IGNORED

New fundie blog found :D - Trask Family

fundyfunland

I found a new fundie blog, as I was searching for any recent activity on Jessica & Le Chad. I came across the Trask family, as Jessica seems to read & comment there. 7 kids, SAHM, etc.

thetraskfamily.blogspot.com/

Haven't gone too far back on it yet, looks pretty dry, but no doubt there are some snark-worthy entries somewhere on there.

Enjoy :D

So far everything on this blog seems fluffy but this posting is a bit snark worthy to me

thetraskfamily.blogspot.com/2008/12/lords-ways-are-not-our-ways.html

Still looking through some stuff. The blogger's use of colored fonts is pretty annoying and in some entries she could have used paragraphs more and in other entries she could have used spacing between paragraphs. A lot of her entries are sort of eye sores.

Still looking through some stuff. The blogger's use or colored fonts is pretty annoying and in some entries she could have used paragraphs more and in other entries she could have used spacing between paragraphs. A lot of her entries are sort of eye sores.

Think you'll like this other blog better. The title of the blog: Obedient to my husband, should give you a good idea how the blog goes. Enjoy :P

obedienttomyhusband.blogspot.com/

Still looking through some stuff. The blogger's use or colored fonts is pretty annoying and in some entries she could have used paragraphs more and in other entries she could have used spacing between paragraphs. A lot of her entries are sort of eye sores.

I agree. And also, what is up with this blog using bold and italicized font for the entire entry? You use those for titles, to emphasize things, titles, and quotes. Not the entire damn post.

I agree. And also, what is up with this blog using bold and italicized font for the entire entry? You use those for titles, to emphasize things, titles, and quotes. Not the entire damn post.

I think she uses bold and italicized fonts and different colors, to sort of give her blog a cutesy look. It just ends up being an eye sore for different reasons. Some of the other fundie bloggers are pretty consistent with how they post things. They aren't posting with different colors, fonts or using bold or italicized in each post. I think this blogger really has a blog for fluff reasons. She doesn't seem mean spirited like other fundie bloggers. I'm sure she probably dislikes certain people but maybe she just doesn't feel the need to post hateful things like Jessica or ZsuZsu. Jessica tried to make her blog seem fluffy but at times she showed hatefulness and ignorance.

I think this particular blogger seems ok in some ways.

I kinda like the cutesy look!

There are some real pretty blogs out there with photos and really good color schemes. Some of the girls have a real eye for putting stuff together.

Think you'll like this other blog better. The title of the blog: Obedient to my husband, should give you a good idea how the blog goes. Enjoy :P

Looking through the blog now. The Questions for the Divorced entry seems a bit snark worthy.

Oooh, the Trasks were one of the royal families in the Assemblies of God WIWAF. It appears they still are, as one Rev. Thomas Trask is mentioned frequently on websites that are devoted to exposing the ideological shifts that have taken place in the AOG over the last 50 years or so.

At first glance, I think I'll choose to snark on THIS quote from her blog: "I am not training my children to be math whizzes or win a noble prize..."

Nope, no nobility for them. (It's Nobel prize.)

She also thinks "a lot" is one word. Yikes.

She also continues the proud fundie tradition of getting hysterical over really stupid things, like the UN Rights for Children convention. And continues the tradition of getting hysterical over these things from what she hears on the interwebz, because she fully admits she doesn't have knowledge of world events or politics. Bet you 100 bucks she hasn't read the Convention.

From the comment section of the July 29 post:

July 30, 2011 9:27 PM

Maria said...

What if one spouse is abusive? Towards the other spouse AND the kids?

August 22, 2011 2:58 PM

Joanna said...

1 Cor. 7:10-11 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: but and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

What can I say? We do not have to be treated kindly to stay with our spouse. We can endure some hardship. But if you or the children are really in danger, find another place to stay until things can be worked out. You are not to leave your husband, and if you must be apart for a time, always be ready for reconciliation. Living apart because of danger is not necessarily Leaving your husband, I don't think. But again, we can meekly endure some things, we don't need to seek escape simply because he is unkind in speech or action.

I hope I was clear here. There is an epidemic of wives leaving their husbands when the Bible plainly says, Let not the wife depart from her husband. Put your full trust in Jesus, surrender everything and every situation to him and let him teach you. If you want to obey Jesus, he will make a way for you, If you want a loophole, well, there are plenty.

No matter how many times I read tripe like this, it always shocks me. I wonder where (or if) she draws the line between unkind/hardship and abuse. Also, how often does "working it out" with the abuser end well? I'm so flabbergasted, I can't think right now.

obedienttomyhusband.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-03T08%3A57%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=7

Wow, this whole blog is pukealicious.

I kinda like the cutesy look!

There are some real pretty blogs out there with photos and really good color schemes. Some of the girls have a real eye for putting stuff together.

The layout and the photos of the blog don't bother me. I find it distracting how she isn't in consistent in her fonts in her blog postings.

Archived