IGNORED

TLC cancels Kate Plus 8 - MERGED

Jencendiary

I didn't realize staying on TV was 100% Kate's choice. I always thought that had to do w/ something silly, like Oh, whether the audience wanted to watch you...

When Kate and Jon first started the divorce proceedings. Jon actually banned TLC crews and producers from the property and he also claimed that one of the twins used to cry whenever production crews came around and that she never wanted to be on TV.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the younger boys might not get as lucky as Josh. I wonder if the girls will be able to do accredited distance learning online besides college plus (I don't know much about collegeplus or weather it's accredited so correct me if I'm wrong).

I doubt Kate will return to nursing. She's been out of the field so long her certifications have expired, so there would be some schooling required. For a long time she's been used to being paid to appear and being treated like a star, she's not going to go back to just helping people. She was on the Emmys for cryin' out loud, how can she go from that to cleaning bed pans? :D

Sadly, I agree with those who predict Kate will end up filing for bankruptcy, because her ego won't recognize her financial troubles until they are way past the point of fixing. The kids won't see the tv money because it will be long gone before they can think about spending it on cars or college. Kate might even resort to being a stage mother, remember the episode where Cara and Mady got head shots made? Out of the 8 kids I'm sure she's convinced that one or more of them has enough star quality to support the whole family.

Yeah, the younger boys might not get as lucky as Josh. I wonder if the girls will be able to do accredited distance learning online besides college plus (I don't know much about collegeplus or weather it's accredited so correct me if I'm wrong).

From what I've read college plus is mostly about "coaching and tutoring" to help people get credits through CLEP testing. On their site they mention something about online classes, correspondence courses and on campus classes. I'm not sure how those work with CP. But I have heard that collegeplus isn't accredited and a few months back I found a few sites/blogs were people claimed that their credits from collegeplus were not accepted by some colleges. CollegePlus is overpriced but I think the Duggars are getting waived because they are promoting the program.

If the Duggar kids get screwed over by CP, I really won't feel sorry for them because either got their tuition/fees waived or if they paid it won't hurt Boob that much. I do feel sorry for the people who have less money than the Duggar that get involved with CP.

The Duggars' execuse for CollegePlus and distance/online learning is that they like to be flexible because of their travels. I think that excuse is stupid. In life you can't always do things whenever you want to. I took a few online classes when I was in college mostly just cut down on commute time and I did it so I could have a more flexible work schedule. But I accepted since my freshman year that there were going to be times when I wouldn't be able to go and visit my parents, friends or relatives due to school and assignments. The older Duggar kids are a bit too sheltered and spoiled.

Twin2, you wanna know what happened to the Roloffs? Jake got kicked out of Faith Bible about two months before 8th grade graduation - rumor has it that he will attend public high school this fall. Matt is now running around claiming he "never" liked the school he sent FOUR kids to, although Molly will apparently finish out her senior year there. Zach is still working at the indoor soccer arena, and Jeremy is "supposed" to go to Brooks in Santa Barbara this fall. Amy is running aournd doing speaking engagements and working with her charity - it appears she and Matt have come to a "separate but married" status, where they each live their own lives. Roloff Farms is the "place to be" if you're a teen/20-something who likes to drink and party - no ID required!

As for the reality famewhores, of the three (Duggars, Roloffs, Gosselins), I think the Duggars are most likely to have socked away a bunch of their earnings (as supported by the evidence of a James and Michelle Duggar Trust owning multiple pieces of property in the Springdale area). While they won't be living as high on the hog as they are while on the TLC tit, I suspect they'll be a lot more comfortable than they were before the show. They won't do as many trips, only because there won't be as many freebies handed out to them, and dangit, paying for 20+ people is expensive (NY subway, anyone?? :lol: ). However, I suspect that will be fine with them, as it will allow them to withdraw the younger children from the spotlight and beat them into submission "retrain" them. On the other hand, I'm guessing JB and Mich's speaking engagements will skyrocket, as that will become their primary income, plus it gets them away from the nagging responsibilities of actually raising their children.

