IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

So, with Anna's pregnancy test next week, I really believe she is pregnant then. As much as TLC plays storylines, I don't think they are advertising it for nothing. I think Anna is pregnant. With Anna possibly being pregnant, and Jill pregnant and possibly Jessa soon......Oh boy, Dairy queen is gonna FLIP!!

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, with Anna's pregnancy test next week, I really believe she is pregnant then. As much as TLC plays storylines, I don't think they are advertising it for nothing. I think Anna is pregnant. With Anna possibly being pregnant, and Jill pregnant and possibly Jessa soon......Oh boy, Dairy queen is gonna FLIP!!

Considering this will make her want number 20 even more, does that mean we will see less of her on television?

Because that means she'd be with Boob a lot of the time doing you know what.

All throughout the first half (all I could stay up for) of the RV episode, she looked very. Decidedly. Pregnant. With just no way to hide it.

Even though it sure sounds like TLC eludes to a pregnancy announcement for Anna next week, I am going to be surprised if she is. I have been following her, like a lot of folks, on instagram and if she is pregnant she is really hiding it well. I actually thought she looked quite fit in recent pics.

Could they possibly be showing a negative test result to show the viewers who criticize their "we will have as many as we can" belief that see we can be not pregnant and still happy... or a we had three but now we can't get pregnant fertility issue. A "God doesn't think it's time for more" story.

Isn't Anna afraid of heights? There was that episode where Josh made her go on the ferris wheel and she was panicking the entire time. Probably why she didn't go on the rides.

I'm the same way. I never go to amusement parks anymore. But when I did, I'm the one that sat on the bench to make sure no one's stuff got stolen, and waved to everyone when they passed. Yep, I'm boring. ;)

I don't recall her being overly out of her mind terrified when they did the parasailing on their honeymoon...? :think:

ETA Maybe having kids has changed things for her though?

All throughout the first half (all I could stay up for) of the RV episode, she looked very. Decidedly. Pregnant. With just no way to hide it.

I didn't think she looked pregnant at all on the RV, and I don't think she WAS pregnant on the RV. In fact, she said while she was on the RV that she wasn't pregnant.

If she is pregnant, I believe she took the test and they filmed it after the road trip, maybe even a few days ago.

If Anna is pregnant, it would be rude and disrespectful to announce it at her sister's party. The party is supposed to be about celebrating her sister's baby, not about Anna.

OK - there we go! Looks like a possible pregnancy announcement for Anna next week...I mean, is there really any chance they would advertise her with a pregnancy test and she's NOT pregnant? And on (maybe?) the season finale? Hmm..

I think TLC will do anything to get people to watch, so yeah, I think it's possible it's negative.

Michelle would flip the fu$@ out if all three girls were pregnant. I'm still foolishly holding on to the hope that the Seewalds convince Jessa to go to college or cosmetology school. She could even do fundie hair and make up out of her home if JB is still weirdly involved in their lives and won't let her do anything else.

Jezebel has an article out on the Duggar's. No surprise, there are new ones every day. Anyway, the writer brings up something we've talked about before, stating that it's all tax-deductible since JB is registered as a church. All of this got me thinking, if the Duggars are a ministry, a church, and actually a cult, can't one of the kids sue? It is easier to sue a church for abuse than your parents. I don't think the Duggar's can have it both ways.

I imagine Josiah might have a case. All the kids actually could claim that they were brainwashed from birth. Even if all of the Duggar kids don't sue, if things get bad enough and spiritual and other abuse is proven by one child, someone could sue on the children's behalf.

Michelle would flip the fu$@ out if all three girls were pregnant. I'm still foolishly holding on to the hope that the Seewalds convince Jessa to go to college or cosmetology school. She could even do fundie hair and make up out of her home if JB is still weirdly involved in their lives and won't let her do anything else.

