IGNORED

TLC cancels Kate Plus 8 - MERGED

Jencendiary

THANK GOD!!!! :pray: I feel like step dancing on the table! Although, I better not, wouldn't want to mess it up when it's the place I eat on. In all seriousness though, I was ready for Kate to go far away and never be heard about again. Now....if only I could change the world and move other shows out of the way too. :think:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Duggar show ending soon.

this has it's own problems...

They can't spank,blanket train or restrict the kids as much because they are well aware of public opinion and cameras watching them and want to keep sweet for audience approval.Once that goes and they start just catering to VF/ATI set exclusively once again,all that is going to happen full force for Jenn, Jordyn, Josie, Mack,Mike and the rest of the future grand children.If you like the way, Hannie and Jackson carry on tough luck because the retraining and Pearl stuff will start.The trips will almost completely stop unless it is to the usual ATI get together's.The clothing will probably get more constricting again.

Well one down, one to go. Hope the children (both shows) are able to receive counseling in the future.

I don't wish that "19 Kids and Counting" be cancelled because I fear the children will live in poverty. Kate G. was a nurse and can get a job. Her children are young enough (and free enough) that they can grow up and have their own careers. The Duggar children are so limited that, if the gravy train stops, they might grow up sheltered and in poverty. I'm not convinced that JB's real estate investments can feed and clothe 20 people. In the case of the Duggars, their TV show might be the lesser of 2 evils.

I believe they have saved a pretty penny so they won't be living in poverty just not getting expensive cameras,shopping at name brand stores or going over seas.

I know this isn't fully relevant, but just saw that Kate Plus 8 is getting taken off the air (cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/15/kate.plus.eight.canceled/index.html). I wonder what this will mean for the Duggars?

I was Teamjon until he started douching it up. Those parents were both equally responsible for bad decisions for their children, but he seemed much more likable. And then his behavior just became unacceptable as far as I'm concerned -- same as I feel about the fundies, you don't get to have eight kids and then be a selfish git, you have to pick one.

Agreed his very very very public midlife crisis did not endear him to anyone, he came off as a selfish self centered immature manchild.

Anyway not suprised that the show got canceled the ratings tok a nosedive after the divorce drama died down andthe kids are growing up and aren't cute little toddlers or infants anymore. If kate has a lick of sense she will downsize to a smaller house and work as a nurse and live within her means but more likely she will go bankrupt and act like a martyr for her kids. The really sad thing I is I doubt the kids will see a pneey of the money they rightfully earned

I am glad the kids won't be subjected to the show anymore, but I am concerned about that Khate will do now that her $$$ is drying up. It is highly doubtful she'll go back to her previous lifestyle, and she couldn't maintain her current one on a nurse's salary.

Not that I really think she'll be able to get a job anyway now that she has repeatedly shown what a bitchy harpy she is.

(No, I don't like her one bit! and I worry about the kids going through all of this)

Kate can't sell the house if she tried. They bought right before the 2008 crash at 1.3 mill, and the house is worth about 400,000 at best now. That being said, their original house never sold. They could move right back in to the moderately sized house they had before. I don't think Kate would be able to get a real job - she's too addicted to 'fame', freebies, and treats her kids payed for. This is where I worry about the Gosselin children in a new way: they were being sold for TV, but now what's going to happen to them when the gravy dries up?

I was Teamjon until he started douching it up. Those parents were both equally responsible for bad decisions for their children, but he seemed much more likable. And then his behavior just became unacceptable as far as I'm concerned -- same as I feel about the fundies, you don't get to have eight kids and then be a selfish git, you have to pick one.

^This, kind of. Though it seems he's been off the radar for so long it's surprising he made the list just a few spaces from Casey Anthony. Kate's an abusive bitch who pulled a wounded gazelle gambit to make Jon look like a villain. TBH I think the media just lapped up Kate's shit, though Jon himself didn't help by being a douche anyway.

Oh well, Jon's far better off and I hope he's learned from his mistakes (he evidently learned something if he's off the radar). Now to get those poor kids away from Khate...

I don't know about what would happen if the Duggar's were to be cancelled. Now that I've thought about it a bit, it would really be sad if the family (once cameras were off) did resort to the Pearl's punishment and other discipline to "retrain" the younger kids. I don't know what they do in their home behind closed doors though. I hope neither Kate's nor the Duggars' kids ever have to live in poverty. I don't know who would even consider buying Kate's huge house nowadays. My family just sold a house and we got way under what we expected for it.

If the Duggars are canceled, will there be a lot of claims from the Christian crowd screaming "persecution"?

