IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 8

happy atheist

What is a "pounding"? I am afraid to Google that phrase. Can someone explain - it seems to be separate from a shower somehow.

It's rough sex.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the lack of info on J and B's upcoming wedding is d/t the viewer backlash from Jill's June wedding still not being shown? Jill's pregnancy and Jessa's engagement both coming between Jill's actual wedding and the showing of such, were nothing more than unfortunate and poor timing. Maybe TLC is trying to avoid a similar occurrence with Jessa and Ben-

With Jill already in her 19 week of her pregnancy, the showing of the wedding seems rather yesterday's news.

Who is the random child?

Why are these three kids having to stand up in front of the crowd while Michelle rambles? Not really expecting an answer to this one.

post-2352-14451999583092_thumb.jpg

One reason that Jill had so many showers and so much more exposure is that she, unlike most of the other Duggar kids, has friends and colleagues outside of her family. She had the midwives and clients from her studies, and she also possibly still has friends from her firefighting stint. What has Jessa ever done outside the Duggar bubble? Served coffee for one morning with Jinger? Outside of the Querys or some other local friend of the family, who is going to want to invite the hundreds that would have to be fed and entertained at a Duggar shower? I anticipate that Jana will have the same level of hoopla as Jill, if she wants it (and I doubt she will - I suspect she would be the one who might want a true family wedding) just because she also did things outside the home and has hopefully amassed some respect from others for her hard work and patience. Kind of like how a lot of people adore Michaela Bates and were so happy when she started courting out of the blue, because she frankly earned a seemingly good and adoring guy. I would love for Jana to have such a seemingly happy outcome.

I am kind of shocked that there hasn't been even one peep about where the newlyweds will be living as of next week. Hopefully not in the storage unit, although that would make for some great TV. :lol:

One reason that Jill had so many showers and so much more exposure is that she, unlike most of the other Duggar kids, has friends and colleagues outside of her family. She had the midwives and clients from her studies, and she also possibly still has friends from her firefighting stint. What has Jessa ever done outside the Duggar bubble? Served coffee for one morning with Jinger? Outside of the Querys or some other local friend of the family, who is going to want to invite the hundreds that would have to be fed and entertained at a Duggar shower? I anticipate that Jana will have the same level of hoopla as Jill, if she wants it (and I doubt she will - I suspect she would be the one who might want a true family wedding) just because she also did things outside the home and has hopefully amassed some respect from others for her hard work and patience. Kind of like how a lot of people adore Michaela Bates and were so happy when she started courting out of the blue, because she frankly earned a seemingly good and adoring guy. I would love for Jana to have such a seemingly happy outcome.

We had several showers for the same reason and it made me uncomfortable but I didn't know how to say no. My colleagues had one for both of us, my maid of honor gave me one, my husband's colleagues gave us one (my favorite, it was a hoot), one from the dear ladies at the church I grew up in, and one from my current church. I would have been happy with just one but I always suspected that a few of them were the people's attempt to make sure I was loved and many were happy for me since my parents had passed.

I think this is her "reap what you've sown"moment from Jichelle and DimBob. They have said on camera more than once that Jessa was difficult. They watch the episodes and rehash them in front of the cameras for Dishing With the Duggars, so they are well aware of all her eye rolling and attitude.

Either that, or, this being (Non)Reality TV Land, they have already filmed the necessary shower-type footage or will recreate it later.

I just find it so odd that her mom and sisters weren't at the shower the seewalds threw for Ben and jessa. What up with that? Unless her family already had a shower for her (which I doubt).

I just find it so odd that her mom and sisters weren't at the shower the seewalds threw for Ben and jessa. What up with that? Unless her family already had a shower for her (which I doubt).

Is it for sure that they weren't? I saw some photos of it on Facebook, it was really tastefully done. Super pinterest overload, but what isn't these days. And Jed and Jer were there for sure. Didn't see any photos of the sisters though, but i wouldn't say that proves they weren't there.

(I've only just been able to catch up with all these episodes so this isn't strictly related but I just wanted to say that it was very upsetting to watch Anna's reaction to the fact that Jana had had to alter all of the bridesmaids dresses for Jill's wedding.. Anna seemed so shocked, and Jana just seemed embarrassed about the whole situation. It's just quite sad how hard they work Jana for no recognition.)

So Jessa and Ben are bot getting married at cross church. It is refreshing to see something different. Is she not planning as big of a wedding as jill

So Jessa and Ben are bot getting married at cross church. It is refreshing to see something different. Is she not planning as big of a wedding as jill

Where are they getting married?

With lack of J'chelle at Jessa's bridal functions I wonder if Bin and Jessa were caught kissing or doing the nasty and are now being shunned by the Mullet. Somethings screwy. For your own mother not to be at any of B-showers is very odd. If Binessa was caught in a compromising situation I blame it on JBoob and Mullet for letting him move into their shed.

