IGNORED

Any other Hunger Games fangirls here?

Hane

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was really interesting that there really are no obvious heartthrobs in the book for the reader to sort of unabashedly swoon over and root for. Each choice is totally complicated. I like that because it takes the story away from a love story focus (even though there is some romance in the storyline) and really puts the focus on Katniss and her struggle to survive and struggle to know who she is and what her priorities are relative to the larger issues at play.

I have the first one on my Kindle. I barely got through the first chapter. I found it depressing but it could just be because my seasonal depression is really bad this year. I decided not to try reading it until my mood is a bit better.

I'm fairly close to the end of the second book, & I'm loving it! I thought the first book started off a little slow, but once they actually start the competition, it really picks up. I thought maybe it would slow down some in the second book, but nope! I won't spoil it, but there's sort of a twist that keeps the action going. Seems like the movies should be awesome, too, as long as they're done right. Really excited for those! :)

I read all 3 books over the summer and I liked them. The third book is a little hard to follow and most people I know don't like it as much.

I liked the third book very much. But I think it's because it's a much less guarded political critique. I think that

the PTSD issues

are extremely well rendered. And all that can seem like exaggeration is just totally in hand with what she seeks to portray.

I have the first one on my Kindle. I barely got through the first chapter. I found it depressing but it could just be because my seasonal depression is really bad this year. I decided not to try reading it until my mood is a bit better.

No, it's certainly not a happy book. I think the end is as happy as it could be, but seriously, it's better if you're not depressed when you read it :P

I liked the third book very much. But I think it's because it's a much less guarded political critique. I think that

the PTSD issues

are extremely well rendered. And all that can seem like exaggeration is just totally in hand with what she seeks to portray.

No, it's certainly not a happy book. I think the end is as happy as it could be, but seriously, it's better if you're not depressed when you read it :P

I think so too. Those issues were portrayed really well.

The books can be sad but the ending made me really happy.

Um, so is anyone else totally dressing up as a Capitol citizen for the movie, or is that just me? Is anyone else subscribed to Capital Couture? I got an email this morning from Seneca Crane reminding me to buy my tickets for the upcoming games!

I got the same email and posted about it on Facebook! I'm considering going as a Capitol citizen, or printing a District 4 shirt (since that's where TheCapitol.pn assigned me to) and going all-out district 4 with hair/makeup/etc (how I imagine they'd dress do it for the parade). Pretty much all of the theatre majors at my school are going to the midnight showing, and some of the musical theatre majors have been working on their costumes for a month now.

I'm 7 :P I'm so excited, yesterday we bought the tickets for the midnight showing!!! They had already two times already full, it's crazy!

Read all three books in about two days. They were all very different, and I did get teary eyed a couple of times.

Now to figure out what to wear to the preview...you can buy the District 12 training shirts online, and it wouldn't be too terribly hard to throw together an outfit resembling what they wore in the games.

I also got all 12 of the China Glaze nail polishes :)

I'm 7 :P I'm so excited, yesterday we bought the tickets for the midnight showing!!! They had already two times already full, it's crazy!

The big theater near me has sold out three midnights, two 12:05's, and a 12:15. They just added another midnight too. There are two other theaters in Nashville that have showings as well, one with a 12:05 Imax showing.

District 4 here! :D I'm definitely getting dressed up. Probably just gonna buy a District 4 shirt from Redbubble :)

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dfragra ... nger-games for those who are interested :D

I made this shirt yesterday

shirt.jpg

Depending on the weather, I have some capris that match the outline color of the fish, or if it's cold I'll just wear jeans (with black sleeves under the shirt). Makeup in sea greens/blues/etc and maybe some oceanic-type hair ribbons of some sort.

The author of the books penned the screen play, so I imagine the movie will follow the story line pretty well.

Yeah, it looks like it's going to stay pretty true to the book, which I'm excited about!

Probably a stupid question but where are you guys going to get your district number?

here: TheCapitol.pn

Does anyone know how it decides what District you're in? Is it just random?

I feel like it is. It assigned me to District 4 when I pretty much can't stand swimming, and refuse to spend much time in ocean/lake water. So it's certainly not a "this is where you'd fit in best" sort of thing (especially since it doesn't ask you anything first).

Has anyone done Panem October? I just signed up and was assigned to District 6. Haven't done anything else yet but I've heard it's better than TheCapitol.PN.

Panem is basically post-apocalyptic America, so the districts are different areas of the US. Therefore, you're assigned to districts because of where you live.

Panem is basically post-apocalyptic America, so the districts are different areas of the US. Therefore, you're assigned to districts because of where you live.

I don't remember it asking where I lived. Even if it did, it assigned me to District 4. I don't remember if I put southern Illinois (where my hometown is) or Nashville (where I live now), but neither are near anywhere that could be called a "fishing district". So I doubt it's based on where you live...

Archived