IGNORED

Lori Goes Skirts-Only . . . Briefly - Merge

Well, at least it's a break from the "always listen to your husband even wrong he's an asshole", "beat your kids", and "it's all your fault that your house isn't clean and your family's fat" posts.

Slightly OT - but what exactly are fundies talking about with this whole "conviction" thing? Genuinely curious, since it doesn't really exist in Orthodox Judaism.

From the context, it seems to be some sort of belief that some people feel that God is giving them a personal message to do something. Is that correct? If so, how does someone know that it's a message from God, and not their own feelings or hangups, or result of going off their meds?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, at least it's a break from the "always listen to your husband even wrong he's an asshole", "beat your kids", and "it's all your fault that your house isn't clean and your family's fat" posts.

Now, that's what I call a positive attitude!

Isn't it telling that reading something from Lori that is not really obnoxious and insulting is the equivalent of the glass being more than half full?

I started eating skirts one day...

There has got to be better ways to get your daily fiber intake other than eating skirts.

EATING skirts???? How very tasty!

Well, I'm convinced. If The Lord of the Bathroom STALKS wants me to wear skirts, then I'm wearing skirts.

I think you can find a supporting verse in 2nd Urinthians 57:2

EATING skirts???? How very tasty!

It took me a few tries to get through this paragraph. "Bathroom Stalks" (is that like a urinal?)

If the front doesn't cause them to stumble, it's unlikely the back will either. Is that mean? I guess it doesn't matter because I'm "not a real lady," despite my vagina.

Well, I'm convinced. If The Lord of the Bathroom STALKS wants me to wear skirts, then I'm wearing skirts.

I think you can find a supporting verse in 2nd Urinthians 57:2

Urinthians is my favorite book in the Peeble :lol:

Interesting how Ken didn't want Lori wear long skirts.

That part really jumped out at me too. We all know how Ken really feels about "modesty." I wonder how much of the knee Lori can show? I think Ken approves of about 1/4 inch of side breast but he's never guided us on kneevage. I might try the Christian Risque' look if I knew more about it.

Ken, could you let us know please? We harlots are curious.

Edited 'cause I'm clumsy with an iPad and I don't know if riiksque is really a word. :?

This could have been summed up in one sentence: 'Saturday, I decided to wear a skirt.'

This could be a new FJ meme: "Saturday, I decided to wear a skirt and..."

"eat a PB & J sandwich"

"rent a movie from Red Box"

"smoke a big doobie"

But I digress.

Seriously, Lori needs to stop idolizing the stupid Duggars. If the Duggars jumped off a cliff, would she? Or is that my wishful thinking (snerk)?

And I'm rolling my eyes over the comments about being convicted to wear skirts or having it laid upon one's heart to wear skirts. Hey, leg humpers. Maybe it's time to be convicted or to had lain on your hearts to volunteer in you communities-clean up a park, tutor a young child, work at a homeless shelter, donate to a good cause. Ugh.

Interesting how Ken didn't want Lori wear long skirts.

Yes, I'm sure he was not at all interested in going out to dinner in Carslbad or San Diego or where ever they are to a decent restaurant with Lorri done up as a mennonite or frumper. O

Though I'd pay money to attend a dinner where he's with colleagues and she meets him at the dinner done up in a frumper and a scarf.

I don't think his southern california self image includes a wife who dresses like a Maxwell or wears Candy's little head pieces.

I believe the "bathroom stalks" are the ones out in the park where the parody blog children wear no panties so they can pee freely.

Oh, and skirts should not be eaten -- they should only be used in the making of cheese.

Those are my convictions.

If the Duggars jumped off a cliff, would she? Or is that my wishful thinking (snerk)?

Please stop teasing me.... :lol:

You know what is annoying for me? When I "wrote" skirts while using bathroom "stalks." It can be a bit difficult.

I used to be a fake lady when I wore pants, but as soon as I starting eating skirts, I became a real lady. Trust me. I did studies about this. It is all true.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=27343929

not too long: check!

free: check!

made out of old shirts :lol:

A skirt made of skirts is extra holy. You get even more respect from men and courtesy from McD's staff that way.

Here are my thoughts about this post:

1. She wants to wear skirts because she feels bad about her skin? This is what she tells Ken? Did it make as little sense to him as it does to me?

2. Why don't these women go out and help someone? You never hear them mention helping a soul. Instead, they twist themselves in a knot over whether skirts or pants are best.