If being a member of a Southern Baptist Church isn't holy enough for you, to the point that you declare yourself an Independent Baptist and home church... why in the heck are you using a Southern Baptist Church for your wedding?

Why not get married in your own "church?"

With lack of J'chelle at Jessa's bridal functions I wonder if Bin and Jessa were caught kissing or doing the nasty and are now being shunned by the Mullet. Somethings screwy. For your own mother not to be at any of B-showers is very odd. If Binessa was caught in a compromising situation I blame it on JBoob and Mullet for letting him move into their shed.

Yeah, and they tempted them to, by the humping at the golf course while taunting them about not being able to.

I get the feeling that she is neither of her parents favourite kid though. She talks back to Jimbob on camera, I bet they argue when the cameras aren't around. We all know he is competitive with his sons and son in laws and likes to feel like a man by being better than him, I bet it bugs him to be shown up by his own daughter. And once they lose the newness of being fresh out the womb, Michelle judges her kids on their usefulness to her. Jessa is the least useful Jslave. She isn't good with kids, cant cook and seems to try her hardest not to do a thing. She fails at everything fundies want their kids to be.

If being a member of a Southern Baptist Church isn't holy enough for you, to the point that you declare yourself an Independent Baptist and home church... why in the heck are you using a Southern Baptist Church for your wedding?

Why not get married in your own "church?"

Do they actually attend a brick and mortar church?

On Harry missing classes: I think in either the first or third book, Uncle Vernon tells a guest/family friend that Harry is a juvenile delinquent, which would explain his absence from school.

Though actually, wouldn't the Muggle social services system get suspicious about a quite sizable population of 11 to 17-year-old children who don't seem to be enrolled in any sort of education, and basically disappear during the school year? Is there some kind of Ministry of Magic liaison who deals with that? Is there at least one witch or wizard on staff at the Ministry of Education/child protective services who can vouch for these kids without blowing their cover as witches/wizards?

I bet the MoM has some kind of official thing they give the parents of muggleborns to help them explain where they went, in a muggle sort of way.

That's interesting; I didn't realise home education was so unregulated here. You're right, most magical children would never be in the system, because they didn't go to primary school.

To the bolded: Only the ones in England/Wales, as that's the school system Hogwarts follows (even though it's located in Scotland). Scottish students have one more year of primary school and at the same time are often younger in equivalent grades because, while the Hogwarts (and I think most English schools') cut-off is the beginning of September, the Scottish one is the end of February. So Scottish students born between March and September would get their Hogwarts letters between P6 and P7. For instance, a Scottish child born in August 1980 would start primary school in August/September 1985. This student would receive a letter from Hogwarts in the summer of 1991, but would not be due to start secondary school until 1992. I *think* Scottish students whose birthdays fall between September and February (assuming their parents didn't hold them back a year, which isn't uncommon for January/February babies), would be okay, as their later birthdays and the extra year of primary school would cancel each other out.

Given that JKR was living in Edinburgh by the time she wrote the first book, and her eldest daughter would have been in a Scottish secondary school by the time the series was finished, there's no excuse for her not being aware of thist stuff :P

Yes, I'm a Harry Potter nerd; however did you guess? :lol:

Yeah but Harry grew up in England. Oh and also about references to his going to school, it's mentioned how he didn't have any friends because of Dudley, and how he was afraid to go to school after Aunt Petunia chopped his hair off.

Her own family doesn't even seem to care. The wedding is a week from today and Jim Bob and Michelle are cruising around the South with Josh & Co on the Hate Bus Tour.

Didn't Boob and Michelle throw Jilly Muffin her 3rd wedding shower & a pounding party a week before her wedding? The Seewalds are the ones who have threw Jessa's wedding shower. So if she just happened to have another one today, is Michelle just not going to attend any of those moments?

"Ji - I mean Jessa was just a little girl and now here we are! Where did the time go???" It went campaigning for fucking fruitcakes at the expense of mommy quality time with YOUR DAUGHTER WHO IS LEAVING.

A type of shower, typically given by the married ladies of the church to a young bride.

They bring a pound of flour, a pound of sugar, pound of whatever kitchen staple.

Recipes are shared.

ooohhhh!!!!!Thanks, what a relief. I was imagining some kind of "get ready for all the sex!!!!!!" shower. YIKES

Hold up - he's living in the shed? wtfh? And yeah I mean who knows what Ben and Jessa have done, or not - it's their business, but in terms of JB and Michelle it would explain a lot. Like ok, you're getting married but don't expect to be rewarded for it. Very Dr. Laura.

The church looks quite large so I'm not sure if it will be a smaller wedding. Maybe something is going on at Cross Point? They don't have a calendar but the other church does. Set up by noon on Thursday, rehearsal at 5 with dinner at 7 on Friday, and no times listed as to when the wedding happens on Saturday. I find it interesting that they met with someone at the church of 8/21. There was a note on the calendar that said more details to be added after meeting #1 on 8/21.

Archived