IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

Masturbation is normally a huge no-no with them. I guess it depends on who is doing it. :angry-banghead: I remember when I was on the Above Rubies group, this would come up from time to time and how SINFUL it was.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in the past, most young girls would have a hard time knowing how to respond to the advances of an authority figure, and reconciling feelings of sheer embarrassment and their own misplaced sense of guilt. But this woman? She never had a chance. Talk about extreme grooming and abuse of power. Any options she would have considered would have been totally unattainable in her community.

Now DP is painting her as a harlot, actually saying she aggressively participated and demanded gifts and money, as if he is the victim. Doug, let me put it into KJV for you:

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves.

I find it odd that Jen and Eston haven't commented yet.

I don't! This is the second time those gossiping unpleasant scoundrels have been scooped. They've had egg on their faces for quite a while now.

I expect KershawTW will post sometime soon claiming he knew all about the lawsuit in advance, however.

James McDonald, who seemed to support Dougie back in November, now would like to lay holy hands on someone according to his FB status a hour ago.

As for Vision Forum on FB, they are scrubbing all the comments over there. I have to go out, but would love to stay home tonight just hitting the refresh button on that one. One poster just posted the link to the official complaint, but 12 other comments are missing.

QFT. I was about to post almost exactly what you did. CnD just doesn't fit as Nolan, to me.

I'd be inclined to agree with you both as well, but CnD uses a Batman screengrab for the avatar... and the Batman films were directed by none other than Christopher Nolan! Is it a subtle clue, or am I reading too much into this? :think:

I am loving that news coverage of this is often mentioning the Duggars as well--knowing that a Duggar mention is clickbait.

On Raw Story right now:

"Lawsuit reveals teen was groomed as personal sex slave in the Duggar family’s movement"

Because the suit is filed in Bexar county, the entire case file will be available online here: http://apps.bexar.org/search/search.html under cause number 2014CI05999.

I suppose that won't include depositions? I so want to be a fly on the wall for Doug's!

Hold onto your seats folks, this is going to be a very bumpy ride.

I'm not surprised that Doug's team took a side-swipe at Nolan. Totally predictable tactics. I knew it was a mistake to put his musings up for sale, even as a joke, and even before I knew he was romantically involved with Hero. Luckily, I doubt he made more than the price of a cup of Starbucks with that joke.

Doug's team is probably out there interviewing and trying to depose everyone at BCA, VF, and the kitchen sink trying to discredit Mrs. and Mr. Manteufel.

I'm taking a moment to think how frightening this must be for BCA/VF members and "witnesses" who have always been taught that the secular court system is of Satan. They must be terrified. I really hope Gibb is good at his job.

He's tough and experienced but an interesting choice. His firm has also been retained by IBLP/ATI in the wake of the Recovering Grace stories and the "internal" investigation of Gothard's misconduct. In that case, he'll be the bad guy. In this case, he's on the right side. :think:

It's unfortunate that Gibbs was chosen. I don't trust him, not the tiniest little bit. His general entire purpose is to protect churches from accepting any liability from anything that their pastors and staff members do, up to and including sexual abuse of children. A real scum bucket.

I'd be inclined to agree with you both as well, but CnD uses a Batman screengrab for the avatar... and the Batman films were directed by none other than Christopher Nolan! Is it a subtle clue, or am I reading too much into this? :think:

I don't think CnD is Nolan. I think he is a friend. Possibly a close friend. Mind you, I have no proof, just a strong gut feeling. :)

First, I am sorry I ever said anything about Hero's agency in all this. While I always thought that DP was guilty of spiritual abuse even if she had initially consented, he is also guilty of RAPE according to this filing. No agency can be exercised when someone forces their physical will on another. I apologize. :(

Second and far better, congratulations to the happy couple. May you live and grow old together. :D

Third, it is interesting rereading Julie Anne's series on the DP scandal in light of today's findings. Especially Part 3. Whoever her Deep Throat was took great pains to paint the VF board in the best possible light. The filing gives quite a different picture of how they reacted.

Fourth, forget that Doug Phillips is A Tool. Doug Phillips Is a Rapist.

I suppose that won't include depositions? I so want to be a fly on the wall for Doug's!

Hold onto your seats folks, this is going to be a very bumpy ride.

I'm not surprised that Doug's team took a side-swipe at Nolan. Totally predictable tactics. I knew it was a mistake to put his musings up for sale, even as a joke, and even before I knew he was romantically involved with Hero. Luckily, I doubt he made more than the price of a cup of Starbucks with that joke.

Doug's team is probably out there interviewing and trying to depose everyone at BCA, VF, and the kitchen sink trying to discredit Mrs. and Mr. Manteufel.

I'm taking a moment to think how frightening this must be for BCA/VF members and "witnesses" who have always been taught that the secular court system is of Satan. They must be terrified. I really hope Gibb is good at his job.

It wouldn't include depositions unless an excerpt was attached to a motion. However, one could order a copy from the reporting service as depositions are public record.

James McDonald, who seemed to support Dougie back in November, now would like to lay holy hands on someone according to his FB status a hour ago.

As for Vision Forum on FB, they are scrubbing all the comments over there. I have to go out, but would love to stay home tonight just hitting the refresh button on that one. One poster just posted the link to the official complaint, but 12 other comments are missing.

James McDonald should be quiet; he possibly has more skeletons in his closet than anyone...

Just so everyone knows--Raw Story is running it. Popped on my FB page.

First, love the new thread. Hopefully we won't have to clean the rug too often.

