IGNORED

Just kidding - You have to have a clean house

Lori is a monster changed her mind - it's not okay to have a messy home.

A very interesting discussion took place on my post Extremely Messy Homemakers. I gave a way out for those who don't keep clean homes by saying it is more important to raise godly children. Some women changed my mind, however.

Also, God is clean and tidy and if you aren't then you're not godly.

:music-tool:

Lori is a monster changed her mind - it's not okay to have a messy home.

Also, God is clean and tidy and if you aren't then you're not godly.

:music-tool:

Well, I'm going to hell.

My kids are currently re-arranging/deep cleaning their rooms, so they've got stuff strewn EVERYWHERE. They should have it done today, but in the meantime ... my house is a disaster.

My mother offered to come down and help out while my husband recovers from surgery. I put a stop on that because, quite frankly, I had enough going on these past weeks without worrying about finding where she reorganized my silverware to or tripping over relocated furniture.

My son, however, thought it would be a great idea because “Hey, the house will be clean!†I, very helpfully, pointed him to the closet which houses the vacuum (conveniently located in his bedroom) and told him he was welcome to pick up the slack. :P

While I may be heading to hell for many reasons, I don’t think a few dust bunnies will push me over the edge.

Does anyone else Loris ministry mentoring younger women is nothing more than a noble way for her to be a busybody and have a never ending flow of juicy gossip? Cus I can't imagine someone so stuck up and above everyone else really gives a shit about anyone else or their marriage.

Lori's ministry exists only to take her mind off her own pitiful excuse for a marriage. Anyone who admits they did it all wrong for over 20 years, only changed because they were going to end up a divorced harpy, and then instead turns their bitchiness into passive aggressiveness on a blog trying to influence the vulnerable really is a monster.

I find it hilarious that I am almost the same age and have been married almost as long as Lori, yet managed to negotiate my marriage without the obvious dramas and conflicts Lori and Ken have had, and still wouldn't consider myself worthy of trying to be "always teaching".

Does anyone else Loris ministry mentoring younger women is nothing more than a noble way for her to be a busybody and have a never ending flow of juicy gossip? Cus I can't imagine someone so stuck up and above everyone else really gives a shit about anyone else or their marriage.

Gossip and being judgmental. Two things she preaches against, and the two things she excels at most. Ironic, innit? :roll:

My thoughts exactly. There's not a bit of humility in anything she writes. Plus, with posts like today's, we get to read all the comments from other "godly" women boasting about their own perfect homes.

"MY house is always clean."

"Mine too."

"My husband loves that I keep a clean house."

"I owe it to my husband...."

"I could never be like those other women who don't clean..."

I know a few women who do keep spotless homes and the things I've noticed about them are: their kids never seem to have fun and it's really not pleasant to visit their homes because they make it clear that their house is more important to them than their guests' comfort.

I doubt Lori's home is a very pleasant place to visit, no matter how clean it is.

Having a tidy home is all some of these women seem to have to show for their lives. I don't think that's what Christ envisioned when he taught how to live a meaningful, spirit-filled life.

I liked this comment from 'RetiredNavyWife: "I'd rather have a messy house filled with the sounds of children laughing and playing than a neat house where the children are afraid to do anything. I grew up in a "neat-freak" house. It was never a home. My kids grew up in a home where messes were ok, the dust bunnies occasionally came out to play and toys from one end of the family room to the other was just fine. My children remember mom playing with them more than they remember the times the house was clean. I remember my house growing up was always immaculate but I don't remember my mother ever playing with me."

But Danielle just had to strike back: "Parents aren't play buddies. That's what friends and siblings are for. We learned how to play with each other or by ourselves. We didn't need a mom to play with us."

:wtf:

My mother offered to come down and help out while my husband recovers from surgery. I put a stop on that because, quite frankly, I had enough going on these past weeks without worrying about finding where she reorganized my silverware to or tripping over relocated furniture.

My son, however, thought it would be a great idea because “Hey, the house will be clean!†I, very helpfully, pointed him to the closet which houses the vacuum (conveniently located in his bedroom) and told him he was welcome to pick up the slack. :P

While I may be heading to hell for many reasons, I don’t think a few dust bunnies will push me over the edge.

