IGNORED

fundies breaking the rules!

actuallyjessica

we've recently had photographic evidence of jill duggar dancing with a tv host... and dancing is a big no no in fundieland.

it got me wondering, who else has been caught out 'breaking' the rules?

Some fundies don't have a problem with dancing,drinking wine, women and girls wearing pants, etc. It's hard to say they're breaking the rules.

I think it's safe to say that the number one rule for many religious ideologues is "Do is I say, not as I do."

Fundies are absolutely brilliant at the mental gymnastics required to justify whatever it is they want to justify while condemning whatever it is those sinners over there want to justify.

Single men living "alone". Then again I think fundie lites are ok with. Still waiting for proof that JD Duggar isn't still living home with his parents. Pecan Thief lived alone until he married Pris. Nate Darnell doesn't live with his parents. Two Thomas sons live out of state. Joseph from (Verity) was living alone for a few before he got married a week ago. But a few of these might be fundie lite.

Jocelyn Dixon is an assistant manager of a Family Dollar, wears nail polish, and has dyed her hair burgandy. Is she still fundie :think:

Mercy Morecraft posts Morrisey quotes on Tumblr and I'm telling!!!

fireflymoments.tumblr.com/post/73037212247/it-was-probably-nothing-but-it-felt-like-the

But then, Morrisey still can't come right out and say "I'm gay," so perhaps he's to be admired by these assholes.

we've recently had photographic evidence of jill duggar dancing with a tv host... and dancing is a big no no in fundieland.

it got me wondering, who else has been caught out 'breaking' the rules?

Where can I see the photo?

Duggars.tumblr.com

Instagram.com/good morning America

Instagram.com/theduggarfamily19

Instagram.com/truthteller47

All of those. Don't know which will be the fastest to access. There's two photos.

Duggars.tumblr.com

Instagram.com/good morning America

Instagram.com/theduggarfamily19

Instagram.com/truthteller47

All of those. Don't know which will be the fastest to access. There's two photos.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, I'm bringing this thread back for a few. This is about the Morris family. I had never heard of them until they were mentioned on the "Jill courting" thread. I went back to the Morris blog to read up on them and I find them VERY interesting. It appears they started off looking like VERY strict fundies...but man has that changed. So there are definitely some fundie rules they have broken. There was DANCING at Caleb's wedding and yes he did dance with his mom. ALL the Morris ladies were sporting short shorts(well above the knee) during a DC trip. Doesn't look like the "courting" couples have chaperones either. Oh and I do believe Caleb DID NOT save his first kiss for his wedding. I don't know what the hell happened, but they get NO complaints from me :dance:

Ok folks, I'm bringing this thread back for a few. This is about the Morris family. I had never heard of them until they were mentioned on the "Jill courting" thread. I went back to the Morris blog to read up on them and I find them VERY interesting. It appears they started off looking like VERY strict fundies...but man has that changed. So there are definitely some fundie rules they have broken. There was DANCING at Caleb's wedding and yes he did dance with his mom. ALL the Morris ladies were sporting short shorts(well above the knee) during a DC trip. Doesn't look like the "courting" couples have chaperones either. Oh and I do believe Caleb DID NOT save his first kiss for his wedding. I don't know what the hell happened, but they get NO complaints from me :dance:

oh... they're so... gasp... NORMAL!

In the courting thread, it was mentioned that they gave up ATI a few years ago and changed their lifestyles shortly there after.

Fundies don't break rules O mean how can they when they make them up as needed? or blame t on god the always useful standby.

• 2 months later...

Ok folks, I bringing this one back! I just LOVE finding fundies who break the rules or who are just not so strict on themselves. Well we all know Thomas Paine(Chad's brother) is engaged to a young lady named, Dakota. He said they met 3 years ago in Chicago. Probably while doing some Gothard crap. Well anyway, it appears Dakota wears short shorts! Yes above the knee shorts and dresses. There are some nice, romantic pics on his blog. Oh there is a "sexy" frontal hug pic. I LOVE when fundies frontal hug :lol:

Single men living "alone". Then again I think fundie lites are ok with. Still waiting for proof that JD Duggar isn't still living home with his parents. Pecan Thief lived alone until he married Pris. Nate Darnell doesn't live with his parents. Two Thomas sons live out of state. Joseph from (Verity) was living alone for a few before he got married a week ago. But a few of these might be fundie lite.

Jocelyn Dixon is an assistant manager of a Family Dollar, wears nail polish, and has dyed her hair burgandy. Is she still fundie :think:

No, Jocelyn and the Dixons are anything but fundie anymore.

The "rules" are fluid. They're only rules until they don't work for that family anymore, and then there are new rules or amended rules. So basically no rules. Just whatever makes them feel superior at any given time.

No, Jocelyn and the Dixons are anything but fundie anymore.

For now anyway they appear to atheist hippies. They have done many flips since I first met them, so who knows how long atheist hippie phase will last.

Erika Shupe and daughters have worn sleeveless tops and dresses before. In fact, the picture of her oldest daughter on the website used to be of her wearing a blue tank dress (as in not even sleeveless, but 1.5 inch straps).

A couple off the top of my head:

James McDonald and his article declaring that betrothal is equal to marriage and that a broken betrothal is akin to divorce (and divorced ppl are hell-bound). That disappeared pretty quickly after Tiffany decided Jared wasn't the bloke for her (that was a lucky escape). But he was quite happy to publish that knowing full well that he and his sanctimonious wife were both married to different ppl when they met. Lying is also a sin in his book, but it's quite okay for him to pretend that their blended family is one, big biological one.

Oh, and DPIAT writing that his 'inappropriate relationship' never crossed the line into 'knowing her biblically'. :angry-banghead:

Emily & Ben B. (from the Be Brower -blog) intrigue me very much. They come from fundy families and had an arranged marriage with pretty much no courtship at all, going from zero to engagement in one day, and they probably use no bc since she became pregnant right away after their wedding. But... she wears bikinis, jeans, and shorty shorts. He is ofter in swimtrunks only (which I don't mind at all... ;) ). But, most of all, they both have tattoos, and his are very bold. I thought tattoos are definitely NOT allowed in fundy circles.

When your "proof" is : because Jesus, you can can do pretty much as you please. The Bible is all metaphor and allegory so it is open to interpretation and even if the Bible has nothing to say about what it is that you want to do - you can just say that God told you it was ok (after careful prayer of course). This is such a useful argument tactic that I (an atheist!) have adopted it. Example: I was going to mop the floor, BUT the mop was in the closet and the door to the closet was closed - meanwhile the cushions on our deck chairs were entirely unoccupied. Clearly these two things are a sign that God wants NEEDS me to lie in the sun instead of cleaning. I urge all FJ'ers to follow my lead and use "because Jesus" to justify any weasly thing you want to do.

FMJ I followed all three links you posted and could find no pics of any dancing Duggars. Is there a better link? I'm thinking it didn't happen.

when you make the rules you can change them to fit the need. how else would you be able to live however you want?

FMJ I followed all three links you posted and could find no pics of any dancing Duggars. Is there a better link? I'm thinking it didn't happen.

Totes happened.

post-4896-14451998969511_thumb.jpg

post-4896-14451998969731_thumb.jpg

Archived