I would hope not,when they get cancelled it would be after five or more years of being on the air and over a hundred episodes. My guess is tlc is holding out on a courtship or baby number twenty before they cancel.

Was reading Radaronlie this morning (guilty pleasure) and it seems kate was up late last night tweeting with her "fans"... among the gems are "I plan to stay on tv :)" and "Mady is such a little star! Disney?? LOL" . That woman is a psycho and will do anything to keep the gravy train rolling, now it seems she'd like to pimp the kids out to disney. I predict a new round of "motavational speaking" to churches with loads of 'love offerings'.

I'm so not Team Jon. Kate was such a bitch right from the beginning, he should have grown a spine and not let her use his sperm with the fertility drugs or whatever it was that happened with the multiples. Like "one baby at a time or I'm getting snipped!"

And then when he did start standing up to her, instead of using his newfound freedom to be a good father and maybe reconnect with his old friends and family or get some cash set aside for the kids or SOMETHING, he went to d-list celebrity hell, with a d for "douchebag".

I don't usually watch the show, but I caught the end of it last night and Kate is completely unlikable. And she seemed to take no blame at all for their divorce. It was all him. Granted, he did turn into a jerk, but she wasn't exactly nice either. And from the way she talked, she seemed like she just wanted him to go away and not have any contact with the kids. Jon always seemed to be nicer to the kids then she did. He always seemed to actually enjoy them and all the chaos that came with having that many small kids while it all seemed to get on her nerves. I feel so sorry for those children. The woman is obviously a fame whore who who will do whatever she can to stay in the spotlight, even if it means hurting her children.

I don't wish that "19 Kids and Counting" be cancelled because I fear the children will live in poverty. Kate G. was a nurse and can get a job. Her children are young enough (and free enough) that they can grow up and have their own careers. The Duggar children are so limited that, if the gravy train stops, they might grow up sheltered and in poverty. I'm not convinced that JB's real estate investments can feed and clothe 20 people. In the case of the Duggars, their TV show might be the lesser of 2 evils.

This. While I am no Kate fan I can't say I blame her for having a show. As a nurse she would have to work constantly just to provide for 8 kids and they would not have been able to go on trips and have the experiences that they have had so in that sense I think it was good for kids. It provided them with a better life than she could have on her own and what parent wouldn't jump at the chance to give their kids something better? However, I think the speaking engagements, books, magazines, and dancing shows were over the top. She went from being someone doing a show to provide for her family to someone doing a show to further her own fame. That's wrong. Not to mention the fact that she allowed them to film her while her marriage was falling apart. It would be one thing to do this as a childless person, but clearly she isn't. Divorce is difficult enough on children without having it committed to film.

And while I think Jon is a douchey, immature, overgrown fratboy at least he always seemed attentive and caring to his children. He was more concerned with playing and having with them then having a clean and orderly house.

... among the gems are "I plan to stay on tv :)"

I didn't realize staying on TV was 100% Kate's choice. I always thought that had to do w/ something silly, like Oh, whether the audience wanted to watch you...

But being in the public eye is inherently bad for kids - didn't the Dionne quintuplets write a letter about that to one of these big families? And a lot of former child stars have spoken out, too.

But being in the public eye is inherently bad for kids - didn't the Dionne quintuplets write a letter about that to one of these big families? And a lot of former child stars have spoken out, too.

The Dionne quintuplets had their own attraction in which they were the wards of the town and placed in an enclosure for people to stare at, so that's a very extreme example. I'm not sure about 'inherently bad' if it's not on that scale.

I DO think that the reality TV thing is damaging, I'm just saying I don't think there's been any proper studies into what extent it has to go to before it will almost always cause a bit of damage. The two surviving quintuplets have written about it in light of recent reality shows etc, yes. And despite the reservations I've expressed, I do think that their story is a very very good thing to keep in mind with any sort of media attention on a person.

The Dionne triplets were an extreme case, but so were Kate & Jon's family - we've never had entire families with cameras on them all the time before this recent round.

We do have a lot of child stars who are now grownups talking about the ill effects. And they weren't nearly as extreme as the Dionne family's situation - I think Kate's another Dina Lohan, only she's got more kids to mess up.

I don't think the Duggars will end up in poverty, but I agree with what tabitha2 said they probably will have less money go have expensive things, expensive clothing and vacations or mission trips. I think certain problems will happen once the TLC gravy train ends for the Duggars. Boob has helped Josh quite a bit with the car lots and I think part of that is due to TLC money. Once TLC is gone he will have less money and he might not be able to help some of the other sons and I can possibly see some of them being upset because there would be less money for them to establish businesses. I could see possible resentment towards Josh from the younger sons.

Archived