IGNORED

Any other Hunger Games fangirls here?

Hane

I don't remember it asking where I lived. Even if it did, it assigned me to District 4. I don't remember if I put southern Illinois (where my hometown is) or Nashville (where I live now), but neither are near anywhere that could be called a "fishing district". So I doubt it's based on where you live...

Yup...I don't remember whether it asked for a ZIP code or location or anything, but it put me in District 11...Agriculture. Not exactly big stuff here in southeast TX. Of the ones I can think of off the top of my head, I'd say it would've put me in District 4 with the fishing & stuff if it were based on location (Although oil refining is the biggest industry right around here. No district for that, though. But we do have some darn good Gulf seafood here.). Seems like it's pretty random to me.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I logged in using Twitter, and it asked where I was. If you logged in using Facebook, it's possible that Facebook could provide that info without your typing it in.

Or it could be random, I dunno.

I'm 6: transportation.

After seeing your avatar and your name, I can't say this surprises me. :lol:

Did you see Winter's Bone by any chance? That was the first Jennifer Lawrence movie I saw. Great movie and she was so good in it. Cute too.

I did, actually! My parents and I saw it probably a week after it hit theaters; I'm a movie hipster, I saw Winter's Bone BEFORE it got the Oscar nods! ;) I loved it, even though it was so grim. And when it was announced that there'd be a Hunger Games movie, JenLaw was my first choice, even if she's not physically perfect for the part. I love her, she seems so down to earth in interviews.

Here's a link to a Panem map, so you can see your district by where you actually live; it's what I used to find mine, District 10, which is livestock. Not breaking the link since it's a media website. http://io9.com/5882371/perhaps-the-most ... ames-panem

And I may or may not have all three teaser trailers downloaded on my iPod, along with every song from the soundtrack that has been released thus far (some illegally, since you can't get them on iTunes). And maybe a t-shirt that says "District Twelve Tribute" on it. And maybe four or five different magazines' Hunger Games editions. And a magazine clipping of JenLaw as Katniss on my dorm wall. Clearly, I'm obsessed and need a new hobby.

And finally, just to brag a little, me as Katniss for Halloween (apologies for size). You can't see it, but I'm wearing khakis, a brown belt, and brown boots below the waist, as I'm a huge stickler for accuracy. I do think I have the badass expression down, tho. And the pin was made from a mockingjay keychain I bought before the movie announcement and there was loads of licensed crap (#hungergameshipster #teamkatnissbeforeitwascool):

390508_1525271730351_1191360676_31360169_321956975_n.jpg

Fireiscatching, does not seem like an official map though, certainly not the one used by TheCapitol.pn I prefer this one ahahahaha

I don't think it's based on where you live. My friend and I live in the same city (and in fact across the street from each other). I got district 5 (Power), and she got District 3 (Technology).

ETA: According to the map we're in District 7 (Lumber). That... makes a whole lot of sense since we're in BC.

ETA 2: I just joined Panem October. I'm in District 2 (Masonry). I love all the options.

Here's a link to a Panem map, so you can see your district by where you actually live; it's what I used to find mine, District 10, which is livestock. Not breaking the link since it's a media website. http://io9.com/5882371/perhaps-the-most ... ames-panem

According to that map, I grew up in District 10 (livestock), and now live in District 11 (agriculture). Like I said, TheCapitol.PN put me in District 4 (fishing) and Panem October put me in District 6 (transportation), neither of which are near southern IL or Nashville. I can't find a map on Panem October or TheCapitol.PN, but none of the maps I'm finding on Google Images would have it make sense that I be in 4, while one or two would put me in 6 (looking at Nashville, since I live there now). Honestly, it doesn't matter, because I already made the District 4 shirt and am excited to accessorize with oceanic type stuff.

Sweet. According to that map, I grew up in District 12, and live there still :)

Although I'm quite happy with District 4 since I LOVE the Ocean, I feel like it should have placed us along where we live. But then I guess it would be harder for the European readers to be placed.

Although I'm quite happy with District 4 since I LOVE the Ocean, I feel like it should have placed us along where we live. But then I guess it would be harder for the European readers to be placed.

Along with us Gulf Coasters who, according to the maps, would be underwater! ;)

Along with us Gulf Coasters who, according to the maps, would be underwater! ;)

Yeah! So I think I can be quite happy with the results :) Plus, like I said, I love the water, so district 4 is perfect :D

Is anyone here familiar with the show Sweet Genius? I always thought President Snow would look like him.

I am SO excited for the movie. Midnight premier! I kind of want to dress up but I don't know if I have time. I might just buy a mockingjay pin.

I will be the lone voice of dissent, I guess. I really liked the first book, I finished the second because it was all I had while traveling one time but found it kind of meh, and looked at the third on Mark Reads but couldn't get interested enough to actually read it.

Yes, I thought the first one was the best. After that it went downhill.

Yes, I thought the first one was the best. After that it went downhill.

I'm with you guys, I loved the first, second was so-so, and third had a few good points but was really boring in other parts.

Haven't read them yet, but my 12 year old dd polished off the first 2 books in a weekend. If they get her into reading, it's good to me.

The first was easily the best. It's what got me hooked. I liked the second almost as much, but the third was really sad. It was still great, but it was sort of depressing and pairing it with the loneliness of being one of the only people who wasn't at home during Christmas break was a bad combination.

I took the plunge and got the books. I am almost through Hunger Games and I like it. I like the characters, the plot has thickened and kept becoming more interesting as the characters are fleshed out. I so far just plan to finish the first book before the movie comes out because I was in the middle of another book.

According to the map, I'm not anywhere near Panem :? I'm underwater.

I got into District 11, but it seems I'm closest to District 12.

According to the map, if I'm not in the Capitol I'm pretty damn close. District 2 or 3, it's kind of hard to tell. But then if I were in my actual hometown, I would be District 4 or 11. Again, it's pretty hard to tell. It's like the border cuts right through my town.

District 10.

I finished the book. I really liked it. Even more so since she seems like a real 16 year old who doesn't have all the answers. Funny - another reality tv couple learning it doesn't help a relationship.

Has anyone read the People Magazine special issue of the Hunger Games? The girl playing Rue is adorable.

Archived