IGNORED

Josiah and the Arm Twist

roddma

After reading this thread last night and remembering that we deliberately watched the original version of this scene and how disturbing it was, I asked my MrBlue to see if he could find the original. And he did. He did suggest maybe it's blocked in other countries (we're in Canada), but it was working fine last night.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the link is not working now. someone must be watching us to take it down so quickly. my bet is there is a 19kac handler or 10 on here at all times.

[align=right][/align]

the link is not working now. someone must be watching us to take it down so quickly. my bet is there is a 19kac handler or 10 on here at all times.

It says right there that it doesn't work in particular countries. That isn't at all uncommon on YouTube. It has to do with TLC ( or whatever company) not wanting people to watch their material for free. That's all. I kind of doubt it's some big conspiracy ( if it is I have to wonder who is monitoring my playlist, and why , because if I check it every few months there will be songs that suddenly I can't see anymore. I know a lot of it is completely offensive and non p.c. And certainly age inappropriate for a lady of a certain age........) but um...yeah. I'll try to keep the paranoia at bay.

I'm starting to wonder why I'm paying for Netflix if I can't watch any TLC shows. Those are my favorite. And by "those" I don't mean 19KAC, although I do love watching it just to shake my head. (I know, they'll never go away if we all keep watching LOL). But I LOOOOVE The Little Couple & wanted to watch it from the beginning :(

I'm pretty certain I watched it on Netflix, but it was heavily edited. The minute J'Chelle said she was having a baby, they switched to these awkward still photographs, but you could still hear the kids talking/yelling in the background. Then Boob was back in the shot holding Josiah.

Crappy editing like that wouldn't happen unless they really had to cover something up.

The one on YouTube was like that too.

Wouldn't suprise me. You can lurk and read all the posts (excluding hidden content) at all times.

Hmm, maybe when someone finds a good link like that, it should go in a hidden post for members to see, just in case TLC people are watching this site? :think:

Netflix drives me crazy. My friend lets me share her account, and every time I want to watch something, a series or movie, 9 out of 10 times I can't find it anymore because they've removed it.

It still works for me, so it's clearly a location issues and not someone going around pulling stuff. MrBlue will try to get it to someplace viewable in awhile.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Edited to add: Part 3 video with the announcement is at http://vimeo.com/109764398

The password is archdeacon

It still works for me, so it's clearly a location issues and not someone going around pulling stuff. MrBlue will try to get it to someplace viewable in awhile.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Edited to add: Part 3 video with the announcement is at http://vimeo.com/109764398

The password is archdeacon

He definitely bolts right after the announcement and does look upset while rubbing his elbow the next time he is filmed.

After the girls called out "Josiah, don't c----", Jana says, "Breatheeeeeeee". Watched the 30 seconds perhaps 20 times and still can't get the rest of what the others are saying.

The episode I found had the "photos" but with a lot of movement between each one.

It was Jana who called out for Josiah. There was a definite word that began with a hard c, but then another person called out and whatever Jana said was lost. I didn't notice the word breathe, though. I'll have to watch it again. It looked to me as if Josiah was scratching his elbow or arm. I didn't think it looked as if his arm had been twisted. He did leave right away after the announcement. Could he have been planning to call someone? Jana might have said, "Josiah, don't call" when he was off camera. He might have been calling a relative...maybe Jana knew that TLC demanded silence on the news of #20.

The younger boys and older girls seemed especially excited at the news of a new baby. I wonder how Josie felt-or would have felt, had she been old enough to understand.

It was Jana who called out for Josiah. There was a definite word that began with a hard c, but then another person called out and whatever Jana said was lost. I didn't notice the word breathe, though. I'll have to watch it again. It looked to me as if Josiah was scratching his elbow or arm. I didn't think it looked as if his arm had been twisted. He did leave right away after the announcement. Could he have been planning to call someone? Jana might have said, "Josiah, don't call" when he was off camera. He might have been calling a relative...maybe Jana knew that TLC demanded silence on the news of #20.

The younger boys and older girls seemed especially excited at the news of a new baby. I wonder how Josie felt-or would have felt, had she been old enough to understand.

If Jubilee had been carried to term, would Josie become a lost girl?

If Jubilee had been carried to term, would Josie become a lost girl?

Of course. Michelle only cares about the newest baby.

Although I think she actually bonded with Josie, I remember her commenting about how she can recognise her different cries and tell what she wants and stuff....I remember thinking "You have 18 other kids, surely you know this by now!". I bet it was the first time she actually got to bond with a baby since Josh was born, with all that time she spent there in the hospital with her, when usually it is non stop kids and chaos and plenty of other people to do all the work, instead of just her and the baby for ages at a time. Josie got way more time one on one with her parents, because of how sick she was when she was born, so they got to know her a little better. I think she will always be one of Michelle's favourites cause of that, even if they did have another few. And for the fact that even if they did have Jubilee and a couple of other Jkids after her, if they were born healthy and full term, Michelle would still need Josie as the pro life poster child. She is useful to Michelle for that reason. Its kinda sad that it feels like Michelle sees her kids as something she can use, instead of something she should appreciate as 19 unique people.

I haven't really seen the footage more than once but could she have said "Don't call…Josh" Do you remember when they announced a pregnancy at the homemade slip and slide? Josiah and Jana were racing inside to call Josh. OK back to hiding I go. :shifty: (maybe someone has already said this?)

I haven't really seen the footage more than once but could she have said "Don't call…Josh" Do you remember when they announced a pregnancy at the homemade slip and slide? Josiah and Jana were racing inside to call Josh. OK back to hiding I go. :shifty: (maybe someone has already said this?)

Josh was there I believe?

• 7 months later...

Josh was there I believe?

I just watched it, Josh and Anna were there. Josiah looked like he ran out of the scene immediately

Josiah does run out of the scene, but I noticed that at 8:27 or so of the unedited video JB says what sounds like, "Don't call 'em, big guy" or "Don't call anybody". I also think that Jana says, "Don't call yet" at about 8:19 or so. I think Josiah was running to make a phone call to tell someone about Michelle's pregnancy.

Josiah does run out of the scene, but I noticed that at 8:27 or so of the unedited video JB says what sounds like, "Don't call 'em, big guy" or "Don't call anybody". I also think that Jana says, "Don't call yet" at about 8:19 or so. I think Josiah was running to make a phone call to tell someone about Michelle's pregnancy.

That sounds like what I heard. I watched it a few times and he was out of that scene FAST.

I know they shipped josiah off to Alert, but what do the duggars have against joining the actual military? Fear of secular encounters?

I know they shipped josiah off to Alert, but what do the duggars have against joining the actual military? Fear of secular encounters?

It goes deeper than that. If you live under the Gothard/ATI "umbrella of protection" you are not allowed to get any kind of job or go to school or do anything else where you'll have to answer to an authority figure who is not their kind of Christian.

I think the official reasoning is that your superior may be a non-Christian, LGBT, or a woman, and as we all know, no Christian man can lower himself to be under the command of any of these categories of non-persons. :roll: I also think that Gothard disapproves of the military because it's a melting pot, and the fear that a follower would conclude that outsiders aren't so bad after all.

These folks better get used to having jobs where they answer to others, no matter the age, race, ethnicity, religion or orientation.

Could he have been about to call Marjorie at the time? Like, first bonding and stuff and he wanted to share the news with her?

Maybe he was going to call Famy or the Aunt. They might have known that a big announcement was going to be on the show and Famy told them to call as soon as they heard what it is?

Josiah would never have left a live set to call someone. Besides, there were several phones all around him.

Archived