IGNORED

Blog - The Story of a Lifetime

lizzielouwho

I can not remember the name of this blog or the name of the quiver full fundie who writes it. What I do remember is that they lived in Paint Rock, TX and moved to somewhere in the Carolinas. They of course have a bunch of kids. He is a fire fighter and she is always "blessing" the landlord.

It is also the family whose young daughter was assaulted because mom was to tired to check out a door opening in the middle of the night.

I don't know this blog, but "bessing" the landlord sounds like a euphamism for something kinky ;)

There were threads about her on the old board, but I can't find them.

The blessing the landlord is because this woman would go on and on about how they were blessing the landlord by doing things around their house. Like clearing weeds.

I don't know who this is, but damn if I heard the door open in the middle of the night, it wouldn't matter how tired I was, I would jump into action. Adreniline would be pumping and I wouldn't be tired anymore. My mind would be racing trying to figure out the best way to protect me and my family, and I would call 911 (my phone stays right by me) and find the heaviest object available to me to hit someone across the head with!

(I say that, I don't actually know if I would hit anyone, but I would definitely NOT be "I'm too TIRED to see why my door has mysteriously opened in the middle of the night")

I don't know who this is, but damn if I heard the door open in the middle of the night, it wouldn't matter how tired I was, I would jump into action. Adreniline would be pumping and I wouldn't be tired anymore. My mind would be racing trying to figure out the best way to protect me and my family, and I would call 911 (my phone stays right by me) and find the heaviest object available to me to hit someone across the head with!

(I say that, I don't actually know if I would hit anyone, but I would definitely NOT be "I'm too TIRED to see why my door has mysteriously opened in the middle of the night")

Thing is she heard a door open in the middle of the night while she had several young children living in the home. I can't remember the name of the blog but I will never forget reading her post about that night. She was too tired from being pregnant and having so many children to get up and make sure a toddler wasn't getting out at the least. Instead her young daughter was lured out and raped in the yard. It is an illustration of what can go horribly wrong when these quiver full mothers are completely overwhelmed and depressed.

Is it "The Story of a Lifetime" blog? medicinemansgirl.blogspot.com/

I have a hard time understanding the writing, but apparently they've moved away from the bad landlord, she's selling essential oils, and someone just gave them a brand new van. I also got the feeling the family was moving away from organized religion.

I have a hard time understanding the writing, but apparently they've moved away from the bad landlord, she's selling essential oils, and someone just gave them a brand new van. I also got the feeling the family was moving away from organized religion.

Yes that's it. Thank you I have been trying off and on to find it for months.

what is it with fundies and essential oils lately? is this a new fad for them?

If you look on her June 4th post, most of the way down, mixed in with all sorts of other photos, is a burned-child-healed-by-essential-oils story -- shades of the Max Goddard story we were discussing here a few months ago. Fortunately this burn was much milder, but still... Are burns like these common in such huge families and this is just "par for the course" or is this really suspicious? These folks' story apparently happened about a month before Max's early July accident.

I can't decide if there's actually some kind of trend for false stories going around, just as a way to promote the oils, or whether they are just odd coincidences. Or, as I said, maybe these kinds of accidents happen all the time and it's only gotten more popular to report on it publicly. Initially I thought Max's story was fake, but in hindsight now it appears to be real. So maybe it's just the reporting that has become more open and turned into a sales pitch for the oils, rather than more actual incidents occurring.

If you look on her June 4th post, most of the way down, mixed in with all sorts of other photos, is a burned-child-healed-by-essential-oils story -- shades of the Max Goddard story we were discussing here a few months ago. Fortunately this burn was much milder, but still... Are burns like these common in such huge families and this is just "par for the course" or is this really suspicious? These folks' story apparently happened about a month before Max's early July accident.

I can't decide if there's actually some kind of trend for false stories going around, just as a way to promote the oils, or whether they are just odd coincidences. Or, as I said, maybe these kinds of accidents happen all the time and it's only gotten more popular to report on it publicly. Initially I thought Max's story was fake, but in hindsight now it appears to be real. So maybe it's just the reporting that has become more open and turned into a sales pitch for the oils, rather than more actual incidents occurring.

ah. i only just came back to the forum...a couple of weeks ago? something like that. so i hadn't even heard of that yet.

but i think this is like the third fundie i've heard talk about essential oils. the first was jana duggar herself (and from the way she gave them to jessa, it doesn't seem like she has a total grasp on it or she's misinformed about how to work with them).

On the oils: fundie acquaintance on FB explained this as Biblical, of course! Something about anointing with oils being a common thing in Biblical times, so naturally that's God himself telling his people to sell oil to one another. Only now it's not just olive oil, but expensive MLM essential oils. Perfect sense, right?

Editing to add: here's a typical explanation for what's going on here.

jenessentially.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/essential-oils-from-a-christian-perspective/

I found the post from September 2009 where she talks about her daughters rape, but she took it down in 2013. She says they lost their baby two months after it happened, and the weight was too much and she just spilled it all. She has since decided that it is up to her daughter when and where the information will be released, if ever. And if it ever is released, it will be used to help other victims.

It isn't just fundies who are into essential oils, my Facebook is full of friends, none of whom are remotely fundie, who are into them. Between essential oils and cannabis oil no one ever needs to see a physician again.

On the oils: fundie acquaintance on FB explained this as Biblical, of course! Something about anointing with oils being a common thing in Biblical times, so naturally that's God himself telling his people to sell oil to one another.

ugh yet another example of people taking a Bible verse and twisting it to mean whatever they want it to mean. Yes,the Bible talks about oil for healing, but it's in the context of having your leaders come and anoint you and pray over you. Not making a quick buck off each other by insisting that this is the only godly way to do first aid....

I need some help too remembering a blog. It was the lady who scheduled her teenage daughters days in the summer and we all talked about how ridiculous this was. She did not dress too frumperish.

Anyone remember a blog with a family with three boys and their son, Christian, died in some sort of odd drowning accident a few years ago. They had another boy since then. I recall she had an image of an owl holding a cup of coffee on her blog. I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I wanna say the surname was Dawes or something like that. It's been driving me crazy.

• 1 year later...

Archived