IGNORED

Dear Lori: It doesn't mean what you think it means

One of my best friend's husband told me I was a kamikaze for Christ. He knows I write many things that are completely politically incorrect in this day and age. He knows I get blasted for it. {Do you know how many times I have been called "judgmental" for teaching God's ways?} The "world" hates anyone to tell them that their deeds are evil and to testify to the Truth {John 7:7}. Just saying the name of Jesus offends many.

What's a kamikaze you might ask?

NOUN

1(In World War II) a Japanese aircraft loaded with explosives and making a deliberate suicidal crash on an enemy target.

The pilot of an aircraft making a deliberate suicidal crash

ADJECTIVE

Of or relating to a kamikaze attack or pilot.

Reckless or potentially self-destructive

Source: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... h/kamikaze

Pssttt...having people disagree with a blog you write from the safety of your home does not a kamikaze make....If kamikaze is what you're going for :?:?

I can care less if I am politically incorrect. I know God's ways and have lived them.

I know my talent is teaching so I want to teach God's ways until my last breath, whenever that may be. The only thing that matters is the Lord saying to me, "Well done, good and faithful slave.

:evil-eye::wtf:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-kamikaze-for-christ.html

I was a good teacher for 16 years in real classrooms. Good teachers don't say hateful judgmental things to their students to intentionally piss them off. People don't learn when they are offended and feel like they have been attacked.

Sorry, Lori. You're actually just a judgmental bitch and if there really is the kind of moment of judgment from God that you think there is going to be, you are probably going to hear about how Jesus told us not to judge others.

What's a kamikaze you might ask?

Source: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... h/kamikaze

Pssttt...having people disagree with a blog you write from the safety of your home does not a kamikaze make....If kamikaze is what you're going for :? :?

:evil-eye: :wtf:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-kamikaze-for-christ.html

I don't think Kamikaze was meant to be a good thing.

Also, I read the last quote as good and faithful servant and then realized I read it wrong because Lori put slave. Well, that's a first. Here I thought it was servant and not slave all these years. Good thing Lori is here with her public blog to pontificate to us the true words instead. :roll:

Is Lori really saying that she wants to be a suicide bomber?

I think the word she's looking for is martyr (in its original sense of the word, meaning someone who is willing to stand for their beliefs even if they get killed by others). Kamikaze or suicide bomber means deliberately inflicting serious harm on others, even if you kill yourself in the process.

We know that Lori LOVES to play the martyr. Bragged that she slept with Ken even when it was the last thing she wanted to do, talks about submitting even when your husband isn't godly, etc. She gets a kick out of putting herself on a pedestal, and Ken's so relieved that she's not overtly bossing him around that he can't see that she's been making him look like an asshole for years (although to be perfectly fair, he does a good job of sounding like an ass every time he comments).

The truth, though, is that what Lori REALLY wants is to boss people around and be right. She used to do try to do that with her own kids and Ken. Now, the kids are grown and out of the house, and she promised to stop doing it to Ken, so she needed a new outlet. Presto - she quotes Titus 2 and feels that she can boss around all the young women.

It's not about public service. She doesn't really care about teaching women in a way that they would actually find useful. If she did, she wouldn't diss Sheila Gregoire, and she would be more open to comments that actually give good, practical advice. No, it's pretty much about her need to be bossy and judgmental, and feel that any criticism over the internet = sacrificing her life for Jesus so that she can feel superior to everyone else.

Maybe kamikaze/suicide bomber wasn't the wrong metaphor after all.....

Kamikaze would mean sacrifice, right? The ULTIMATE sacrifice for something in which you hold a strong belief?

So really, what has Lori sacrificed? Millions of people sit at a computer every day and make their opinions known, some better than others. Millions of people have people disagree with them; although, most allow those disagreements to actually be posted. But what sort of actual discomfort has she suffered? What physical action has Lori done to further the cause of Christ, which she claims to find so important?

Has she been to an inner city homeless shelter and served food? No, because she believes hunger in America is a myth.

Has she gone to a local hospital and tried to visit others who suffer from a brain tumor? Maybe find a support group with whom she can share her experience? Offer advice and comforting words? No, because Lori's brand of suffering is much deeper than that of anybody else.

Has she taken a meal to a sick neighbor, a new mother, an unemployed friend? Oh, wait...she did send her nanny over to clean a neighbor's home once; and then insulted said neighbor for living in filth.

