IGNORED

Insensitive Robin Williams Comments

DomWackTroll

We know there are plenty coming. James McDonald is first out of the gate on Facebook:

“The tears of a clown reflect a life without God.â€

facebook.com/james.mcdonald1/posts/10204211684070790

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Christian Post seems to cheer actor Todd Bridges' reaction by giving it a headline: “You gotta buckle down, ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect. Rest in peace Robin Williams, I hope you found what you were looking for.â€

christianpost.com/news/robin-williams-faith-examined-in-light-of-suicide-he-should-have-buckled-down-asked-god-for-help-actor-says-124697/

Bridges later apologized.

And his respondents think RW does not know God. Has he ever said what hr believes?

Pretty sure God likes Robin Williams a hell of a lot better than hate mongers.

Whose fucking business is it? The man is dead and has a grieving family.... it grates me to no end that these morons have to have a say in EVERY DAMN THING they know nothing about.

I"ve read he was an Episcopalian, but I don't know.

Of course, that would be the same as a hellbound heathan to most of the fundies we follow

Candace Cameron is being decent on Twitter. Can Kirk refrain from assholery?

Jasmine Baucham also being nice on Twitter.

And his respondents think RW does not know God. Has he ever said what hr believes?

RW is an episcopalian.

Eta: he was. Was an episcopalian.

Good for the commenter who mentioned Rick Warren's son, and asks people not to judge (good luck with that, but good for her for trying).

Where is the compassion with these people making hateful and judgmental comments about Robin Williams death?

Suicides are not deaths due to character flaws or lack of faith in God. They are people so wretchedly miserable they only want out of the pain they cannot see an end too.

Here is another unsolicited comment about Williams death:

I firmly believe God is merciful to those who leave us in such torment.

If you don't believe in God, at least wish the poor guy peace in some form, even if it happens to be oblivion. If you believe in a deity that would condemn such a person for suicide head to the prayer closet because you missed the memos on "Love one another" and "Treat others as you would like to be treated."

While you are there pray it is never your family member splashed across the headlines for suicide because that is a whole different kind of hell than standard flames and pitchforks. :angry-banghead:

Did you know that “shazbot, nanu nanu†translates to “Satan take me� It’s true.

creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/robin-williams-in-hell/

Todd Bridges' comment annoyed me and I have heard the suicide is selfish comment from various people over the years. I think those people lack awareness on mental illness issues.

Here's a good one I saw on my Facebook feed today:

"An American comedian dies and the facebook world explodes with kind words of encouragement and support. It is tragic that Robin Williams has passed, but where are the dozens of posts of shock and sorrow about the Christians being slaughtered in Iraq, and the thousands of babies that are being ripped apart or burned to death by chemicals in the womb everyday? It really just ticks me off that everyone is silent until the topic concerns Hollywood."

UGH.

Like a person isn't allowed to feel more affected by one tragedy than another.

And then some grisly anti-choice language in there to top it all off.

EDIT: I'm tempted to comment, "The dozens of posts of shock and sorrow about the current persecution of Christians in Iraq and about abortion are in my newsfeed. All. The. Damn. Time."

"An American comedian dies and the facebook world explodes with kind words of encouragement and support. It is tragic that Robin Williams has passed, but where are the dozens of posts of shock and sorrow about the Christians being slaughtered in Iraq, and the thousands of babies that are being ripped apart or burned to death by chemicals in the womb everyday? It really just ticks me off that everyone is silent until the topic concerns Hollywood."

UGH.

:think: Well, I don't believe life starts at conception, and none of the "Christians being slaughtered in Iraq" were on Happy Days or made me laugh. So...... :nenner:

UGH.

EDIT: I'm tempted to comment, "The dozens of posts of shock and sorrow about the current persecution of Christians in Iraq and about abortion are in my newsfeed. All. The. Damn. Time."

These fucking assholes will use any excuse to cram in an abortion comment. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

This news has really been affecting me. I don't think I've been so upset about a celebrity death since Steve Irwin. Fortunately even my fundie acquaintances are being very sensitive.

UGH.

The abortion comments are just gross, and I don't know why the plight of the Yazidi and the Kurds is any less important that the Christians in Iraq (who have been tortured and killed in the most disgusting ways), but there's a bit of a valid point about how the death of a Hollywood celebrity can eclipse major news stories and tragedies elsewhere.

CNN seems to have trouble covering more than one big story at a time. They were doing constant coverage of ISIS, including the massive atrocities and imminent risk of genocide of the Yazidi - and then as soon as the Robin Williams story broke, they devoted 100% of the air time to that. You still have 20,000 - 30,000 Yazidi trapped on Sinjar Mountain in extreme heat without food or water.

We saw something similar with Michael Jackson's death. Up until that point, the big news story had been the Green movement in Iran and the fact that the regime looked like it could be toppled as hundreds of thousands of protestors hit the streets of Tehran. If they had been successful, it would be have HUGE, not only for Iran but for the rest of the region and the world. The whole world was watching....until Michael Jackson was found dead, and the news coverage instantly switched to that. The Iranian regime launch a brutal crackdown while the world was distracted.

It's natural that people care most about those who are closest to us, and those that we get to know through the media. Despite his struggles, Robin Williams was enormously talented and known as a amazingly kind human being. There is value in honoring that. There's just a risk with celebrity culture in general that serious news stories affecting thousands, if not millions, can get overlooked.

I learned from Abigail's post that there is a patron saint of comedians.

Yup there is, Genesius of Rome. He's also the patron saint of lawyers, clowns, epileptics and torture victims.

Yup there is, Genesius of Rome. He's also the patron saint of lawyers, clowns, epileptics and torture victims.

Comedians, clowns, lawyers, torture victims and epileptics? Yeah, you just one guy for that group. :lol:

Perhaps the Evangelical crazies will adopt Christian families from Iraq. Put your money where your mouth is and get your Ultra-Right-Wing Congressmen to sponsor a way for these families to find a new life in the homes of Christians in this nation. Maybe the Duggars can find room in their home. In the meantime, Robin Williams was, and will always be, a national treasure so silence from the religious community would be appreciated. Since Evangelicals seem to lack a sense of humor, they have no place in a discussion about Robin Williams.

Comedians, clowns, lawyers, torture victims and epileptics? Yeah, you just one guy for that group. :lol:

Yeah, a lot of Catholic saints multitask, and it makes for some strange combos. St. Valentine is the patron saint of fainting, lovers, beekeeping, epilepsy, engaged couples, and travellers. And St. Ann is the patron saint of equestrians, French-Canadian voyageurs, cabinet makers, homemakers, and sailors.

Oh Catholic Church, I don't miss your guilt, but I do miss your wonderful factoids.

Archived