IGNORED

Insensitive Robin Williams Comments

DomWackTroll

The Christian Post seems to cheer actor Todd Bridges' reaction by giving it a headline: “You gotta buckle down, ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect. Rest in peace Robin Williams, I hope you found what you were looking for.â€

christianpost.com/news/robin-williams-faith-examined-in-light-of-suicide-he-should-have-buckled-down-asked-god-for-help-actor-says-124697/

Bridges later apologized.

Maybe he did pray and god didn't fucking answer...

Pisses me off to no end when people with no history of mental illness have the balls to suggest that prayer heals all.

Fuck him.

RIP Robin Williams.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps the Evangelical crazies will adopt Christian families from Iraq. Put your money where your mouth is and get your Ultra-Right-Wing Congressmen to sponsor a way for these families to find a new life in the homes of Christians in this nation. Maybe the Duggars can find room in their home. In the meantime, Robin Williams was, and will always be, a national treasure so silence from the religious community would be appreciated. Since Evangelicals seem to lack a sense of humor, they have no place in a discussion about Robin Williams.

:text-+1: quoted for truth, love every line.

Yeah, a lot of Catholic saints multitask, and it makes for some strange combos. St. Valentine is the patron saint of fainting, lovers, beekeeping, epilepsy, engaged couples, and travellers. And St. Ann is the patron saint of equestrians, French-Canadian voyageurs, cabinet makers, homemakers, and sailors.

Oh Catholic Church, I don't miss your guilt, but I do miss your wonderful factoids.

What would L. Ron Cupboard say if he knew his patron saint was a *gasp* woman?! :o

What would L. Ron Cupboard say if he knew his patron saint was a *gasp* woman?! :o

This is so wonderful, I can't even stand it. I sort of want to email him the link.

This is so wonderful, I can't even stand it. I sort of want to email him the link.

Meh, just quote the post in the Cabinetboy thread. He'll see it.

Did you know that “shazbot, nanu nanu†translates to “Satan take me� It’s true.

creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/robin-williams-in-hell/

That site -- :shock:

There is one hint that Poe's Law applies, though:

creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/this-site-is-not-about-edgar-allen-poe/#comments

I sure hope it is a parody.

That site -- :shock:

There is one hint that Poe's Law applies, though:

creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2013/04/13/this-site-is-not-about-edgar-allen-poe/#comments

I sure hope it is a parody.

I call Poe.

But I typically have too much faith in the human race.

Fuck you, you evil witch:

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2014/08/stars-drop-from-the-sky/

To cleanse the palate:

theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-word-about-wonderful-robin-williams.html

Fuck you, you evil witch:

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2014/08/stars-drop-from-the-sky/

To cleanse the palate:

theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-word-about-wonderful-robin-williams.html

What a twunt. And what's her deal with dentistry? She mentioned it 3 damn times in that one post.

...and Matt Walsh has jumped into the mix now, informing us that depression is spiritual, not just mental.

I call Poe.

But I typically have too much faith in the human race.

I think it's a pretty obvious Poe, but a really well done one, because he throws in " believable " posts with the ones that are over-the-top satire. And has a great one on Rick Santorium that combines both. Have to love the comments when people are practically having strokes over his appalling beliefs :lol:

We know there are plenty coming. James McDonald is first out of the gate on Facebook:

“The tears of a clown reflect a life without God.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10204211684070790

It angers me that James McDonald probably gives advice to people who are struggling with mental health problems. Those problems don't get better because some self-righteous dude with no clue and no empathy blames you for having them.

Edited to add a double bird to Matt Walsh.

I ache for anyone who needs help and who doesn't know they have access to resources beyond Psalms (which are awesome but not a substitute for therapy or meds) and worse-than-useless, harmful nouthetic counseling.

Mara Wilson (Matilda, Mrs. Doubtfire, etc) posted yesterday

I am very sad, very confused, and probably not going to check social media for a while.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mara-Wil ... 8994277963

I know its not an insensitive comment, but I felt in light of all of the stupid people, I would post somethinig from a smart, funny person who knew Robin well. Then we have from the lovely Miss Reba McEntire

My favorite memory of Robin Williams was from Muhammad Ali’s Celebrity Fight Night. I was the em-cee at the benefit dinner/auction, trying to get everyone to take their seats so we could start the show but not having much success. Jim Carrey jumps up on his chair at the head table and says, “Hey!! Do you know who that is? That’s Reba McEntire! Now sit down and shut up!†Robin at the other end of the head table, stands on his chair and says the same thing but in a foreign language! The crowd loved it, laughed and found their seats. I was speechless and in awe of these very talented wonderful men.

I will miss Robin so much, as we all will. Thank God we have so many wonderful memories of him, his wit, talent, big heart and generosity.

Love you Robin,

Reba

He was such an amazing PERSON. Watching his movies, looking at pictures, you can SEE he was a good person. You know how some people can act nice, but they are really bitchy and it kinda shows? I feel like Robin had a glow about him, because he was a good person. I really really hope he is in a better place.

10592967_1470345236568735_8739506494659734479_n.jpg

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you for sharing your insane talent, with the rest of the world, even when you were hurting. I feel privileged to have seen you perform, both as a comedien, and an actor. I'm so sorry that you were hurting too much, to continue to stay on earth. I hope that right now, you are making everyone up in heaven (or whatever you believe in), laugh their collective wings off, only now, without the pain. I will say a prayer for your family because I know they are heartbroken, but I also wish you eternal peace and laughter. Thanks! And, have fun, wherever you are.

This was my comment last night on FB to all the asshats who think depression is of the devil.

"Hey asshat people who think depression is the work of the devil. You can kiss my big ass!! You're are the reason I turned my back on religion. Don't tell me that you will pray for me I don't need or want your prayers"

Robin Williams' death smacked me in the face. As someone who struggles, I can imagine the pain he was suffering, the never ending darkness that overtook him to where the only way he could see to end it was to commit suicide. I grieve for him, the world truly lost a jewel. I grieve for his family, especially his children. I pray they don't suffer survivors' guilt over this,

I hope he finally found the peace he was looking for so desperately.

To the asshats...FUCK YOU ALL...you have no idea what its like to just want to end the pain of living, of being so tired of living but too damn scared to die.

Signed...another depression sufferer.

WTH with these comments? Fuck all of these ignorant people!

Such a sad day. He must have felt so sad and alone. His eyes always reminded me of my dad's, those beautiful ice blue eyes.

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for his family, especially his children.

To the asshats making those comments and continuing the stigma of mental illness FUCK YOU! :obscene-birdiered: :fbomb:

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I never knew my maternal grandmother because she committed suicide when my mom was still a senior in high school. At least, even the Facebook friends I have who often post religious stuff haven't said anything insensitive about Robin Williams. If anyone does, I'm unfriending them.

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you for sharing your insane talent, with the rest of the world, even when you were hurting. I feel privileged to have seen you perform, both as a comedien, and an actor. I'm so sorry that you were hurting too much, to continue to stay on earth. I hope that right now, you are making everyone up in heaven (or whatever you believe in), laugh their collective wings off, only now, without the pain. I will say a prayer for your family because I know they are heartbroken, but I also wish you eternal peace and laughter. Thanks! And, have fun, wherever you are.

Well said!! Also If anyone needs a laugh look up Christine Lathi wins Golden Globe in 1998. She was in the restroom when her name was announced & after her husband went up. Robin Williams did a very funny ad lib.

Archived