herself by just announcing a reduced posting schedule and putting Ken back where he belongs (responding to the tough commenters). What killed her for me was a full post dedicated to bashing a working woman who read her blog and DARED give her opinion when Lori posted about the importance of women staying home. That was in incredibly poor taste, particularly because that women had been reading for years. I think she also fell out of favor with a lot of longtime readers when she put up so many posts bashing women who work right around the time her new DIL was entering the family.

Not a Lori lover, but as I mentioned a while back I did read her regularly for a very long time (and still do check in) so I'll throw in my $.02 on her recent antics.

I do think there are signs of her being in poor health: my assumption is that Ken has stepped back from his company to be more of a caretaker to her, and I think that's supported both by his ever-increasing presence on her blog and also the fact that the eldest daughter's husband is now working for the company.

And I also think that Lori writes with FJ in mind but not in the "this will show 'em" kind of mentality. Because she is so stubborn and strong of personality I think she sees herself as the perfect member of the fundie/fundielite blogging circle to take on the Evil FJ and prove they're wrong. So whilst I'm sure she enjoys getting a rise out of this board I think she takes more pleasure out of being the "brave one" in that circle who doesn't mind angering the FJ. Am I making sense? Two big bloggers ("big bloggers"?) who could, but don't, choose to write specifically for FJ are Sheila of To Love Honor and Vacuum and Courtney of Women Living Well. I'm sure she takes some smug satisfaction from being stronger/braver than both of them.

I think she's hurting her blog with Ken's text walls and also by lifting full posts from Peacefulwife and others. She would probably help herself by just announcing a reduced posting schedule and putting Ken back where he belongs (responding to the tough commenters). What killed her for me was a full post dedicated to bashing a working woman who read her blog and DARED give her opinion when Lori posted about the importance of women staying home. That was in incredibly poor taste, particularly because that women had been reading for years. I think she also fell out of favor with a lot of longtime readers when she put up so many posts bashing women who work right around the time her new DIL was entering the family.

I'm also thinking the same thing regarding Ken being at home and possibly caring for Lori. For awhile, I thought he might be working from home and he could be doing that. But I agree, the son-in-law also working for the business could be a sign that Ken is stepping back. Given Lori's health problems and history, she will only get worse as she ages.

I think Lori likes doing almost daily postings for attention. She does have more time on her hands compared to other fundie bloggers. Like you said, she has lifted a lot of things from other bloggers and sites. I think her recent linking to a PP sermon might have hurt her because of the PP's reputation. This might sound bad of me, but I hope Ken did his research on the PP and found out about the PP being on the Secret Service watch list. Ken would have been pissed at Lori for that that. IIRC, he wasn't crazy about her posting on Sunshine Mary's blog. I also agree that her constants posts of bashing working women has probably pissed off a lot of readers.

Not on topic, but I play kenken on the computer. When I complete a puzzle, it says, "Ken-gratulations!" I'm surprised Ken hasn't adopted this as his catchphrase.

Lori has definitely become less reasonable and more irrational since her condition worsened. I think both of them are in denial about it, and working hard to maintain the illusion of life-as-normal by continuing to blog.

Stirring the pot, being "brave" on controversial subjects, talking about sex, and imagining that she has influence over others' lives are all very important to her... I hat to imagine how much worse those traits will become as she ages (if her condition continues to deteriorate). She will be the old lady who let's out a rant at any health practitioner that stands still long enough to appear to be listening!

I have discovered the root of all Lori's problems! I just got this very informative email (read: spam) with this subject line: Why Eating Salad Makes You Old

I scared a tiny chihuahua and a husband when I burst out laughing for no apparent reason :wink-kitty:

Not on topic, but I play kenken on the computer. When I complete a puzzle, it says, "Ken-gratulations!" I'm surprised Ken hasn't adopted this as his catchphrase.

if he does adopt this catchphrase, then we'll know he cares about us :)

I have discovered the root of all Lori's problems! I just got this very informative email (read: spam) with this subject line: Why Eating Salad Makes You Old

I scared a tiny chihuahua and a husband when I burst out laughing for no apparent reason :wink-kitty:

I once attempted a low fat raw vegan diet to see if it would help with my migraines. I don't care what perpetually cheerful Fully Raw Kristina* says, I felt old and tired. And I still had migraines. How she has the energy to run six miles a day is beyond me.

