IGNORED

Hot Sauce Mom from Dr. Phil on trial

luckylibrarian

I can't seem to find a groundwater temp chart that includes Alaska. But I'm willing to be it's colder than my part of Indiana's, and I'm in the colder half of the state. What a sadistic bitch. We just had some water heater issues and my husband and I both subjected ourselves to a cold shower, though I never would have conceived of it if it hadn't been in the 90's and humid as hell outside. And I.wanted.to.die. Our kid went to Grandma's house to shower because we would never even conceive of putting a 5 year-old in an ice cold shower.

I saw this show and I felt bad for the child, and also a little bad for the mom. Instead of having people berate her, Dr. Phil could have had mothers who have adopted from orphanages come and talk about how they deal with the same issues. The moms who were yelling at her had bio-children with no major issues, I don't see how their yelling helps.

I mean, it's normal to want to attack someone who treats a child like that, but she seemed like she really wanted help and needed just that. Shaming is not educational. It does not help or make life better for the family. The mother clearly got in over her head and had no idea how to deal with the level and frequency of behavior.

I was reading the comments for this story on foxnews.com and noticed a few about beating your child with plumbing line. Someone asked where the plumbing line came from (since the story is about hot sauce), and this was the answer:

Posters here have quoted from and referenced the book "To Raise Up A Child" which advocates the biblical message of "spare the rod, spoil the child" and tells you which weapons to use - one of which is plumbers pipe. Note as well that one of his adherents is standing trial right now for beating a child to death to show his "love". And, while you can read that story many other places, you won't find it on Fox.

It seems that despite that riveting Anderson Cooper appreance by the Pearls, TTOAC is becoming synonymous with child abuse. I thought some here at FJ would be proud.

Archived