I'm thinking the younger kids will always enjoy more freedom than the olders, simply because once you've had a taste, it's hard to give it up, and I do think the sister-moms will be reluctant to employ the most severe training methods. But I could be wrong - their frustration at being forced into mothering their siblings fulltime while watching their chances for courtship fade away could cause them to erupt and become even more stringent than their parents.

Twin2, you wanna know what happened to the Roloffs? Jake got kicked out of Faith Bible about two months before 8th grade graduation - rumor has it that he will attend public high school this fall. Matt is now running around claiming he "never" liked the school he sent FOUR kids to, although Molly will apparently finish out her senior year there. Zach is still working at the indoor soccer arena, and Jeremy is "supposed" to go to Brooks in Santa Barbara this fall. Amy is running aournd doing speaking engagements and working with her charity - it appears she and Matt have come to a "separate but married" status, where they each live their own lives. Roloff Farms is the "place to be" if you're a teen/20-something who likes to drink and party - no ID required!

As for the reality famewhores, of the three (Duggars, Roloffs, Gosselins), I think the Duggars are most likely to have socked away a bunch of their earnings (as supported by the evidence of a James and Michelle Duggar Trust owning multiple pieces of property in the Springdale area). While they won't be living as high on the hog as they are while on the TLC tit, I suspect they'll be a lot more comfortable than they were before the show. They won't do as many trips, only because there won't be as many freebies handed out to them, and dangit, paying for 20+ people is expensive (NY subway, anyone?? :lol: ). However, I suspect that will be fine with them, as it will allow them to withdraw the younger children from the spotlight and beat them into submission "retrain" them. On the other hand, I'm guessing JB and Mich's speaking engagements will skyrocket, as that will become their primary income, plus it gets them away from the nagging responsibilities of actually raising their children.

I'm thinking the younger kids will always enjoy more freedom than the olders, simply because once you've had a taste, it's hard to give it up, and I do think the sister-moms will be reluctant to employ the most severe training methods. But I could be wrong - their frustration at being forced into mothering their siblings fulltime while watching their chances for courtship fade away could cause them to erupt and become even more stringent than their parents.

I remember hearing that Matt never liked Faith Bible and he told a few people that he would have been fine with kids going to public school and he said that Amy was the one who pushed for the kids to go that school.

I agree the Duggars are probably the ones who saved the money they made from TLC.

As for my statement re "TeamJon" -- I agree he behaved like an idiot adolescent however I think he figured things out and worked hard to try to get his kids off of TV. It seems like he has taken himself out of the spotlight of late and back to a "normal" job, taking care of his kids when he has them, etc. I was just surprised he was still relevant enough to make the top 10 most hated in USA.

Anyone remember that when J&K broke up they said that "the house is the kids' house" and that J&K would be the ones moving in/out based on custody arrangements? They didn't even try that for 10 minutes....

The Dionne quintuplets had their own attraction in which they were the wards of the town and placed in an enclosure for people to stare at, so that's a very extreme example. I'm not sure about 'inherently bad' if it's not on that scale.

I DO think that the reality TV thing is damaging, I'm just saying I don't think there's been any proper studies into what extent it has to go to before it will almost always cause a bit of damage. The two surviving quintuplets have written about it in light of recent reality shows etc, yes. And despite the reservations I've expressed, I do think that their story is a very very good thing to keep in mind with any sort of media attention on a person.

I think about this and it all reminds me of the truman show. Yeah being on tv isnt a big secret to these kids but at the same time they are too young to comprhend that their buddies the camera people and sound guys are broadcasting their lives to millions.the younger duggars and gosslins have no memory of a time in their life when they went being filmed. I would not be suprised when we hear from one of the gosselins and maybe a duggar or two sepaking out about being exploited or cashing in on a tell all book.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Kate is loathesome. I want her to disappear forever.

Perhaps the Duggars are next. I've tried watching their show, and I was bored after five minutes. I can't believe we're supposed to find this family so riveting. The comments on this board about the Duggars (and other QF fundie types) are more riveting. Then again, so was the cat vomit I cleaned up this morning.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find women who use their roles as mothers to sell themselves the kind of women I would never want as my mother-Kate Gosselin, Michelle Duggar, Dr. Laura, Sarah Palin, et al.