*For everyone who doesn't know who Fully Raw Kristina is, here ya go.

[bBvideo 560,340:m8lmq66c]

[/bBvideo]

A comment from FB:

I pray that my son will find a wife like your DIL when it is time. God willing. Most girls have been taught just the opposite.

Wuuuuut? Other than really crappy parents, who teaches their children to be mean to their spouse? Like, that's not even logical. Where are these sinners teaching girls to hate their husbands?!

Most couples who love and respect each other don't have to force themselves to smile when they see their spouse.

Most couples who love and respect each other don't have to force themselves to smile when they see their spouse.

She's so weird.

When my husband and I see each other after work, I'm excited to see my partner, who I chose because I like being around him. I don't think I've ever scowled when I see him. WTH is that Lori?!

Key words: couples who love and respect one another.

I wonder if Klorien have to scribble "Smile!" on one hand and "Be nice!" on the other to remind them how to behave with one another.

When my son, Ryan, gets home from work, Erin opens the garage door and greets him with a big smile. There is always a warm dinner prepared for him. She doesn't fix a meal for the children, though; until she's asked Ryan. She's never sure each day if he's going to let them eat. He's a good daddy.

Fixed that for ya, Lori.

I just want to know who Klorien hangs out with that all they see are difficult wives. We have quite a large social circle and I haven't seen any of these out of control, rebellious wives that are, apparently, ruling the world.

Fixed that for ya, Lori.

I just want to know who Klorien hangs out with that all they see are difficult wives. We have quite a large social circle and I haven't seen any of these out of control, rebellious wives that are, apparently, ruling the world.

Lori said: "Believe me wives, nothing good comes from always being upset with our husbands. They ... rebel even further if they are not being treated with respect."

Wait -- I thought only wives rebelled? But here we have HUSBANDS rebelling, too! Methinks Lori isn't nearly as submissive as she thinks she is ...

e14b4cca-2535-4bc0-b79f-a756d01f44fa_zps753e3377.jpg

So does this count as flower arranging? I took the cellophane off, filled the vase with water, cut the stems and everything! I was feeling so domestic until the cat came and ate the leaves,and then my son and his friends ripped sme buttons off the decorative pillows, and husband decided that the magazine belonged in the bathroom for easier reading (can't argue with the headship). And so, real life interferes with Lori's (and Pinterest's) vision of the true ideal for womanly, homemaker's image. Sigh... :P

Unless we are fighting (rare), I smile every single time I see my boyfriend when he's been gone. And I spend most of our time together smiling. Because I like him. I even *gasp* love him. And therefore, I like being around him.

If I had to remind myself to smile when I saw him... I would probably take that as a sign that something was desperately wrong in our relationship...

Only for Lori would smiling when you see your spouse be some how unusual. I supposed it was not what her son grew up with, so it seems all the more special.

**Of note** The favored DIL has her own blog, but it's for invited readers only.

Please tell me you've managed to score a coveted invite :pray:

if he does adopt this catchphrase, then we'll know he cares about us :)

Ken would never congratulate anyone -- he is too busy lecturing and disapproving.

Ken would never congratulate anyone -- he is too busy lecturing and disapproving.

Ken would congratulate himself. See theoretical example below:

"I would say that 99% of women are rebellious and don't smile enough for their husbands. Smiling is the best thing a woman can do, besides have sex with her husband whenever he wants it and let him play basketball and eat snack food to his heart's content. Blah blah blah more Ken crap rant rant rant convoluted theology.

Ken-gratulations for the amazing post!"

Please tell me you've managed to score a coveted invite :pray:

Afraid not. I only recently became aware of its existence. I was looking through Lori's posts from 2011 and she linked one of her DIL's posts. I clicked on it and it was invite only :(

Archived