IGNORED

Latest from Lori Alexander

Afraid not. I only recently became aware of its existence. I was looking through Lori's posts from 2011 and she linked one of her DIL's posts. I clicked on it and it was invite only :(

Well now I have to scheme. Muahahahaha.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taylor writes to Lori:

Lori's predictable yet still appalling response:

The most selfish woman I've ever encountered on teh internetz, and she's telling another woman she's selfish because she doesn't want children?

:angry-banghead:

Seconding the :angry-banghead:

What a horrible wench Lori is, calling this girl selfish. Obviously the commenter still has health issues from her head injury in addition to no maternal instincts... it's not fair to her to bully her for not wanting children.

What about women who are carriers for devastating genetic defects who opt not to risk bringing severely disabled children into the world just to suffer a short and pain-filled life?

I knew a girl who had several younger cousins with Jeune's syndrome and she herself was a carrier. She felt that it was too great a risk to have a child with the condition... was she selfish for not wanting to have a child that would end up having to endure major surgery, having his/her ribcage broken and stretched every eighteen months until he/she hit puberty, spending most of his/her little life cooped up in a hospital with ventilators and wires and other tubes, being isolated constantly as a cold or flu virus could prove fatal?

'Splain me a thing here, Lori... is not having children in that situation selfish?

:angry-banghead: I think I have a dent on my forehead from banging it on my desk.

Seconding the :angry-banghead:

What a horrible wench Lori is, calling this girl selfish. Obviously the commenter still has health issues from her head injury in addition to no maternal instincts... it's not fair to her to bully her for not wanting children.

What about women who are carriers for devastating genetic defects who opt not to risk bringing severely disabled children into the world just to suffer a short and pain-filled life?

I knew a girl who had several younger cousins with Jeune's syndrome and she herself was a carrier. She felt that it was too great a risk to have a child with the condition... was she selfish for not wanting to have a child that would end up having to endure major surgery, having his/her ribcage broken and stretched every eighteen months until he/she hit puberty, spending most of his/her little life cooped up in a hospital with ventilators and wires and other tubes, being isolated constantly as a cold or flu virus could prove fatal?

'Splain me a thing here, Lori... is not having children in that situation selfish?

:angry-banghead: I think I have a dent on my forehead from banging it on my desk.

yes, it is still selfish, according to her ilk, because god will provide and everything will be okay, even if it doesn't seem like it!

yes, it is still selfish, according to her ilk, because god will provide and everything will be okay, even if it doesn't seem like it!

Ew. Just... ew.

Of course, she would give the "God will provide" advice. She has done that in the past on other topics. Last year, she did a blog posting about how churches should provide for widows and their families. Many churches do assist widows and others in need, but there is no way they could do for years and years.

I agree with what, another poster said about women who are carriers for genetic defects and like you said Lori would spouting out "God will provide for your babies". Lori probably wouldn't take into account healthcare costs added onto other expenses in situations with genetic defects.

Of course, she would give the "God will provide" advice. She has done that in the past on other topics. Last year, she did a blog posting about how churches should provide for widows and their families. Many churches do assist widows and others in need, but there is no way they could do for years and years.

I agree with what, another poster said about women who are carriers for genetic defects and like you said Lori would spouting out "God will provide for your babies". Lori probably wouldn't take into account healthcare costs added onto other expenses in situations with genetic defects.

yes, but...but...but god! he will provide! no matter what! *eye roll*

I have observed over the years that people who preach often spend much of their time preaching to themselves. When we were young and had 3 tv stations (we avoided cable for years) Jimmy Swaggart was on before the news in our old hometown and I'd listen to him while we were gettig dressed. He preached against prostitution (whores and whormongers) so much I remember asking my husband what the damn deal was... then we all leearned he was preachign to himself.

I see the same thing in other ministers.

Lori is constantly telling people to smile at their husband, to listen to their husband, to respect their husband--- but for me, and frankly for most of the women I know, all of that comes automatically-- we wouldn't have picked our husband if we didn't respect, listent to and smile at our husbands. So, I believe that not only has Lori always had to really try to be even the least bit polite to Ken, but she still has to fight her natural disdain/dislike for him, hence all the "smile... a husband likes a smiling wife" crap she spews.

I have observed over the years that people who preach often spend much of their time preaching to themselves. When we were young and had 3 tv stations (we avoided cable for years) Jimmy Swaggart was on before the news in our old hometown and I'd listen to him while we were gettig dressed. He preached against prostitution (whores and whormongers) so much I remember asking my husband what the damn deal was... then we all leearned he was preachign to himself.

I see the same thing in other ministers.

Lori is constantly telling people to smile at their husband, to listen to their husband, to respect their husband--- but for me, and frankly for most of the women I know, all of that comes automatically-- we wouldn't have picked our husband if we didn't respect, listent to and smile at our husbands. So, I believe that not only has Lori always had to really try to be even the least bit polite to Ken, but she still has to fight her natural disdain/dislike for him, hence all the "smile... a husband likes a smiling wife" crap she spews.

A pastor at my local church often preaches on infidelity. He does things in a series, but somehow he always winds up talking about infidelity. The other pastor who preaches manages to get through a sermon talking about whats at hand and not trying to force one sin into a box. I told someone I felt like he was having an affair, all of the times he talks about cheating, lusting, adultry, etc

A pastor at my local church often preaches on infidelity. He does things in a series, but somehow he always winds up talking about infidelity. The other pastor who preaches manages to get through a sermon talking about whats at hand and not trying to force one sin into a box. I told someone I felt like he was having an affair, all of the times he talks about cheating, lusting, adultry, etc

That is so fascinating to me. I am at church almost every week without exception and I don't think I've ever heard any of the priests say the word "adultery" unless it came up in the readings assigned for the day. And even then it would be an aside.....

I think it is because people tend to think everyone has the same temptations they do, so if adultery, or prostitutes, or picking fights or whatever is a preacher's sin of choice, he likely feels he has to talk about it a lot because it is likely as hard for everyone to resist as it is for him.

And that is all I have for today's episode of "Amateur Psychoanalyst on the internet"

Archived