My MIL is a bit obsessively clean, to the point that she will feel an urge to clean my place even if I'm sitting down and am perfectly fine with the fact that there are dishes in the sink.

There are two reactions that I could have to this:

Option 1: Get really irritated and feel insulted, since this is MY house and she shouldn't touch my stuff.

Option 2: Invite her over whenever I want someone to clean up.

Guess who's coming to dinner tonight? :D

Lori's ministry exists only to take her mind off her own pitiful excuse for a marriage. Anyone who admits they did it all wrong for over 20 years, only changed because they were going to end up a divorced harpy, and then instead turns their bitchiness into passive aggressiveness on a blog trying to influence the vulnerable really is a monster.

I find it hilarious that I am almost the same age and have been married almost as long as Lori, yet managed to negotiate my marriage without the obvious dramas and conflicts Lori and Ken have had, and still wouldn't consider myself worthy of trying to be "always teaching".

That's true! Seems like a lot of times these ladies have web sites to give themselves a reason to do whatever sucky things they have on their lists and then brag or post photos. Really, who the f. cares. It's like the folks on FB that post their workout stats every day. Yeah, okay. :roll:

I liked this comment from 'RetiredNavyWife: "I'd rather have a messy house filled with the sounds of children laughing and playing than a neat house where the children are afraid to do anything. I grew up in a "neat-freak" house. It was never a home. My kids grew up in a home where messes were ok, the dust bunnies occasionally came out to play and toys from one end of the family room to the other was just fine. My children remember mom playing with them more than they remember the times the house was clean. I remember my house growing up was always immaculate but I don't remember my mother ever playing with me."

But Danielle just had to strike back: "Parents aren't play buddies. That's what friends and siblings are for. We learned how to play with each other or by ourselves. We didn't need a mom to play with us."

:wtf:

They just can't win for trying lol Be a SAHM with the kids but only as a bitchy overlord? Live for eternity but be anal about cleaning that won't matter tomorrow? Guilt merry-go-round!

i love that RetiredNavyWife quote. I grew up in a neat-freak home too, it's fun to let things go now that i'm the boss. (I just now actually got on FJ to take a break from cleaning up after not doing anything but cook for a WEEK! The vacuum cleaner sounds like a concrete saw on snack crumbs) :dance:

My MIL is a bit obsessively clean, to the point that she will feel an urge to clean my place even if I'm sitting down and am perfectly fine with the fact that there are dishes in the sink.

There are two reactions that I could have to this:

Option 1: Get really irritated and feel insulted, since this is MY house and she shouldn't touch my stuff.

Option 2: Invite her over whenever I want someone to clean up.

Guess who's coming to dinner tonight? :D

I've been known to load the dishwasher at my in-laws' house. They leave dirty dishes on the counter and only load the dishwasher right before they run it. With only two people who don't eat much, dirty dishes can live on counter tops for a couple of days. I can't stand looking at it.

I love a clean house. As long as I'm in town over the weekend and I don't have a pile of grading to do, I clean weekly (that's to say, cleaning is not the most important thing in life, but seeing/living in a clean house is worth the effort, to me.) I have no children and two senior, but still pretty active, dogs. So other than putting tons of dog toys away and making the bed (and throwing on pants), they house is always clean enough for me to feel comfortable around company (I say that because I have friends that never let anyone see the inside of their house.)

That said, I think a clean (spotless) house says exactly nothing about parenting skills. I've known messy-house parents that were horrible, messy-house parents that were the salt of the earth. Same goes for neat freaks and everyone in between. As long as it's not horded or otherwise unsafe, it's none of my business (and it is especially none of Lori's business!)

That said, I think a clean (spotless) house says exactly nothing about parenting skills. I've known messy-house parents that were horrible, messy-house parents that were the salt of the earth. Same goes for neat freaks and everyone in between. As long as it's not horded or otherwise unsafe, it's none of my business (and it is especially none of Lori's business!)

That's my view of life. Also from my view within Lori's perspective how clean a person's house is has nothing to do with their spiritual life either.

