IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

Oh yes, someone is on facebook patrol. One comment I saw was a link to "rethinking vision forum", I went back 5 min later and it was gone. Thy scrubbing of the internets has commenced at what is left of VF central. Nothing has been posted to that page since Dec. apparently they decided to resurrect it.

Doug Phillips is a Tool is going to lose a lot of sleep trying to monitor the FB page 24/7/ He is such a narcissist. He would have been better off not commenting at all. Instead, he has to try to have the last word and remain relevant. And in that process, he has just made himself look desperate and in the wrong.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter who wrote that awful email to Hero, it had Beall's name on it so she's going to have to own it.

Doug Phillips is a Tool is going to lose a lot of sleep trying to monitor the FB page 24/7/ He is such a narcissist. He would have been better off not commenting at all. Instead, he has to try to have the last word and remain relevant. And in that process, he has just made himself look desperate and in the wrong.

I agree. In trying to appear to take the high road and exhibit calm control over the matter, he's made himself look even more guilty.

The Duggars and all of the other families who followed the Tool or shilled for him, need to read the complaint to know exactly what kind of person they allied themselves with. It seems like the people who were really in the know or associated with VF (that is, not random people just talking out of their rears at WND) have been very quiet about this situation. I think they know that the Tool's goose is cooked, and are trying to disassociate themselves from him to preserve their own brands.

Doug is in full on damage control mode. He also hasn't been able to accept that the train has left the station. His tantrums and threats no long hold water with her, obviously, but he keeps trying. For how many years, he probably did the same thing. Threatened, stomped his feet, pitched a fit - he was used to getting his way and being in control and able to manipulate not only the situation but those involved. Clearly, when she started talking, he knew he'd lost and he's having a major tantrum.

It's too late and he's backed into a corner. Acting like a rabid dog is the only thing he's got left. He'll take whoever he can down with him because that's how sociopaths and narcissists do it.

It will be hell, but I hope she takes it to the mat.

That's kind of unsettling. I wonder how they ended up with that particular attorney?

I would love to know. Gotta be more to the story.

The Duggars and all of the other families who followed the Tool or shilled for him, need to read the complaint to know exactly what kind of person they allied themselves with. It seems like the people who were really in the know or associated with VF (that is, not random people just talking out of their rears at WND) have been very quiet about this situation. I think they know that the Tool's goose is cooked, and are trying to disassociate themselves from him to preserve their own brands.

Word.

This goes a million times over for Voddie Baucham, Geoff Botkin, Scott Brown, Joe Morecraft, R.C. Sproul, Jr., and Kevin Swanson, all of whom are alleged men of God and all of whom were perfectly happy to accept Doug Phillips'/VF's money & PR on behalf of their so-called ministries.

Bet he misses his interns now....

In the papers it is stated something along the lines of "Doug's silence does not indicate guilt." No, his own words did that when in the addendum to his resignation he wanted to make it abundantly clear that his sin was a physical, sexual sin with someone other than his wife....

Haven't finished the thread, so maybe this has already been brought up. But can everyone please stop speculating about the real life ID of CnD. I think it violates the TOU to out someone anyway.

Vision Forum now has a letter up on their Facebook page addressing the lawsuit.

And they seem to be blocking comments, or were when I was there earlier.

I'm still trying to figure out why Bradrick! took a run for the hills -- like moving across the country is going to save his ass. He's going to be called as a witness -- he's one of the most obvious choices in all this. He cannot hide no matter how hard he tries. To disassociate himself from Dougie's history and then from Scottie Brown is not going to render him invisible and certainly doesn't make up for his being an accomplice. Sorry, Sippy -- but it's time you be that man you kept portraying you were. Show us those crisis management skills you are so proud of!

Radar Online has it now, with a picture of the Duggars front and center.

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/04/duggar-family-quiverfull-movement-scandal-lawsuit-claims-teenager-sex-slave/

What was that just now??!! Did anyone else hear it?? I believe it was the sound of Nathaniel Darnell's head exploding.

