GeoBQn

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That blog post was weird. I wonder how she will juggle running an advertising agency with a pregnancy and other kids.

They've picked out "a" name? Does that mean she thinks she knows what she's having?

BTW, I do hope it goes well for her. I don't think she could deal with another miscarriage, and her children will suffer from the fallout.

BTW, I do hope it goes well for her. I don't think she could deal with another miscarriage, and her children will suffer from the fallout.

I hope so too.

I'm just sad. Very sad. She doesn't need any more children. Another miscarriage would be dreadful for her and the ones she has already. I don't see a good outcome here either way it goes. I was hoping she was done. Now I'll have to go with I hope she never conceives again.

Maybe she'll give up on the Carmelite thing.

They've picked out "a" name? Does that mean she thinks she knows what she's having?

"Think" is the important word, here.

"Think" is the important word, here.

Fundies always seem to know what they're having. They give their early miscarriages (way before any sex determination is possible) very gender specific names. I've even seen them do this with anembryonic pregnancies (blighted ovum).

When Bonnie at A Knotted Life had a miscarriage several days after a positive pregnancy test, her husband insisted she had been pregnant with a boy and they picked a boys name.

Gil and Kelly gave their miscarriages unisex names. I always thought that was smart*.

*As smart as fundies can be.

My prayers are with her that this baby goes full term. There is nothing more traumatic than losing a baby. I had a very difficult time with our miscarriage, and having our baby after (our fifth out of the six we currently have) was very healing.

That being said, I do hope she is realistic about what having six kids means. My husband and I were not prepared for how utterly overwhelming things would be once our sixth came. I think we got cocky (pardon the pun) thinking, what's one more? There seems to be a martyr mentality within Catholic/homeschool groups, and nothing is more humbling that realizing this is way, way over your head, and really seeing the situation for what it is.

We had the help of our baby's godparents and their family, another good set of friends, our home schooling group, and the local gym that frequent as our older kids swim and my husband and I workout. She has none of this, from what she blogs about (I don't read her blog much so she may have some...I'm going by what's posted here). Even with all those things in place, I'd say for the first nine months it was exhausting, from sun up until sun down. Several of us who are friends were having our sixth or seventh baby, and hands down we all said six was a game changer. I'm nervous for her being out there with no support group, homeschooling and caring for an infant, with other little ones underfoot. My oldest was a teenager when this baby came, and that made all the difference in the world. We call her the "third" adult. She did everything. Cooked, cleaned, took the baby for me in the mornings so I could sleep or just have a few moments of peace...changed diapers, etc. I can't even put into words how that helped my outlook and got me through recovery...because she has c-sections too.

I would offer my help, but she wouldn't take it anyway. Not snarky, it's just the truth. I hope one day she can forgive me, for whatever I hurt her for. She and I have a lot in common so I would be happy to help if it was accepted.

Now I've got that combo of fastidiousness with cleaning combined with great fatigue. It's weird. But things are actually easier. I have to enlist my kids help. At ages 10, 9, and 6 asking kids to pitch in for general housekeeping is a general part of good parenting. (I don't want to raise kids who are totally unprepared to be decent college roommates at age 18). All the same, I didn't have the strong motivation to teach "basic chores" until I was pregnant with number 6.

Um, if you want your kids to know how to take care of themselves, you should probably teach them some shit. Isn't that basically the point of being a super-duper homeschooling speshul snowflake carmelite mom? And given their sporadic education and the money-management skills floating around the house, I don't think you need to worry about your kids going to college :?

Hooboy. Just what Abigail needs.

And I gotta say, if the inner crazy is as bad as the outer crazy, Abigail.....oh dear.

I wish she weren't pregnant, but now that she is, I hope she doesn't miscarry again. I also hope the child does not have Cystic Fibrosis, since they have been rolling the dice on that, too.

I wish she weren't pregnant, but now that she is, I hope she doesn't miscarry again. I also hope the child does not have Cystic Fibrosis, since they have been rolling the dice on that, too.

I also hope they don't have a CF child. I forget for awhile that they are carriers.

I also hope they don't have a CF child. I forget for awhile that they are carriers.

Yep, I forgot about that too and now I'm mad about it again. I really hope the child doesn't have CF.

I forgot they were carriers of CF :( I really hope that their child is okay. I hope its been a mistake and they aren't really carriers after all, surely having so many kids who don't have it is incredibly rare. Genetic illnesses and Quiverfull doesn't go together, and she needs to stop having kids and be very thankful that all of her living kids are perfectly healthy :( Abigail has really been upset over this miscarriage-I think having a living child die would pretty much push her over the edge, and its an awful thing that no parent should ever have to go through.

Did they do an autopsy with Leo to see if he had CF?

Didn't she miscarry Leo so early that an autopsy would be nearly impossible? (I have no medical background so I could very well be wrong). The way she spoke of it, you would think she had been at six or seven months, but I believe she was at three months or less.

Are any of her current children positive for CF?

From what I understand, Abigail lives in a bedroom community of DC. Hopefully she is taking advantage of the opportunity to seek excellent care from a doctor(or team of doctors).

I hope she has a healthy happy baby.

Are any of her current children positive for CF?

From what I understand, Abigail lives in a bedroom community of DC. Hopefully she is taking advantage of the opportunity to seek excellent care from a doctor(or team of doctors).

I hope she has a healthy happy baby.

As far as I know, none of her children are positive for it. She and her family live in West Virginia, somewhere on the Maryland border.

I am happy to hear all of her children are healthy! :)

Many people commute from WV to DC or DC suburbs like Rockville and Tysons Corner. So she could probably commute to a major hospital in DC or even Baltimore.

The fetus appeared to have died in the first trimester and Abigail didn't expel him until she was given drugs to cause it so it was too small to autopsy. I don't think she allowed chromosomal analysis which is about all they can do at that stage. She tends to use the date it was expelled rather than estimated time of death for the duration of the pregnancy.

Archived