Mama Mia

According to the official government student loan site this isn't even true. Loans can sometimes be forgiven if the person becomes pernanently disabled, and can sometimes be deferred if a job is lost. Some loans can be forgiven through public service jobs in designated areas. But no, not forgiven just for not being able to find work.

There are a lot of non-official sites saying that Obama put through a student loan forgiveness act, but that does not seenu to be accurate.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anjulibai

• GeoBQn

• Coconut Flan

• Stephanie66

Stephanie66

Abigail seemed pretty clear about it, and she isn't dumb. I can not find it in her blog. I was pretty pissed because I struggled to pay back mine, and yes, I did the SAHM thing for a few years and made loan payments.

lilith
She also posted that she has started knitting again and she's teaching her daughters. I hope that knitting helps give her some peace of mind, though I had to laugh about how her husband is excited because it is a "sustainable" hobby. It's only sustainable if you are making yarn balls out of unravelled sweaters, or raising the sheep yourself.

Don't give her any ideas - next thing we know she'll be spending next months grocery budget on a couple of merino sheep and a spinning wheel

chaotic life

The income based repayments had DH's loan at a $0/month payment plan for awhile. It's possible she did it that way, especially now that they tie the income for both adults instead of the double-sided thing that was set up when they first passed it.

slickcat79

Here's where she wrote about the student loan forgiveness:

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2012/02/hes-good.html

She has to make payments every month for 20 years before the rest of the debt is forgiven. Of course, the payments are miniscule because it's based on income and family size. And naturally it has absolutely nothing to do with the baby-hating, birth control-mandating evil Obama administration, it's all BECAUSE JESUS.

GeoBQn

Don't give her any ideas - next thing we know she'll be spending next months grocery budget on a couple of merino sheep and a spinning wheel

I bet you that she will have backyard chickens within the next 6 months.

I bet you that she will have backyard chickens within the next 6 months.

No chickens yet, but she's just posted a picture of their new potato patch, written an open letter to Gwynneth Paltrow, and bought her 11 year old a laptop for her birthday. The Gwynneth letter in particular is so....Abigail-ish. Much poverty, so humble.

anjulibai

People that live in poverty can't afford to give their 11 year olds laptops. They just can't.

anjulibai

Oh, also, that's not urban farming, because they aren't in an urban area. They are in the suburbs. Urban farming is something very different.

People that live in poverty can't afford to give their 11 year olds laptops. They just can't.

Exactly! I also forgot to mention the riding lessons for one of the girls.

slickcat79

Or fill an apartment with houseplants. Or spend $30/gallon on paint. And I'll be she's still taking the damn cello lessons too :roll:

Oh, also, that's not urban farming, because they aren't in an urban area. They are in the suburbs. Urban farming is something very different.

Um, yeah. If you need a machine to till the land(!), that is not urban farming :?

Abigail doesn't just have her own opinions. She has her own facts.

Part of being a super speshal snowflake Camelite is writing extensively about your poverty and how poor you are while also taking all the older kids to see a first run movies, continuing cello lessons, swim lessons (that was her, right? I get my hypocritical meatheads confused) and buying your 11 year old a laptop.

This is the nitwit with the minifridge, right? Who thinks she's saving money as a result? :roll:

Chowder Head
Abigail doesn't just have her own opinions. She has her own facts.

Part of being a super speshal snowflake Camelite is writing extensively about your poverty and how poor you are while also taking all the older kids to see a first run movies, continuing cello lessons, swim lessons (that was her, right? I get my hypocritical meatheads confused) and buying your 11 year old a laptop.

This is the nitwit with the minifridge, right? Who thinks she's saving money as a result? :roll:

She still hasn't replace the mini frig? Heck you can get a good used standard frig most places for $150 - $200 which I know she pays for horse, swim & cello lessons for a month atleast.

anjulibai

No, they got a new fridge not too long ago. Brand new, too.

lagenialester
Poor people buy a lot of brand new.fridges, I hear. :-?

Especially after throwing away a perfectly good fridge a year or two prior!

Koala

Especially after throwing away a perfectly good fridge a year or two prior!

The poor people I know like their fridges to fit properly and look good in their kitchens (she just remodeled in there you know!).

Anyway, a good looking fridge is loads more important that whether they actually have any money left to put food in it! Start stockpiling food in the freezer and you're an instant food hoarder (which can probably traced back to her time in daycare the orphanage).