I'm not sure exactly how Michelle will react. I mean, we all know she's not handling this "season of life" with a dried up, stretched out uterus so great. I stand by thinking that woman is on some serious mood stabilizers or anti-anxiety meds - and I don't mean that in a poking fun way. I think she's looked like she's really hanging on by a thread lately and the vacant eyes and forced smiles have really reached a peak level of concern. She looked like she was going to start crying on the spot when they were reupholstering those stools and she started going on about missing the "little newborn babies." HELLO WOMAN, you have about 16 other children still living at home and you're wishing you had a baby? Maybe take a second to enjoy the ones you've already got and try to learn their names or a couple of things about them beyond what chores they're responsible for?

BUT - I think if she can't have any more of her own (and, please Jesus, no #20) that she will be ecstatic just to have a baby nearby to obsess over, period. I'm curious to see how "Little Baby Josie" will react because I think Jchelle will be spending a loooot of time with Jill once that baby is here. You KNOW Michelle is just dying to go over to Jill's house to lecture her on how to be a mom - as if Jill doesn't already know how to raise a baby...

ETA: And she better get used to this fast, because there could feasibly be 6-7 married Duggar kids within the next few years, and at roughly one kid every two years, it'd be pretty safe to say we're entering an era where at least 3 Duggars will be pregnant at any given time, The end is near. Uhg...

I'm glad J'Chelle is done with the babies. Otherwise, I'm sure TLC would try some sort of pee stick mix up, where some lost Duggar child comes across it in the kitchen trash and viewers get to text in their guess as to whom it belongs.

I'm glad J'Chelle is done with the babies. Otherwise, I'm sure TLC would try some sort of pee stick mix up, where some lost Duggar child comes across it in the kitchen trash and viewers get to text in their guess as to whom it belongs.

Uhg, don't even joke - that could still happen. Let's not forget that within the next 5ish years Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and maybe even Joyanna will probably all be moms, and that's not even including Anna or John David, Joseph or Josiah's potential future wives popping out kids too. If even half of them stay in Arkansas they will have enough kids to start a baby circus. :angry-banghead:

Uhg, don't even joke - that could still happen. Let's not forget that within the next 5ish years Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and maybe even Joyanna will probably all be moms, and that's not even including Anna or John David, Joseph or Josiah's potential future wives popping out kids too. If even half of them stay in Arkansas they will have enough kids to start a baby circus. :angry-banghead:

Yikes! S%^# just got real.

I have a hypothetical situation that I am curious about...What if one of the J'kids needed a transplant...kidney, bone marrow, liver lobe, etc....to save their life. A random stranger pops up as a match. The Duggars were able to meet this person pre-transplant to thank them for their gift. Through this meeting they discover that this kind soul was gay/lesbian, atheist, was a abortion advocate, etc. Would they allow the transplant to proceed or would they on principle insist that another donor be found? * I know that if this was a real life situation searching for a suitable donor is not likely to be needed since they are a huge genetically connected family*

I have a hypothetical situation that I am curious about...What if one of the J'kids needed a transplant...kidney, bone marrow, liver lobe, etc....to save their life. A random stranger pops up as a match. The Duggars were able to meet this person pre-transplant to thank them for their gift. Through this meeting they discover that this kind soul was gay/lesbian, atheist, was a abortion advocate, etc. Would they allow the transplant to proceed or would they on principle insist that another donor be found? * I know that if this was a real life situation searching for a suitable donor is not likely to be needed since they are a huge genetically connected family*

Oh this is very interesting! Wouldn't we like to put that question To Jim Bob And Michelle! I think in that scenario, they would get what they wanted and needed, appreciate it, but make it a point to always mention they dont agree with that lifestyle.

Josie was in the NICU for 6 months and had a plethora of care givers, probably some gays, lesbians, atheists and democrats. IMO, the Duggars morph to whatever benefits them-

Jezebel has an article out on the Duggar's. No surprise, there are new ones every day. Anyway, the writer brings up something we've talked about before, stating that it's all tax-deductible since JB is registered as a church. All of this got me thinking, if the Duggars are a ministry, a church, and actually a cult, can't one of the kids sue? It is easier to sue a church for abuse than your parents. I don't think the Duggar's can have it both ways.