Yeah, not.

Lets see:

More Books about her hard life bringing up her children.

One of her children,probably one of twins,will coincidently discover a passion for singing and acting on tween Disney shows.

Her own TV gigs.

Yeah, not.

Lets see:

More Books about her hard life bringing up her children.

One of her children,probably one of twins,will coincidently discover a passion for singing and acting on tween Disney shows.

Her own TV gigs.

I could totally see her putting more books out. I also could possibly see her trying to make money off of speaking engagements. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the kids ending up acting or something. Kate will probably try to be like Kris Jenner. She will be going around the entertainment industry begging for people to use her kids as models or other occupations.

She'll probably go back to the $20 a pop "love offering" for each book signing/autograph.

what has ever happened to Jon? Does he have a real job now? I never hear about him anymore.

I could totally see her putting more books out. I also could possibly see her trying to make money off of speaking engagements. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the kids ending up acting or something. Kate will probably try to be like Kris Jenner. She will be going around the entertainment industry begging for people to use her kids as models or other occupations.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -H.L. Menken

He spent months looking for a Job,had to sell a bunch of stuff to live and now installs solar panels on buildings.

I heard about that too. He tried to get jobs in the IT field but couldn't find work and there were rumors that incidents in his work history hurt him. One of previous employers said that there was an incident in which Kate showed up the workplace and a fight happened.

According to the radio this morning (WSB), Kate is planning on beginning a career of motivational speaking. Seriously? What the fuck has she done that is motivational? I mean, besides changing the channel...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/08/1 ... 620110815'

Sorry, had to google and get this in writing.

While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning) we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future.

I'm going to guess it went something like this:

Kids, all the drama your daddy caused has forced TLC to cancel the show. We wont get to go on any more fun trips or meet cool people. Since your dad doesnt have a good job and we wont have TLC money, you wont get cool new toys or clothes. We'll talk about this more later, I have to go get my nails done.

But being in the public eye is inherently bad for kids - didn't the Dionne quintuplets write a letter about that to one of these big families? And a lot of former child stars have spoken out, too.

Yeah, the three surviving ones at the time wrote a letter to the McCaughey family when their septuplets were born. I think that family and the Dilleys do a great job - a few specials or magazine articles here and there but that's it.

Too bad the Gosselins and Nadia Suleman didn't get the memo of how much they're going to/have already fucked up their kids.

Yeah, the three surviving ones at the time wrote a letter to the McCaughey family when their septuplets were born. I think that family and the Dilleys do a great job - a few specials or magazine articles here and there but that's it.

Too bad the Gosselins and Nadia Suleman didn't get the memo of how much they're going to/have already fucked up their kids.

I loved the specials about the Dilleys. Keith and Becky seem to lead their family well. I remember Becky homeschooled the kids at one point and seemed to do a good job. Mullet could have learned from her.

I loved the specials about the Dilleys. Keith and Becky seem to lead their family well. I remember Becky homeschooled the kids at one point and seemed to do a good job. Mullet could have learned from her.

I also love the Dilleys! Kate could have taken some lessons from them in managing sextuplets.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/08/15/television-us-kategosselin-idUKTRE77E5Z620110815'

Sorry, had to google and get this in writing.

I'm going to guess it went something like this:

Kids, all the drama your daddy caused has forced TLC to cancel the show. We wont get to go on any more fun trips or meet cool people. Since your dad doesnt have a good job and we wont have TLC money, you wont get cool new toys or clothes. We'll talk about this more later, I have to go get my nails done.

I remember back before J&K got divorced (aka when I still watched the show), they talked about how attached the kids got to the crew members who are around for so much of their lives. I can imagine that losing those adults from their lives could be pretty traumatic.

The crew is probably the only "real" adults in their lives. Hell, mom spends more time on DWTS and book tours than she does with the kids... the only constant is the camera.

Archived