IGNORED

TLC cancels Kate Plus 8 - MERGED

Jencendiary

So, TLC has cancelled Kate Plus 8. Will the Duggars be the next to meet their fate? Now is time to speculate!

Oh, god. I have been babysitting children all weekend, and the rhyming has gotten into my brain.

But, yes. According to Entertainment Weekly, TLC decided not to renew Kate Plus 8 for a new season - so there won't be a 'final farewell' episode. Just the end of the season on September 15th.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a sign that 19 kid... is next. TLC knows ratings for the Gosselins and Duggars are going down. I'm not surprised that Kate Plus 8 is canceled. With the cancellation of that show, I'm thinking maybe the next season could be it for the Duggars unless a courtship or another Mullet pregnancy happens.

I think this is a sign that 19 kid... is next. TLC knows ratings for the Gosselins and Duggars are going down. I'm not surprised that Kate Plus 8 is canceled. With the cancellation of that show, I'm thinking maybe the next season could be it for the Duggars unless a courtship or another Mullet pregnancy happens.

Between taking care of Josie and being in her, what, mid-40s now, Michelle probably won't have another kid.

A courtship would do spike the ratings though.

Or, you know, a "family crisis" where Joy tells her parents exactly what she thinks and hops on a bus to live with her lesbian aunts. Holy shit can you IMAGINE the ratings then? Everyone would be tuning in to watch that shit! Or if Jinger dyes her hair blue, Jessa gets a tattoo, the younger kids learn the F-word, Jana runs off with a new boyfriend nobody knew about... :D Of course to keep the fundie demographic watching Jinger would have to dye her hair back to its normal color, or Jessa will get the tat removed, Jana will ditch the bf and come home, and the younger kids will have to find new fun words. Like coccyx. That would drive Jim Boob and Michelle back up the wall!

I look forward to reading Maddy's tell all book. Maybe more than one of Jon and Kate's kids will write about a book about growing up on tv with imploding parents, but Maddy's always been snarky, I think her voice would be the best to tell the tale.

Even better, maybe one of the production assistants will decide they don't want to work in entertainment anymore, and burn their bridges with a book detailing the horrors of spending day after day with Kate Gosselin.

I watched a couple of the J&K+8 when the kids were tiny. Once their marriage problems became public, I assumed they would just stop doing the show. Silly me. I underestimate people's fame whore potential.

Maybe her children can now have a more normal and private upbringing.

Hot diggity dog! This news just made my day :)

Mine too and it's about damn time. I thought she went off the air years ago but what do I know.

Yeah, I think the writing is on the wall for the Duggars. First it was Little People Big World, next Kate+8, the Duggars will be the next domino to fall. I'm a bit shamed to admit it, but I kind of miss Little People Big World, I'm dying to know what happened to the fail twins.

I think the public have turned against Kate with all the debacle that has happened since she split with her husband and went hurtling into freefall. No surprise that TLC have cancelled it.

Yeah, I think the writing is on the wall for the Duggars. First it was Little People Big World, next Kate+8, the Duggars will be the next domino to fall. I'm a bit shamed to admit it, but I kind of miss Little People Big World, I'm dying to know what happened to the fail twins.

There is supposed to be a LPBW update documentary later on this year. I'm also curious to find out what happened to them.

I wanted this show to stop when they got divorced, which is when I stopped watching. The only concern i have is how the heck will she support those kids without using them as meal tickets? At least the sextuplets are young enough that if you ignore the DVDs, they're barely going to remember the show...at least as compared to what happens for the rest of their lives. It's gonna be the hardest on the twins, for sure, because they're going to remember the entire show and that's gotta mess a person up. I knew the only way Kate would stop exploiting her kids would be bad ratings. It's long overdue.

So happy to hear this news but I foresee Kate ending up at a "spa" for 6-8 weeks getting "healthy." She is a sick woman and I also look forward to reading Maddy's book.

Anyone else surprised that Jon Gosselin made the top 10 most hated in USA list? I am definitely TeamJon.

Hopefully the Gosselin children will now have some peace, although I suspect their mother won't be kind to her little meal tickets now they're no longer earning moolah for fake boobies and fake tanning. Mady will make a fortune with her tell-all book - she has been brave enough to not be drinking the organic koolaid for years now! Let's hope the Duggars will have the cameras turned off soon too.

How do the Duggars ratings compare to K8+8? Anyone know?

Anyone else surprised that Jon Gosselin made the top 10 most hated in USA list? I am definitely TeamJon.

I was Teamjon until he started douching it up. Those parents were both equally responsible for bad decisions for their children, but he seemed much more likable. And then his behavior just became unacceptable as far as I'm concerned -- same as I feel about the fundies, you don't get to have eight kids and then be a selfish git, you have to pick one.

Finally. The clusterfuck that was J&K+8 should be this generation's "An American Family." I wonder what short, pithy statement one of those kids will come up with to encapsulate their experience with reality TV? Will it be as memorable as Lance Loud's "Television ate my family"?

Those poor kids. As for their mother, she's a real piece of work.

Archived