IGNORED

ATI story on Reddit

rural juror

There was a Reddit thread a few days back about cults, and the top response was from someone who was raised ATI/IBLP:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... s_of_cult/

Very creepy. We all know about Journey to the Heart and Alert, but I don't think this Training Center in Oklahoma has come up.... I wonder which fundies have sent their kids there.

Good God, what he describes is torture, plain and simple. I wonder how it's never managed to get investigated?

IIRC, there are some stories from ppl who had been seen sent to the training centres on RG.

Nice thread. And I learned the Producer of Kidnapped for Christ just did an AMA yesterday

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2asr0q/i_am_kate_s_logan_the_director_of_the_documentary/

Some of these Reddit threads go on forever. I read for a half hour or so on that one, but mostly I stay away from Reddit because it is so easy to fall down the rabbit hole there. Anyways, wow. I am not surprised (wasn't there a thread here about those reprogramming camps awhile ago?), but still, wow. And all of this is legal. Unbelievable. When will people start to advocate for kids instead of patting crockpot "religions" on the head and letting them go on their merry way? :angry-banghead:

Did I just read the real-life fundie version of "120 Days of Sodom"?

Doubtfully there will be ever justice for that poor girl and all the other undiscovered victims, as lang as such cults get away with this or are even supported by political organizations and romanticised on TV!

Also,

and I believe an alternate version for Russian orphans was done elsewhere (either Indiana or Illinois).

that adds actually a whole new level of sick &twisted to the already existing sick & twisted.

This are cases ( along with the trafficking of children from e.g. particular Liberia by fundamental "christians" ) that are in dire need of a more broader, international alertness and there must be more pressure on a inter-continental level to investigate such crimes.

A good thing, many countries tighten up their international adoption policies lately.

Good God, what he describes is torture, plain and simple. I wonder how it's never managed to get investigated?

It's never been investigated because it's a "religious retreat." And we all know religion is used by ATI as a smokescreen to hide abuse.

It is sadism, pure and simple. I take it these kind of places do not need a license to operate? As a parent, I would never put my child in a situation where there is no oversight. But then, I have not handed my free will over to an organization such as ATI.

Wow- I can only hope all the information on the internet will help a few families steer clear or get out of ATI....

The Training Centers were the worst. Most of them were closed down because people did begin investigating.

Those are not to be confused religious retreats.

First of all, this story is sickening. My heart goes out to this girl who had to go through all these trials.

I checked some of the comments. Yeah! Someone mentioned the Duggars are ATI followers. :dance: I also found this story, a poster saying her husband was an ex-ATI and both he and his brother left the cult.

When his older brother moved out of the house at age 17, half the church showed up to the house, surrounded his car, wouldn't let him leave, and prayed loudly for his death rather than that he would dishonor his parents by moving out.

Can you imagine if one of the Duggars tried to leave? 0.0

Because they are known publicly, I doubt you'd see a car fight in the parking lot of the compound. It would raise too many questions from the media, but you can imagine how intense it would be. Wishing death on someone because they are dishonoring their parents? :cray-cray:

The blog Recovering Grace has lots of Training Center horror studies. The Indianapolis one was the subject of award winning local news special years ago.

This is sickening! Gothard and those who participated in the torture of these children need to be locked up and never be released to general population.

This is sickening! Gothard and those who participated in the torture of these children need to be locked up and never be released to general population.

In a perfect world, jail time would be the ideal solution, but look what it's done for Warren Jeffs. Jail has enabled him to hold even more power over his subjects. I don't think Gothard will ever be made to answer for his crimes, and when he dies, there will be a laurel-adorned obituary worthy of a Pulitzer prize in every paper.

Archived