Has she ever done one thing of actual service for somebody less fortunate?

I do realize that some people do good things and don't tell people about it. I realize that if she told us about it, some would criticize her for bragging about her good works, but some things can be mentioned casually, in passing, as one writes - "as I dropped a meal off to a new mother...." And it certainly is not like Lori to refrain from tooting her own horn.

Lori and Ken do nothing, NOTHING, to further the cause of Christianity. They have allowed themselves to stall on one Bible verse and they use it as a hammer, crushing the spirit of those who turn to them for advice or dare to disagree. Why that verse? Why submission? The Bible is full of verses encouraging us to help others, serve others, LOVE others and they choose one verse that benefits Ken and pound away with it.

Strap yourself in, Kamikaze Lori. Buckle up and fly that plane. Straight into Cabinet Man's house.

Strap yourself in, Kamikaze Lori. Buckle up and fly that plane. Straight into Cabinet Man's house.

I'm pretty sure that's a threat! You better be careful or CabinetAsshole will contact the lawyer he keeps on retainer to track your IP address from his blog and get you arrested! :roll:

Yeah, I realized that after I typed it - that Cabinet Man would get his panties in a wad. I guess I should be scared because he IS the strongest man in the world AND he has a lawyer on retainer.

It's called hyperbole, Cabinet Man (and Lori) - I'll give you a minute to look it up.

:laughing-rolling: :lol: That's all I've got. That was probably the funniest Lori post I've ever read.

My little spiritual Kamikaze is sold out for God and His Word, willing to risk death over capture or defeat by her enemies

Omg Ken, you crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: She is writing a blog...a blog. From her house. On her computer. A blog. :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

Omg Ken, you crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: She is writing a blog...a blog. From her house. On her computer. A blog. :cray-cray: :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

And a large percentage of her views on said blog come from us masochistic bastards who like to read and then snark.

And a large percentage of her views on said blog come from us masochistic bastards who like to read and then snark.

I like to imagine that ALL her readers are snarkers. The earnest commenters that cheer her on are really just snarkers biding time and building up fundie "cred" before unleashing the dragon.

He seriously thinks a jingerite is plotting to kidnap his wife? God, he wishes.

Lori, Kamikazes commit suicide to hurt the enemy. They are not hurt or killed by the enemy. They do that to themselves. Martyrs suffer pain at the hands of the enemy- suffering for their beliefs. Ideally they don't or can't retaliate.

Now which one do you think you' meant to associate yourself with?

Personally, I think you're just a giant PITA.

I think "Spiritual Kamikaze" should be a new level

Lori, Kamikazes commit suicide to hurt the enemy. They are not hurt or killed by the enemy. They do that to themselves. Martyrs suffer pain at the hands of the enemy- suffering for their beliefs. Ideally they don't or can't retaliate.

Now which one do you think you' meant to associate yourself with?

Personally, I think you're just a giant PITA.

I think "Spiritual Kamikaze" should be a new level

I think the term is fairly accurate. She's utterly destroyed her reputation (and is working on destroying her husband's, too) on her own, without any outside help. That said, she's definitely not hurting her enemies but rather her allies with her idiotic advice. I don't think there's a term for that.

First, Ken and Lori are easily going to win their very own special Snarkie next year for Most Phrases Made Into Custom Titles (or whatever we can do to make that sound a bit more spiffy). I think I saw 4 that I readily recognized as coming from them when I was trying to figure out where to add Spiritual Kamikaze and I'm sure there are ones people have suggested that I have missed.

Second, I don't think we have to worry about Lori's readership anytime soon based on these stats:

post-132-14451999231422_thumb.jpg

For people that don't live and breathe internet stats (are there such people? ;) ), bounce rate is the percentage of people that only view one page and then leave your site.

So 73.10% of the people that visit Ken and Lori's blog view one page and skedaddle right on out of there. The other 26.90% (is that right? I'm not good at math), view 1.4 pages on average. Those brave folks that manage to last through 1 whole page don't make it through 2 full pages. Finally, the average time each visitor spends on her site is a whopping 2.15 minutes.

To be fair, our numbers are not great right now either because it's summer and that always leads to less people browsing online.