3. Sunscreen = too scary

Increased risk of melanoma = OK

Visiting doctor to biopsy suspicious lesions = unnecessary, use black salve

4. How sad is it, that at 50 something, she has to ask her husband if it is OK to wear skirts?

5. I think the driving force behind this whole thing is she thinks skirts will lead men to treat her with more respect. I don't think she gets a whole lot of respect. And maybe there's a reason, if she runs around like a chicken with her head cut off when there is a fire in the area.

Perhaps she found, during her day of skirt-wearing, that no one was treating her like Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice, so she gave it up.

Am I the only one who gets more catcalls and sleezed up to when I wear dresses and skirts? :?

Definitely not just you. I pretty much only get catcalled in skirts and dresses. Plus there are many sleezes who "compliment" women for dressing in a demure and proper ladylike way, which I find creepier and more uncomfortable - not just because I know about The Patriarchy and things, but also because it exploits the tendency to react to "compliments" with kindness - rather than with "fuck off, I'll wear hot pants and crop tops if I want to" which is what I always want to say five minutes later.

thoughtful, :worship: :worship: :worship:

Wait. What the HAYULL does wearing skirts/shorts have to do with her "bad skin"? Wouldn't the Death Skin from Hell look equally "bad" from the knees down in skirts OR shorts?

I must be Doin It Rong: I often wear dresses to work (because I'm lazy--a dress, tights, and shoes and I'm done), but the men I encounter treat me exactly the same way they do when I wear pants.

Definitely not just you. I pretty much only get catcalled in skirts and dresses. Plus there are many sleezes who "compliment" women for dressing in a demure and proper ladylike way, which I find creepier and more uncomfortable - not just because I know about The Patriarchy and things, but also because it exploits the tendency to react to "compliments" with kindness - rather than with "fuck off, I'll wear hot pants and crop tops if I want to" which is what I always want to say five minutes later.

I was once approached by n elderly man as I was eating in a Panera. He came up to my table and gave me a dollar and said 'this is so you can buy something nice...it's always nice to see a lady dress like a lady.' It creeped me out then, and it creeps me out again just thinking about it. Total WTF moment.

I was once approached by n elderly man as I was eating in a Panera. He came up to my table and gave me a dollar and said 'this is so you can buy something nice...it's always nice to see a lady dress like a lady.' It creeped me out then, and it creeps me out again just thinking about it. Total WTF moment.

WTF indeed. That would have made me very uncomfortable as well.

Also, what the hell did he think you could buy for a dollar that was nice? Maybe a .99 Pumpkin Muffie at the Panera Bakery?

I do wear a lot of dresses and skirts. I do because I like them, and they make me feel comfortable. I do it for myself -- not for God, spouse, or anybody else. For me.

Wait, what's ungodly about sunscreen? I think I missed something :?

And how is wearing a hat supposed to help the skin on your "front side" and legs be protected from the sun? I would assume that's what she's talking about in a post about skirts...

I really think she wanted to write a blog post about the ONE TIME that Ken wasn't a complete asshole, but of course she had to drape that in Titus 2 Womanhood :lol:

She thinks sunscreen is full of cancer causing chemicals.

I wear dresses quite often for work. Although I'm fairly averaged size the pants makers of mid-range clothing stores seem to believe I have impossibly large thighs. Finding pants that fit both in the waist and thigh are a challenge to say the least ( unless there is stretch - FSM bless).

But at least I'm not disingenuous and try to pass off my dress wearing as some kind of call to be more feminine.

Speaking of skirts...I've noticed "utili-kilts" have been picking up in popularity the last several years. I wonder what Lori would think of Ken donning one of those???

At the moment it seems like my entire wardrobe is made up of long skirts. Yesterday, I was wearing one with a short sleeved shirt that was rather low cut and apparently, according to my husband, see through. So, since I was going to work, I threw a cami on underneath it. I do draw the line at flashing my coworkers, but I did feel very fundyish all day. :)

Don't worry - she managed to get in some terrible advice in down in the comments. This is what she said in response to the sexual abuse survivor who commented that Lori's post triggered her:

Horrible, just horrible. I can't imagine this being done to me by the very person who is called to protect me. Joyce Meyer was raped by her dad over 200 times but found complete healing through the blood of Jesus. She forgave him, cared for him in his old age, and even led him to the Lord. You can read her testimony in this book ~

http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Ashes-Receiving-Emot...

I pray you, too, will find complete healing in the blood of Jesus. He loves you and promises to bring beauty out of ashes.

Archived