IGNORED

IRS: Woman claims 19 non-existent children

Deleted12

The Internal Revenue Service says a 40-year-old Northern California woman is facing charges that she helped prepare false tax returns and obtained fraudulent Social Security numbers for at least 19 non-existent children.

Norma Coronel was indicted on 35 counts earlier this year in Los Angeles. She was arrested July 12 in Livermore and made her initial court appearance in Los Angeles on Monday.

The IRS says Coronel claimed that all the children had been born to her at a Los Angeles hospital on Dec. 11, 2002, then obtained fraudulent Social Security numbers for them and claimed them as dependents. Hospital records show she gave birth to one child, a boy, on that date.

Coronel faces up to 143 years in prison and $5.6 million in fines if convicted of all charges.

(This is like totally the end of the article.)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1VAxkFLj1

The IRS says Coronel claimed that all the children had been born to her at a Los Angeles hospital on Dec. 11, 2002

She claimed she had 19 children at once... and didn't think she'd get called out? :icon-eek:

The IRS says Coronel claimed that all the children had been born to her at a Los Angeles hospital on Dec. 11, 2002, then obtained fraudulent Social Security numbers for them and claimed them as dependents. Hospital records show she gave birth to one child, a boy, on that date.

Quite a litter, having born in the same day. Megalomaniac behaviour :D Why on earth 19, why not two or three?

Uhhh....wow.

I can't get over that she "had" them all on the same day. Must've been some kinda baby bump she had going there. lol

How did she not think that someone was going to question that??

Yeah, the all in one day thing was kinda odd. It says she's 40 so she could have spread them out quite a lot. 19 children over 20+ years, maybe throw in a couple of sets of twins to get the numbers up faster......

The world record for most kittens in a litter is 19.

Must have been a big pussy to birth a litter that big!

With that rate she would beat the Duggars' record in no time. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

Guest Anonymous
Holy crap, what did she think she is, a bunny rabbit?

Actually, she and Michelle Duggar are twins separated at birth.

She's claimed her 19 kids were born in 2002, it's 2011. That means 8 years of tax returns and only now it was noticed? So much for the IRS cracking down on tax cheats.

I wonder if I can claim 5 more on my tax returns as I count them as my furry kids. Do Cricket, Charcoal, Madeline, Dudley and Maisy all sound like kids names to you? I know the dogs do and I might get one cat in but I'm going to have to rename my boy cat. So see I have 10 children.

I wonder if I can claim 5 more on my tax returns as I count them as my furry kids. Do Cricket, Charcoal, Madeline, Dudley and Maisy all sound like kids names to you? I know the dogs do and I might get one cat in but I'm going to have to rename my boy cat. So see I have 10 children.

Madeline, Dudley, and Maisy all sound like people names, and knowing some of the weird-ass names people sometimes give their kids, Cricket isn't too much of a stretch, my dad works with a woman named Butterfly (it's her legal, given name), I suppose it could pass. Charcoal, though? That's not going to work, I don't think.

If you've got social security numbers for your furry kids, go for it. 1987 was the first year dependants had to have social security numbers, and that year the number of dependants claimed dropped.

http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/dependents.asp

The Internal Revenue Service says a 40-year-old Northern California woman is facing charges that she helped prepare false tax returns and obtained fraudulent Social Security numbers for at least 19 non-existent children.

Norma Coronel was indicted on 35 counts earlier this year in Los Angeles. She was arrested July 12 in Livermore and made her initial court appearance in Los Angeles on Monday.

Coronel faces up to 143 years in prison and $5.6 million in fines if convicted of all charges.

(This is like totally the end of the article.)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1VAxkFLj1

I just saw this on the Livermore Patch. Never thought it would appear on here!!! lol

Charie, maybe?

I have a Madeline, too. She's a little bad girl.

Hey, for once a thread about defrauding that doesn't have anything to do with cleavage or knees! Yaay :-)

Anyway, that lady is an idiot but the fact that she got away with it for 8 years is ridiculous.

common sense is something this woman was lacking, really 19 kids at all let alone, all born on one day. I would (like) think the IRS would keep up with all the huge families that are getting money back for all their kids though they don't beleive that the government should be doing it anyways.

Archived