IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

Jinger is turning into Tan Mom. :? In all seriousness, I have to wonder if she's decided that if she can't be the "prettiest" (Jessa), then she's going to be the tannest.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jinger is turning into Tan Mom. :? In all seriousness, I have to wonder if she's decided that if she can't be the "prettiest" (Jessa), then she's going to be the tannest.

I think its her way of trying to be individual-she has limited choices of how she can express herself, and she seems like quite a creative, expressive kind of person. She cant cut her hair, get a tattoo, buy clothes that are too far from what the rest of her sisters wear, or anything like that. Maybe she sees tanning as the only acceptable way to be individual, as among all of the girls with their long curls, modest dress and flip flops, theres only one that's orange.

Family and Freedom........as long as you're straight!

But don't serve your country in the military and don't associate with real people in a real church and don't go to a school of any kind.

But don't serve your country in the military and don't associate with real people in a real church and don't go to a school of any kind.

I don't think the Duggars understand the meaning of the word freedom. Look at their kids for example.

So I totally talked about the Duggars during my Psychology class tonight during our discussion on sex and birth control. I felt like I should share that:

A) most people didn't seem to know who they were and

B) they all seemed disgusted when I mentioned that they think birth control causes abortions

Do you see why I hate America

I hate being "that" person - aka a huge Harry Potter nerd - but that person was incorrect in saying it would be Neville. He was the other baby it could have been, but his mother wouldn't have been given the option of dying for her son. Only reason Lily was given that chance was because of Snape. Someone else would have eventually taken Voldey out, but not Neville (who would have died with his parents).

And now back to your regular programming. :embarrassed:

So I totally talked about the Duggars during my Psychology class tonight during our discussion on sex and birth control. I felt like I should share that:

A) most people didn't seem to know who they were and

B) they all seemed disgusted when I mentioned that they think birth control causes abortions

I'm relieved people didn't know who they were!

Sounds like an interesting class.

... File in the Duggar myth column....along with MOTY.

MOTY is NOT a myth. J'chelle was awarded Arkansas Young Mother of the Year Award in 2004 complete with media coverage. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/off ... rood_x.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-a-mother/

I'm relieved people didn't know who they were!

Sounds like an interesting class.

It's General Psychology. The Professor is awesome - she does a ton of work with addiction patients, domestic violence, and teen moms. She didn't seem to recognize the Duggars, but some of the people in the class had heard of the show name before.

:wink-kitty:

I was not clear. Yes, she was given MOTY award, but it is a myth that she is anything resembling a MOTY.

Ahhh, got it. I completely agree. She doesn't have a maternal bone in her body.

A friend of mine stated on Facebook that she was looking for a swimsuit and after some discussion of how she hated wearing and buying swimsuits, I posted the Wholesome Wear link and told her she, too, could look like a Duggar. Then another friend posted that because of my post, the FB suggestions were now coming up all Duggars for him, but considering it was Halloween, he felt it was "somehow appropriate." To which I replied, I wonder if anyone has ever gone as the Duggar Family for Halloween? Or even just the major players in this cast of characters? If you wanted to do the whole clan you'd need a LOT of friends to go along, but even just doing Michelle and Jim Bob could be interesting. Anyone here done that or know anyone who has? Great chance to break out the jeans skirts and '80s hair!

A friend of mine stated on Facebook that she was looking for a swimsuit and after some discussion of how she hated wearing and buying swimsuits, I posted the Wholesome Wear link and told her she, too, could look like a Duggar. Then another friend posted that because of my post, the FB suggestions were now coming up all Duggars for him, but considering it was Halloween, he felt it was "somehow appropriate." To which I replied, I wonder if anyone has ever gone as the Duggar Family for Halloween? Or even just the major players in this cast of characters? If you wanted to do the whole clan you'd need a LOT of friends to go along, but even just doing Michelle and Jim Bob could be interesting. Anyone here done that or know anyone who has? Great chance to break out the jeans skirts and '80s hair!
LOL That would be fun. There's actually a thread on it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23851

i wanted to go as Beverly Goldberg this year. If my hubby and i went as JB & Michelle next year, i think people would really start to worry about us. :D

LOL That would be fun. There's actually a thread on it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23851

i wanted to go as Beverly Goldberg this year. If my hubby and i went as JB & Michelle next year, i think people would really start to worry about us. :D

We love The Goldbergs! My teen son loves '80s music and movies (through my influence), so he also loves The Goldbergs. His favorite movie is Back to the Future, so the episode with the DeLorean was awesome.

I hate being "that" person - aka a huge Harry Potter nerd - but that person was incorrect in saying it would be Neville. He was the other baby it could have been, but his mother wouldn't have been given the option of dying for her son. Only reason Lily was given that chance was because of Snape. Someone else would have eventually taken Voldey out, but not Neville (who would have died with his parents).

