IGNORED

Any other Hunger Games fangirls here?

Hane

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're into YA fiction and don't mind teenage protagonists, it's awesome. I got put off by Katniss in the first book, but it got way better once things started going, and the second book is great. I haven't read the third yet.

The first two books are great. The third is too, but it's completely different from the first two. Can't wait for the midnight showing. :)

Hells to the yes.

I was Katniss for halloween. It was kickass. I cannot WAIT for the movie! I haven't been this excited for a movie since...oh...hmmm...The Dark Knight? I love Jennifer Lawrence, and I can't wait to see her as Katniss, who is probably my favorite fictional female protagonist of all time.

GReat books! I converted two of my friends. Just keep in mind that one of them read them instead of studying for her exams (I don't want to be held responsible for that kind of stuff again) :P it's a page-turner!

Katniss is my favorite female character of all the books I've read. Is there anyone else here that is in love with Peeta? I think he's so sweet.

I loved them, but it does focus a lot of the love triangle, so if that sort of things is tiresome to you, you might not enjoy them. The audiobooks are very well done. I cannot wait for the movie!

I thought they were great as did my 10 year old daughter. She's obsessed with Katniss now. We have all three books on our Kindles. (Yes, all three on mine, all three on hers. It's a long story. Ok, so it's a short story that's really boring.) I didn't think the love triangle was over-played and it is essential to the plot. There is a lot of melodrama, but well, the characters are entitled to it.

Worth the read, definitely. It's one of the best series in years.

I will be the lone voice of dissent, I guess. I really liked the first book, I finished the second because it was all I had while traveling one time but found it kind of meh, and looked at the third on Mark Reads but couldn't get interested enough to actually read it.

Granted, I know very little about these books, but from what I've read they they sound like Battle Royale which was a Japanese book and movie. Can anyone compare Battle Royale with The Hunger Games?

eta a word

I loved the series and can't wait to see the movie! I'm so glad to see a series that is actually well written with characters that have positive, admirable qualities become popular.

Granted, I know very little about these books, but from what I've read they they sound like Battle Royale which was a Japanese book and movie. Can anyone compare Battle Royale with The Hunger Games?

eta a word

I think the Hunger Games are a much more dystopia oriented. Plus the 2nd and third book talk about different subjects not talked about in Battle Royale.

I have read about half of Battle Royale, and I don't remember the dystopia being a big part of the book, now my friend who read the whole book but not the Hunger Games tells me that it was important to the story.

IMO it's a much more elaborated world in the Hunger Games, the themes are adult and dark, more than in Battle Royale. It's never about the blood or gruesome details.

Hells to the yes.

I was Katniss for halloween. It was kickass. I cannot WAIT for the movie! I haven't been this excited for a movie since...oh...hmmm...The Dark Knight? I love Jennifer Lawrence, and I can't wait to see her as Katniss, who is probably my favorite fictional female protagonist of all time.

After seeing your avatar and your name, I can't say this surprises me. :lol:

Did you see Winter's Bone by any chance? That was the first Jennifer Lawrence movie I saw. Great movie and she was so good in it. Cute too.

I watched Winter's Bone to learn about the Ozarks after I learned I had to move here. Great documentary!

Just kidding. I have yet to come across scary meth people. Just scary fundies!

J-Law was fantastic in it though. Totally deserved her Oscar nod, and I have high hopes for her Katniss.

Um, so is anyone else totally dressing up as a Capitol citizen for the movie, or is that just me? Is anyone else subscribed to Capital Couture? I got an email this morning from Seneca Crane reminding me to buy my tickets for the upcoming games!

Archived