What was that just now??!! Did anyone else hear it?? I believe it was the sound of Nathaniel Darnell's head exploding.

Oh, you can bet Darnell is writing fast and furiously some kind of rebuttal against Hero's complaint. Because, you know, he's an expert in law AND in sexual and spiritual abuse cases. I can hardly wait to find out what he will post about all this.

I realize it's Radar, so consider the source, but them using the term "sex slave" kind of icks me out.

I would love to know. Gotta be more to the story.

I want some google-fu much better than mine in on this and some real lawyers weighing in. Please.

I've also been regarding Gibbs with suspicion for the reasons Apple1 stated. I googled him when he came up in the Gothard Misconduct thread and all I could come up with was cases where he defended churches. And the Shiavo case. His law firm (but his younger brother) was also involved in the Tina Anderson case. On the side of the church.

Can people with better skills than mine find any cases where he acted for the Plaintiff? Essentially as the prosecutor not the defense?

Is it possible that he is taking this case because he is genuinely angered by the situation? Is he taking it pro bono? Why would he take the case unless he thought he could win it? I find it impossible to believe that any attorney would take a high profile case like this looks like it may become and (totally unethically) intentionally throw it. That would be so risky and, frankly, professionally idiotic.

Thoughts and comments?

Oh, you can bet Darnell is writing fast and furiously some kind of rebuttal against Hero's complaint. Because, you know, he's an expert in law AND in sexual and spiritual abuse cases. I can hardly wait to find out what he will post about all this.

Something along the lines of, unless there were witnesses, it means nothing, and carry on with your patriarchal selves.

I am wondering who will be deposed. Can Beall be deposed? What about his kids? I thought I saw apost about someone walking in on an incident, maybe it was the kitchen assault. Sickening. I mean, the fact that her family caught DPIAT red handed, how fortuitous and important to this case.

I realize it's Radar, so consider the source, but them using the term "sex slave" kind of icks me out.

I agree it is creepy, but unfortunately, it fits. What is unpaid household labor if not a slave? And in addition to her duties tending the kids and cooking, Doug was forcing himself on her.

If this is what Dougie calls a romantic and affectionate relationship, his relationship with Beall can't be very dreamy. If this is what he does extra-maritally...

I posted in the other thread, but he was Jack Schaap's attorney. :angry-banghead:

http://chucklestravels.com/2012/08/02/w ... ck-schaap/

No, that info is incorrect.

Gibbs was NOT Schaap's attorney.

Gibbs was retained by First Baptist Church Hammond, to potentially protect the church from liability for Schaap's wrongdoing. I'm fairly convinced that Gibbs' advice to FBCH was to hang Schaap out to dry so as to protect itself. Schaap's attorney was Paul Stracci (as I understand it, an expensive Chicago-area attorney, with nor particular history in church/clergy/religious matters).

ETA The Chucklestravels blog posted wrong information, and the incorrectness of that info is easy to verify. Chuckles should have published a retraction.

OK, here's a piece of info that may be relevant-

David Gibbs runs Homeschool Legal Advantage (HLA), a competing organization to Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA).

Doug Phillips was an HSLDA lawyer for 6 years.

I bet (guessing - no inside info) there is some historical bad blood between Gibbs and Phillips.

At least now we know Doug isn't gay...

Too bad he is a pervert. God that was the most discussing thing I ever read.

When the lady described what happened, do you think she knew the term ejaculated? Or masterbation? Or did she have to describe it in plainer terms than that? How embarrassed she must have felt, describing these nasty defiling acts... She truly is a hero.

At least now we know Doug isn't gay...

Too bad he is a pervert. God that was the most discussing thing I ever read.

When the lady described what happened, do you think she knew the term ejaculated? Or masterbation? Or did she have to describe it in plainer terms than that? How embarrassed she must have felt, describing these nasty defiling acts... She truly is a hero.

The description of the kitchen scene is so degrading. That alone would have been the one to finally just push me over the edge.

Archived