With Lori's Duggar obsession, I would just like to say that the Duggar household has never struck me as "clean". Tidy, perhaps, but there are always toys out and strewn about, the office/school/computer room is generally a mess and dreadfully cluttered, and while the area they are filming in is usually neat, in wide shots you can see they just cleaned that area and that there is clutter elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't terrible. It looks like 18 kids live there. Because they do. But Michelle clearly isn't stressing over Jim Bob coming home to a spotless house every night.

That's my view of life. Also from my view within Lori's perspective how clean a person's house is has nothing to do with their spiritual life either.

Most people with truly dirty homes have issues that causes the home to get that way, depression and other mental health issues, alcohol and drug abuse, illness or injury. Lori had the money to get help with the housework and child care when she had her so-called maladies, most don't have the means or are not mentally healthy enough to know there is a problem. Instead of bitching about in on the internet in the comfort of her home she should be out helping those who need it and aren't as lucky as her to be financially well off. I fucking hate bitches like her that give high income earners a bad rep. My family is lucky so I go and try to help people who need it but aren't as fortunate as us. Sometimes something as simple as offering to make someone a meal can make a big difference for that person.

Fuck you Lori, remember it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle then a rich bitchto get into heaven.

I've been known to load the dishwasher at my in-laws' house. They leave dirty dishes on the counter and only load the dishwasher right before they run it. With only two people who don't eat much, dirty dishes can live on counter tops for a couple of days. I can't stand looking at it.

I just have to ask, because you're a stranger on the Internet.....but not to be offensive, I'm curious if you think about whether it will bother your in-laws or if they'll be embarrassed or think you're rude? I ask because I was a pretty awful housekeeper when my kids were growing up ( lots of kids, busy job, misc other excuses) . And occasionally people would do things like that.

I just have to ask, because you're a stranger on the Internet.....but not to be offensive, I'm curious if you think about whether it will bother your in-laws or if they'll be embarrassed or think you're rude? I ask because I was a pretty awful housekeeper when my kids were growing up ( lots of kids, busy job, misc other excuses) . And occasionally people would do things like that.

My in-laws don't care, and trust me - they'd have NO hesitation telling me to knock it off if they were offended. None. They're otherwise tidy people and their home is clean, but my husband says that's the way they've always handled dirty dishes, even when he was growing up; they live on the countertops until there are enough to run a load in the dishwasher.

Contrast that to my grandma's kitchen. She cleared off the kitchen counters, wiped them down, and mopped the kitchen floor every night last thing before she went to bed. My mother helped her when she was a kid, and I helped out as soon as I was old enough to wield a mop. She didn't leave anything on the counters, even small appliances and the knife block were stored. I have kept up this habit, except I don't mop most nights. But I can't sleep unless the kitchen counters are empty and wiped down.

So when we go over to the in-law's and there are dirty plates and coffee cups not two feet from an empty dishwasher, I just. can't. help. myself. I can almost feel my grandma twirling in her grave. :)

I know Lori(is a monster)isn't ATI, but I can imagine her promoting this song:

I keep a very clean house. I'm anal and like things neat. But it would never occur to me to judge someone that didn't keep their house to my standards (very few people do) since I enjoy cleaning so much, once a week I clean my elderly neighbor's house for free. Maybe Lori could offer to help instead of being a judgemental bitch.

I would rather my child be able to say that she had a mom who did stuff with her, and encouraged her to play than to say that she didn't do anything because we were always cleaning. I had parents who were hoarders and we cleaned a lot, but never managed to get it under control. Now my mom is full-blown bad hoarder. She is a nice person, she just hoards. Somehow I'm glad I got her and not Lori.

I would rather my child be able to say that she had a mom who did stuff with her, and encouraged her to play than to say that she didn't do anything because we were always cleaning. I had parents who were hoarders and we cleaned a lot, but never managed to get it under control. Now my mom is full-blown bad hoarder. She is a nice person, she just hoards. Somehow I'm glad I got her and not Lori.

My late grandmother was the type to be obsessively clean. Her home was always spotless. I remember a story about how my father, when he was only a year old, managed to walk down their street and onto a major road after she put him on the stoop while mopping the floor.

Well, when Girl 1 was born, my dear grandmother told me that she loved the fact that I played with my baby, and she wished she had done that more.

Archived