IGNORED

Went to the Holy Land Experience Theme Park in Orlando

Lady Grass Lake

The Big Pink Tunnel. :pink-shock: Looks like the oddly ladylike entryway to a lot of Scary Things. Enter a little way and you'll find a vagina dentata portcullis.

I could not stop laughing about the pink tunnel it reminded me of vagina tunnel in Priscilla of the Desert, I think that was the movie. Get caught, I hate Orlando with a passion. If someone offered me a free trip there I would turn it down.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My life will not be complete until I get my own silver nativity and especially a disco lamb.

I seriously thought that was a tiny disco hippo. I was so confused.

It looked more like a hippo to me, too.

Thank you. Glad I wasn't the only one going , "why is there a disco hippo in the manger?"

Thank you. Glad I wasn't the only one going , "why is there a disco hippo in the manger?"

Ok. So we are all on team Disco Hippo. Check.

I so want to invest in a big old cardboard cutout of biker Jesus to put on my lawn for the holidays. I'm sure that would put me in the running for the homeowner's association Christmas decoration grand prize.

You also need a Jesus riding a dinosaur cutout.

I could not stop laughing about the pink tunnel it reminded me of vagina tunnel in Priscilla of the Desert, I think that was the movie. Get caught, I hate Orlando with a passion. If someone offered me a free trip there I would turn it down.

The movie was The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. I just checked the TCM schedule for this month as their Friday Night Spotlight is Australian cinema. They're focussing on particular directors and so Priscilla won't be aired.

Here you go, enjoy. Some of the photos were taken inside in poor lighting, so some are blurry but you still get the full effect. Tried to put photos that didn't show any of the regular people, just staff.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f7619nydzilo ... n_kCtn3Tja

What the hell??? Thanks for the pics btw but this is just outrageous. Is the first pic Jesus with a donkey?

Umm... I got married at Disney World. Seriously. ::runs away quietly::

It's cool, I got engaged at Disneyland. :lol: I don't judge Disney weddings -- but a Disney baptism would be a bit too much.

It's cool, I got engaged at Disneyland. :lol: I don't judge Disney weddings -- but a Disney baptism would be a bit too much.

That is called Splash Mountain :lol:

Toothfairy, that is Adam with a kangeroo. I'm glad someone mentioned the farmer tan, I took the picture and never noticed.

Looking at the Crowd Release photo:

Why is there a question mark after Shalom?

Adam's farmer tan, besides being funny in itself, makes me wonder what t-shirt Adam would wear; one with the apple logo, or "Eve was framed," or "Lilith Fair Crew?"

And perhaps we should not doubt that the farmer tan is possible:

FzzLT62.jpg

As Judy Tenuta would say, "It could happen!"

• 3 weeks later...

I would not have wanted to pay good money to go but thank you so much for sharing photos. It is even better than the big Jesus statue near Hamilton, OH that's been struck by lightning before, tacky and bedazzled even! hahaha!

I live in Michigan, and have driven by that statue a number of times. The new one is up, and it's not a good as Big Butter Jesus. Most of our family trip to Orlando was comped as part of my husband's attendance at a conference for work, so the expenses for my two sons and I were minimal, so we decided to splurge. We've done the theme parks before and were looking for something different, and boy oh boy, was this different. I tell them about stuff I've read on Free Jinger, and they think I'm nuts for being so interested in Fundies, but were willing to go along for a day of entertainment.

I guess the Jesus biker angel is supposed to be the opposite of a Hell's Angel?

They have the fancy gold horses and fancy chairs in the bathroom yet cardboard Jesus. How very strange.

I'm sad they don't have a disco ball Jesus to go with the hippo. Or, like, an entire mirrored Nativity scene.

I had forgotten that the Holy Land experience was the brainchild of jan Crouch but as soon as i saw the pictures and description I remembered - who else could be responsible for so much pink, mirrors, brass, and gaudiness as the pink haired lady, herself?

Incidentally, it is rumored that hippy Jesus is jan's personal boy toy. Though I have trouble believing it to be true as I can't believe there is enough money in the world to make even the most hardened jigalow want to willing engage in 'sweet fellowship' with Jan. :ew:

A friend used to call them Grandma and Grandpa Barbie. And she does give orphans in South Africa white Barbies and hot wheels. :sigh: all kinds of wrong.

[bBvideo 560,340:222es11r]

[/bBvideo]

And an interview with the Jesus from the Holy Land experience. At the end of the video the park director flips out about Bill Maher being there. :lol:

[bBvideo 560,340:36yry702]

[/bBvideo]

I live in Michigan, and have driven by that statue a number of times. The new one is up, and it's not a good as Big Butter Jesus. Most of our family trip to Orlando was comped as part of my husband's attendance at a conference for work, so the expenses for my two sons and I were minimal, so we decided to splurge. We've done the theme parks before and were looking for something different, and boy oh boy, was this different. I tell them about stuff I've read on Free Jinger, and they think I'm nuts for being so interested in Fundies, but were willing to go along for a day of entertainment.

Hey fellow Michigander! I'm from there originally but moved to TX seven years ago for work and am still here...blah. Would love to move back but finding a job would be hard.

Anyway, good for you guys! When I moved to TX I tried to convince my parents to go to see the Duggar's but it wasn't happening, but I'd also tried to stop at Pleasantville (Shaker Village) in KY but we couldn't do either. Thanks for going for us.

And an interview with the Jesus from the Holy Land experience. At the end of the video the park director flips out about Bill Maher being there. :lol:

This is one of the reasons I wanted to go, but current Jesus isn't so cute as older Jesus...:(

Archived