I imagine Josiah might have a case. All the kids actually could claim that they were brainwashed from birth. Even if all of the Duggar kids don't sue, if things get bad enough and spiritual and other abuse is proven by one child, someone could sue on the children's behalf.

Curious. If the Duggar family is registered as a religious organization (or any part thereof), they would need to file tax documents (usually a 990) if they are incorporated as a 501©(3) which would limit their ability to campaign politically or otherwise exert influence (technically - I know that churches tell their congregants how to vote all the time, but technically they're not supposed to). However, as I was doing some research to find out if there was such a filing, I found this post which claims that their church is NOT registered as a nonprofit so they are not restricted like most churches are - anyone ever seen this sort of information or is this just speculation? The source they link to (Duggar Family Blog) doesn't have the post referred to anymore.

crossmap.com/blogs/19-kids-and-counting-life-behind-the-scenes-what-is-the-duggars-church-like-4239

The donor could probably be anyone other than Jimbob and Michelle, because them not having to inconvenience themselves for their kids is the most important thing to them.

Anna and Josh were out on the hate tour Bus campaigning for 1 woman + 1 man = marriage leading up to Jessa's wedding; she didn't look pregnant nor did she look pregnant at the wedding itself...However; Cousin Amy looks pregnant...lol

I'll tackle the bone marrow part of this question.

If a Duggarling needed a bone marrow transplant, every immediate family member would be tested. All of the child's 18 siblings, plus both Duggar parents. Because this family is favored by huge numbers, there is a good chance of finding a compatible bone marrow match.

If one could not be found, a donor would be found and matched in the bone marrow registry, based on the number of genetic markers that were established in the initial blood test. For example, my husband is a match for my son - he has 5 out of the 6 genetic markers required for a bone marrow transplant to take place. For the Duggars, further intermediate testing would determine if that family member would still be the best possible match, or if extended family were a possible match. Cousin Amy and Grandma Mary could even be tested (Mary would be too old to donate - the cutoff age is 60). If no match is found, there are others on the bone marrow registry that could be selected based on similar genetic markers.

If a random person from the registry is selected as the best possible match, the protocol is that the Duggars would not be allowed to meet this person for either 1 or 2 years, I think it was changed to 2. The family would not be allowed to know the identity of the donor in case the transplant fails. If all is well and the recipient got through the transplant successfully by the end of the given time period, then the family is allowed to know the name of the donor and to meet with him or her if they so desire.

So the answer to your question is, the Duggar family wouldn't be allowed to know anything about the marrow donor, and my guess is, if everything went well and both parties chose to meet, they wouldn't care about the donor's beliefs. Beliefs simply wouldn't be a factor in what would be the Happiest Episode Ever. I think Michelle and Jim Bob would just be happy to have their child alive.

That's what I know so far, but there are probably at least couple of other posters here who would know more about it than I do. ;)

As to kidneys or other organs, I cannot say what the protocol is.

Just a hypothetical "what if" out of the box scenario...I am familiar with transplant protocols. Would they accept a body part from a individual who was gay? *Just pretending that they knew the donor was gay prior to the transplant*

Anna and Josh were out on the hate tour Bus campaigning for 1 woman + 1 man = marriage leading up to Jessa's wedding; she didn't look pregnant nor did she look pregnant at the wedding itself...However; Cousin Amy looks pregnant...lol

IF Anna is pregnant (and I'm not saying she is or she isn't - just IF) I have a strong feeling that she found out relatively recently and in the two months or so since the jender reveal party which was held in the first couple of weeks of September. So, IF she is pregnant, and since these people start their mornings by peeing on a stick - she could still be very early on and not showing yet.

Archived