And now back to your regular programming. :embarrassed:

Yeah, but every time I see this I can't help but think if Merope had an abortion how much misery would have been avoided.

Yeah, but every time I see this I can't help but think if Merope had an abortion how much misery would have been avoided.

Yes! Plus, Harry was very much wanted; Tom aka Voldemort was not. So why would Lilly get an abortion in the first place? I never understand this logic.

This is a problem with many of their posters. If Harry Potter was aborted ... Lily & James wanted Harry. Why would they abort? The Duggars wear I survive Roe vs Wade ... They were all wanted babies so why would they have been aborted? There are so many other examples of idiotic signs.

Do these people want me to take their protest seriously?

We love The Goldbergs! My teen son loves '80s music and movies (through my influence), so he also loves The Goldbergs. His favorite movie is Back to the Future, so the episode with the DeLorean was awesome.

Oh i definitely think they have a real time machine. :lol: Those guys in the JTP are straight out of the '80's. They could totally be my older non-fundie cousins. Their acting coach deserves an Emmy.

The whole show is just awesome. It feels more like early '90's to me, that was when i was Adam's age and my family still had those clothes and computers and everything. My sisters and i tried to make hula skirts out of printer paper strips, lol. Seems like yesterday. My parents were strict so we couldn't watch MTV or wear clothes like Erica (more like Dana - i even had one of the dresses her character wears IRL and PLASTIC earrings, so chic) or go to the mall alone so i relate more to Adam's character. Muscles Mirsky is the bomb. That's pretty much how i was as a kid lol. It was hard giving up all that culture when my parents decided to become Mennonite, so i'm kind of addicted to the show. :D

i have to get the dvds lol Too bad the old shows aren't online anymore, the Goonies one was the best imo. But they did do best-of's: youtube.com/watch?v=RyH9WhpOyXs

And from Marci Dauer's fan photos of their church, yeah no. Not TV-worthy. Unless it was a reality show about a cultish church with mover blankets as stage backdrops and on some windows.

[attachment=2]Capture.JPG[/attachment]3

That striped shirt Josh is wearing must live in the family closet, because I swear JChelle is wearing it in one of the more recent bus tour photos. She has been photographed wearing a blue striped shirt, too, but this looks exactly like one I just saw her wearing in another thread. I Googled but cannot find the photo. I distinctly remember because stripes is new for her, and she rarely wears black.

This is a problem with many of their posters. If Harry Potter was aborted ... Lily & James wanted Harry. Why would they abort? The Duggars wear I survive Roe vs Wade ... They were all wanted babies so why would they have been aborted? There are so many other examples of idiotic signs.

They don't care. Their protest is all about them. LOOK AT ME! OVER HERE! ME! ME! ME! LOOK WHAT I'M SAYING! LOOK AT ME! LOOK HOW SELF-RIGHTEOUS *I* AM!

They don't give a shit whether they make sense or not.

:angry-banghead:

I've gotten the impression lately that a lot of them genuinely believe that pro-choice advocates want every single pregnancy terminated. Which is just baffling if you have any kind of grasp on reality, but I guess if you're kept sheltered in the echo chamber, far away from anything resembling actual facts?

I dressed up as Michelle once! It wasn't for Halloween, but a friend had a bridal shower where everyone had to come as a famous couples. I was 8 months pregnant, so found some hairspray and did my hair up right. Hubby and I wore matching buttoned-to-the-top red polos and I had a long khaki maternity skirt. He slicked his hair down and tucked in his shirt. Very fun. And I do have to admit that being that heavily pregnant, being dressed so frumpily was pretty liberating - it was almost like no one saw me as a woman, if that makes sense.

But the awkward part is that this was five or so years ago and not that many people knew who the Duggars were, so we had to introduce ourselves and keep explaining that we were in costume. Because I think people were polite and just assumed we were fundie.

JimBob and Michelle have donated $10,000 to political candidates who are in favor of repealing Fayetteville's new civil rights ordinance.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2014/1 ... -election/

So they get volunteers to save money on their children's weddings, but when it comes to eliminating the rights of others they have bottomless pockets.

That's RWNJ logic at work there for you. :roll: My brother and sister-in-law have given money several times a year since 1992 in some cases ($100-$500 donations each time) to the RNC, RGA, NRA, NOM, George Zimmerman, 9/12 Patriots, etc... And my niece (their only child) used to run around in ill fitting rags, because her mother would only spend $200 a year for clothes and shoes for her daughter. (My parents and myself as well as her maternal aunt would give the kid clothes and gift cards for clothes, but my sister in law would return them for store credit or just throw them in the garbage, because she didn't want baby to expect such things. But she would have come off the money and she bragged about this if God had blessed her with a son. :twisted:

Archived