As of today we have a 19.60% bounce rate. The other 81.40% (is that one right?) of our visitors view an average of 6.80 pages and spend an average of 12.10 minutes on the site.

Re the stats - to be fair, regular readers probably visit daily, so they only read the post for that day. If Lori is writing her own post, it's usually pretty short with simple words and sentences and you could easily read it in 2 min.

When my website stats got really bad (after being burned by SEO company from hell that had pure jibberish as my landing page), my time on the site average plunged to mere seconds. Moral of the story - avoid any company that even thinks about padding your site with filler pages that they write themselves.

Also, I read the last quote as good and faithful servant and then realized I read it wrong because Lori put slave. Well, that's a first. Here I thought it was servant and not slave all these years. Good thing Lori is here with her public blog to pontificate to us the true words instead. :roll:

Well, servant is the term I find on Bible Gateway for the versions I looked at (Ok, I found it in about 3 versions, when I did a deeper search). I suspect the word slave crept in from Lori's BDSM leanings.

I think the term is fairly accurate. She's utterly destroyed her reputation (and is working on destroying her husband's, too) on her own, without any outside help. That said, she's definitely not hurting her enemies but rather her allies with her idiotic advice. I don't think there's a term for that.

I think unguided missile is more appropriate.

Re the stats - to be fair, regular readers probably visit daily, so they only read the post for that day. If Lori is writing her own post, it's usually pretty short with simple words and sentences and you could easily read it in 2 min.

When my website stats got really bad (after being burned by SEO company from hell that had pure jibberish as my landing page), my time on the site average plunged to mere seconds. Moral of the story - avoid any company that even thinks about padding your site with filler pages that they write themselves.

I agree there are reasons for her stats to look that way, but I've been watching them for a while for my own amusement and over the long term, they basically show, IMO, that she doesn't get a lot of new traffic that sticks around and actually reads through her blog.

Which I think is a good thing, obviously.

So from the comments on today's post Loris tired of being called judgemental, apparently the bible says she should go around calling everyone out on anything and everything so that makes it ok and that means she's not being judgemental so we just need to quit saying that.

Yeah, I realized that after I typed it - that Cabinet Man would get his panties in a wad. I guess I should be scared because he IS the strongest man in the world AND he has a lawyer on retainer.

It's called hyperbole, Cabinet Man (and Lori) - I'll give you a minute to look it up.

Mr. Drawers will contact the Cyber Police, back trace you, and consequences will never be the same!

Ken, no one wants to capture Lori. She is annoying as all hell from a far, so no one wants to be anywhere near your wife. We like to point and laugh, but capture? Nope. No way, no how.

Oh lawd, with every post this whole bunch keep getting nuttier and nuttier. They apparently did not get the memo about 99.9% of people, that percentage is for Ken, thinks they are absolutely ridiculous.

So from the comments on today's post Loris tired of being called judgemental, apparently the bible says she should go around calling everyone out on anything and everything so that makes it ok and that means she's not being judgemental so we just need to quit saying that.

I think there are ways you can criticize someone (or call them out) without being judgmental. Lori's method is particularly galling because she is a "do as I say, not as I do" type. If she was saying "this is what I did and it was such a miserable failure that I'm embarrassed to even tell you about it and you should NOT do things this way. However, have no fear I have learned that some other way is better." No one would be calling her judgmental.

Instead she says things like I poked a hole in my diaphragm so I could get my way and not go to work and that was manipulative, so you should not do it. But it worked (hee hee).

Women who work are bad (even though I did it). Woman that have nannies are bad (even though I did it). Women who don't submit are bad (even though I did it for 20+ years)

Lori has apparently never heard the phrase you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I think there are ways you can criticize someone (or call them out) without being judgmental. Lori's method is particularly galling because she is a "do as I say, not as I do" type. If she was saying "this is what I did and it was such a miserable failure that I'm embarrassed to even tell you about it and you should NOT do things this way. However, have no fear I have learned that some other way is better." No one would be calling her judgmental.

Instead she says things like I poked a hole in my diaphragm so I could get my way and not go to work and that was manipulative, so you should not do it. But it worked (hee hee).

Women who work are bad (even though I did it). Woman that have nannies are bad (even though I did it). Women who don't submit are bad (even though I did it for 20+ years)

Lori has apparently never heard the phrase you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Apparently Lori prefers to get her flies via shit

Archived