GeoBQn

I am happy to hear all of her children are healthy! :)

Many people commute from WV to DC or DC suburbs like Rockville and Tysons Corner. So she could probably commute to a major hospital in DC or even Baltimore.

Yes, her husband commutes to Rockville for his job. There are very good hospitals in the area, though I doubt Abigail thinks that far ahead. The area she is in in West Virginia is probably pretty good in terms of healthcare because I imagine a lot of the residents are fellow commuters.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for the NFP at a minimum. She's pushing 40 and apparently her body is beginning to think it's time to quit.

Well, that's unfortunate, but not that surprising.

I'm wondering if they will go through the whole funeral/burial/tombstone thing. She said she found out she was 6 weeks just before Lent began, which was only this last Wednesday. She's not much more than 7 weeks along now. I'm guessing this is basically like having a heavier than normal period.

Would she really go through the whole rigamarole of a funeral and burial, with all the gnashing of teeth she had with the last miscarriage, for a 7 week pregnancy? Would she collect what she expels?

At 7 weeks, you *may* be able to see some grayish tissue, but nothing really discernible, I don't think. At least, that's what I was told when I had a miscarriage around that time. I wound up needing a D&C, though...

I bet she'll have a funeral, though. Gotta maintain that pro-life cred. Plus, she doesn't seem very stable, and this will only make her crack more. It's kinda sad, actually.

God, I hope she doesn't drag her kids through another period of grieving and a funeral. They don't deserve it.

If she tries I hope the doctor and/or priest push counseling really strongly. She needs it.

Well, that's unfortunate, but not that surprising.

I'm wondering if they will go through the whole funeral/burial/tombstone thing. She said she found out she was 6 weeks just before Lent began, which was only this last Wednesday. She's not much more than 7 weeks along now. I'm guessing this is basically like having a heavier than normal period.

Would she really go through the whole rigamarole of a funeral and burial, with all the gnashing of teeth she had with the last miscarriage, for a 7 week pregnancy? Would she collect what she expels?

I miscarried at 7 weeks. It was more than a heavy period. After lots of cramping and bleeding I expelled a large, purplish lump of tissue. I fished it out of the toilet with a slotted spoon to get a better look. Then I flushed it. It boggles my mind someone would insist on a funeral for this. She is not a mentally healthy woman.

I hope my comment didn't come across as callous, blackkatya and yeanothermeg. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm not really into pregnancy and babies, so I wouldn't know - but isn't it customary to keep one's mouth shut until about the 12th week? I vaguely remember being told that many pregnancies are lost at an early stage and that that's just how things are. So apparently many people don't announce the pregnancy until they are sure it "sticks".

She hasn't miscarried (yet), according to her new post. She gave her nine year old son one of the sonogram photos to put in his wallet. She's calling the baby Matthew.

She acknowledges earlier in the post that this could be a girl, but she's already decided on a boy name?

She really wants another boy, doesn't she?

I'm not really into pregnancy and babies, so I wouldn't know - but isn't it customary to keep one's mouth shut until about the 12th week? I vaguely remember being told that many pregnancies are lost at an early stage and that that's just how things are. So apparently many people don't announce the pregnancy until they are sure it "sticks".

I'm old, so people didn't test until they were at least a couple weeks late, and people I knew would usually tell people around 2 months, earlier for immediate family. I think the combination of the Internet and early testing has really pushed up when people announce, in general.

I had one second trimester loss, and I am about 90% certain I had 2 early miscarriages...extremely heavy, painful period a couple weeks late, vomiting ( always my first pregnancy sign )fatigue etc.

I think I would have been much more upset if I had known for sure I was pregnant. ( well, with one of them, the other I was 13, so a relief either way)

That's the route many people take, but not all. I didn't go around announcing my pregnancies before the end of the 1st trimester, but I didn't try to hide it either. I was one of those that was sick before I even missed my period, so if I had tried to deny being pregnant I would have either had to stop talking to people altogether or let everyone assume I had some contagious GI plague.

The fundy quiverfuls sure seem to like to announce as early as possible, though. I mean, if you didn't say anything and then had a miscarriage, people might think you weren't trying to pop out as many babies as possible! :roll:

Way back when before the stick pregnancy tests and at their beginning, doctors routinely told women not to even make an appointment until they'd missed two periods. So not calling until 8 weeks and then a week or two to be seen and it was pretty safe to announce after the doctor confirmed at 10 or so weeks. Then the strip tests were offered for home and became more reliable. I think the very first ones were only good from about six weeks on so some people announced before seeing the doctor but not too many. As the tests give results earlier and earlier it's harder to keep the news quiet for many people.

The OB/GYN offices around here still won't usually schedule you until 10-12 weeks. I was able to get in earlier with this pregnancy for an ultrasound, but I had bleeding and had a history of recurrent miscarriage. Even then, the only thing they would do was confirm whether or not the pregnancy was viable, and reschedule me for my first official prenatal visit at 11+3.

The OB/GYN offices around here still won't usually schedule you until 10-12 weeks. I was able to get in earlier with this pregnancy for an ultrasound, but I had bleeding and had a history of recurrent miscarriage. Even then, the only thing they would do was confirm whether or not the pregnancy was viable, and reschedule me for my first official prenatal visit at 11+3.

Interesting how things are different in different areas, in my area they will shame you and practically call CPS if someone doesn't see an OB in the first trimester, and late in the first trimester gets a seriously snotty attitude, which is ridiculous IMHO.

Here they want you in at 7 to 8 weeks and sooner if there is spotting or cramping or a previous miscarriage. They want to see people by 8 weeks so they'll have time to discuss the nuchal scan and get it scheduled if people want it. It's also better for dating the pregnancy or at least that's what they tell the mothers to be. it is funny how it differs in different areas.

The give a viability ultrasound at 6 or 7 weeks where I live, and then another one at 10 weeks.

The give a viability ultrasound at 6 or 7 weeks where I live, and then another one at 10 weeks.

The practice I go to doesn't do a routine ultrasound until the 20 week anatomy scan if you have no loss history, haven't dealt with infertility and have no other issues (bleeding, etc.). There's not really anything they can do so early, anyhow.

The practice I go to doesn't do a routine ultrasound until the 20 week anatomy scan if you have no loss history, haven't dealt with infertility and have no other issues (bleeding, etc.). There's not really anything they can do so early, anyhow.

The practice I use to go to would not see you till 12 weeks. I miscarried before then (9 weeks). I have pcos so by the time i figured it out I basically miscarried the next week.

Actually, I'm mostly curious how she thinks the knows the gender of a 7 week embryo.

I think her default is boy until proven otherwise. Both of her previous miscarriages were "boys" too, although I don't think that was ever medically confirmed.

I also don't think Abigail and hubby are both actually carriers for CF. You can't believe anything Abigail says. It's like when she claims to be just like a Romanian orphan because her mother put her in daycare, or claims to live in poverty while spending her grocery money on concession stand treats and broken crap from Hobby Lobby :roll:

Archived