Secondly, read the complaint in its' entirety. One word--Genius. Hero's attorney named Doug and both VFs as defendants. That means everyone is in the pool. All the emails, telephone records, copies of minutes of meetings, everything is fair game. So if VF for profit wants to survive they have to throw Dougie under the bus. IF VF nonprofit wants to be able to unwind and sell/give the valuables to friends, they have to throw Dougie under the bus. And as a bonus if they haven't been run as real corporations, the corporate veil gets pierced. (This means that the directors of the corporations are liable PERSONALLY). All the scrubbing of remarks on FB and other internet outlets won't help them now. Somewhere, somehow there are copies.

Thirdly, this will be settled. Why? Because none of these people or anyone named in that paragraph listing Patriarchal leaders want to be put under oath, deposed and then a) have the deposition leaked [Paula Deen] or b) go to trial and perjure themselves and have that published on the internet.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I read the whole complaint, and I found the information explaining Doug Phillips is a Tool's beliefs and the whole patriarchy movement incredibly informative and useful. Perhaps some curious people out there who think that the Duggar Quiverfull ideas are cute, quaint and wholesome will see it in a whole new light.

It's unfortunate that Gibbs was chosen. I don't trust him, not the tiniest little bit. His general entire purpose is to protect churches from accepting any liability from anything that their pastors and staff members do, up to and including sexual abuse of children. A real scum bucket.

That's kind of unsettling. I wonder how they ended up with that particular attorney?

Holly Shit! Fucking asshole isn't strong enough.

For those without facbook

So I can see who has 'liked' this post, but not who has commented. There's like 11 comments, but when I click to see them, they disappear.....

So I can see who has 'liked' this post, but not who has commented. There's like 11 comments, but when I click to see them, they disappear.....

I was thinking they must delete all unfavorable comments. The same thing happened when it all first came out.

I'm completely sorry for what I said about Hero. She really is the Hero. Only Apologies only to her.

Some of the reading is lengthy, but everyone needs to read the complaint. I believe her and she really was groomed as a kid starting at age 15. See http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/04/Torres ... rSheet.pdf in particular section 34 and 43. I'll bold it for anyone who dosen't have time to read it.

#34As a result of the manipulation of this movement, Ms. Torres’s thinking was altered. As

described herein, Douglas Phillips—standing in a position of influence and prominence

within patriarchy—methodically groomed Ms. Torres so that she would eventually

participate in illicit sexual rendezvous with him promising that she could one day marry

him. This grooming began when Ms. Torres was a fifteen-year-old child. Due to the years

of continued conditioning and indoctrination by Phillips and the patriarchal leaders, Ms.

Torres was incapable of giving consent to Phillips’s sexual advances.

FWIW, many of the bloggers did Hero a big disservice with rumors and inaccurate information. I question all of their motives. I'm glad to hear her voice from her perspective. If possible, she should sue most of them too.

#43 shows that he did not have her consent. Please read if you can, but it may be rough or a trigger for far too many. Reading the whole document, it's clear that should could never have consented...no ability.

I hope she gets a fair judge and/or an jury with some intelligence. She'll win either way though a happy life and seeing that the rapist NEVER gets into power again.

edited to add, if this is a double post, sorry.

QFT. I would like to know how they found him.

Gibbs was chosen IMO for two reasons 1. He is a true believer and Dougie's behavior has him riled, and 2. He's a damn good lawyer ? (have no idea) and knows a good lawsuit (and payday) when he sees it.

QFT. I would like to know how they found him.

I'm not familiar with him but -- being positive -- perhaps he'd be OK because at least he's heard a lot of bullshit from similar perpetrators when it came to rationalizing why they did what they did.

Not quite takes one to know one, but something along those lines.

I was thinking they must delete all unfavorable comments. The same thing happened when it all first came out.

I was thinking the same thing but it is weird. They are now up to 23 comments but the only one I can see is the link someone posted. I would have thought they would delete that, too, while they are deleting the rest.

And unrelated, the email that Beall supposedly sent Hero... I suspect that was written and sent by none other than Doug Phillips is a Tool.

Just so everyone knows--Raw Story is running it. Popped on my FB page.

First, love the new thread. Hopefully we won't have to clean the rug too often.

Secondly, read the complaint in its' entirety. One word--Genius. Hero's attorney named Doug and both VFs as defendants. That means everyone is in the pool. All the emails, telephone records, copies of minutes of meetings, everything is fair game. So if VF for profit wants to survive they have to throw Dougie under the bus. IF VF nonprofit wants to be able to unwind and sell/give the valuables to friends, they have to throw Dougie under the bus. And as a bonus if they haven't been run as real corporations, the corporate veil gets pierced. (This means that the directors of the corporations are liable PERSONALLY). All the scrubbing of remarks on FB and other internet outlets won't help them now. Somewhere, somehow there are copies.

Thirdly, this will be settled. Why? Because none of these people or anyone named in that paragraph listing Patriarchal leaders want to be put under oath, deposed and then a) have the deposition leaked [Paula Deen] or b) go to trial and perjure themselves and have that published on the internet.

All true. I may be mistaken, but I took away from the WND article that Hero isn't interested in settling. I could be wrong and drained from reading the complaint.

I'm taking bets that the veil was pierced at some point. I want him to pay, but in jail time as well.

Oh yes, someone is on facebook patrol. One comment I saw was a link to "rethinking vision forum", I went back 5 min later and it was gone. Thy scrubbing of the internets has commenced at what is left of VF central. Nothing has been posted to that page since Dec. apparently they decided to resurrect it.

Archived