IGNORED

Lori Alexander - No fat chicks....REALLY

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-truth-about-men.html

Christian women need to be told the truth about men ~

Men are attracted to youth and looks. This is normal. Men are not evil, base or perverted for being attracted to youth and beauty. Young Christian girl, if you are not getting approached or asked out, it’s probably because you’re not attractive enough, you’re not nice enough or you’re not available enough. You need to work on this. You need to lose weight, grow your hair out, wear nice clothes and some decent makeup. You might be a b****, and if you are, you need to be nicer. If you really want to find a man and marry, then you need to get serious about it while you’re young. {from Sarah's Daughter}

There is a big push in our society as its waistline expands to accept being heavy as normal and beautiful. Our love affair with high fat foods, sugary sodas and desserts, and highly processed foods is finally catching up to us. Sure, we hear about the dangers of obesity but it seems we are trying to normalize it instead of fight against it and call it what it is...gluttony.

Before you call me judgmental, you should know by now that I try to speak out about all sin. Sin is destructive. It is never beautiful or something we should glorify and make normal.

There are so many beautiful women who would love to be married but are heavy and out of shape. I posted that first paragraph which was written by a man to try and persuade young women who are looking for a husband to begin eating healthy, working out, join Weight Watchers, whatever it takes to look better. Men are visual. That is the way God made them. Instead of criticizing them and trying to make them think being overweight is attractive, realize this is not true and do something about it.

Gluttony is a sin. Don't let that cookie boss you around anymore and potentially destroy a future marriage for you. Take charge and get in shape. Eat lots of salads, fresh chicken, eggs, and fish. Laugh a lot and be happy. Be feminine. This is very attractive to men!

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat,

for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty,

and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Proverbs 23:20,21

:o :evil: :angry-banghead:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Someone better tell my husband to divorce me - and quickly! Somewhere out there there's a thin girl with no opinions that could be his!

I have quite a few friends who are overweight while maintaining active lifestyles--running marathons, competitive ballroom dance. Maybe they lost some weight when they started these sports, and some of them did change their eating habits, but they did not lose enough weight to be considered "thin" by Lori's definition. The only way these women would ever become a size 2 is through surgery or an eating disorder.

What a cunt.

It's not a term I like or use, but in this case, it's spot on.

What a waste of a human being she is.

I have quite a few friends who are overweight while maintaining active lifestyles--running marathons, competitive ballroom dance. Maybe they lost some weight when they started these sports, and some of them did change their eating habits, but they did not lose enough weight to be considered "thin" by Lori's definition. The only way these women would ever become a size 2 is through surgery or an eating disorder.

Whatever it takes! There's a marriage on the line! Also running is very UN-lady like and ballroom dancing- might as well be a prostitute! Don't you know?

Seriously though, I'm overweight and married. Guess I need a divorce, STAT. But wait, that isn't allowed, so now what? I stop eating....gotcha.

She really is full of shit. Men who like women are not a monolith, they have a great a range of likes and dislikes as there are female body types, personality types and hair lengths. She does men a disservice as much as she does women.

Dear Lori:

Proverbs 31:30

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Psalm 119:37

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.â€

Jeremiah 4:30

And you, O desolate one, what do you mean that you dress in scarlet, that you adorn yourself with ornaments of gold, that you enlarge your eyes with paint? In vain you beautify yourself. Your lovers despise you; they seek your life.

1 Timothy 4:8 ESV

For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

Ecclesiastes 2:11

Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun.

Hebrews 13:5

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.â€

Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Galatians 5:16-26

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Colossians 3:5

Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Ecclesiastes 6:12

For who knows what is good for man while he lives the few days of his vain life, which he passes like a shadow? For who can tell man what will be after him under the sun?

Ecclesiastes 1:2

Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, vanity of vanities! All is vanity.

2 Peter 2:18

For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error.

John 8:32

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.â€

Romans 12:1

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Romans 2:1-4

Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?.

Job 4:8

As I have seen, those who plow iniquity and sow trouble reap the same

1 Timothy 6:20

O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,â€

Ecclesiastes 11:9-10

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes. But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment. Remove vexation from your heart, and put away pain from your body, for youth and the dawn of life are vanity.

Ephesians 4:17

Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds.

1 Timothy 1:6

Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion,

2 Kings 9:30

When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it. And she painted her eyes and adorned her head and looked out of the window.

When I met my husband I weighed less that 100 lbs. I am now a size 12. I have never been a fancy dresser (jeans, sweatshirt, white Ked's). I wear make-up, but he actually tells me he thinks I am pretty without it. He hates fake. He also realizes that I dress for ME not HIM. And he likes it. He would pity a man with a mindless wife or one who married for looks. He married a woman, not a robot. He wants a partner, not a trophy. He is not great with housework, but does all of the outdoor work and most of the cooking. He has been involved with child care since our babies were born and has coached their soccer teams for 6 years.

Flip side: He is losing his hair and has gained a few lbs. And I think he's more attractive than he was the day I met him. He's worked hard for our family, and I've seen him sit up many a night to rock a baby back to sleep. He's up every Sat. and Sun. morning to make a big family breakfast for us. He will often pipe up and say the very thing I am thinking, and sometimes I swear he can read my mind. It's because he knows me - he listens to me. He thinks I am smart (even though I don't feel it) and he tells me so. I am sorry that Lori can't relate to that. It must really suck to be her.

Dressing up, losing weight and attracting a man like Ken or Cabinetman? Perish the thought....

Of course, it goes without saying that if the headship turns into a lazy slug with a beer gut that needs its own zip code, little wifey should just shut the fuck up since HIS issues are probably HER fault anyway because whatever she was doing was WRONG and she drove him to it.

Not that one spouse should ever get all judgey about the other spouse's weight and appearance, but that doesn't matter to fuckwits like Lori.

So, the first time Mr. Womb saw me in makeup was the day before our wedding, at a family dinner we hosted. Lori would, unquestionably, consider me "fat". My wardrobe tends towards the jeans and a cotton shirt look, although I'm not a fan of the boxy t-shirt. And yet, Mr. Womb adores me, treats me like a queen.

And Lori, how is she treated?

At this point, it seems clear that Lori degrades other women (or lets the voice of some dudebro degrade other women on her behalf) because it's the only way she can feel good about herself.

Degrade and insult all you want, Lori. I KNOW my worth. And I hope every woman outside of your narrow view of beauty knows hers, too.

I have been on many diets, been an active gym member, had a personal trainer, mostly live on boneless skinless chicken breast measured out in 3 oz portions, salads with diet dressing and green veggies, with the occasional half cup of white rice or the odd half baked potato. OH, and eggbeaters for breakfast. And I am overweight. I am less overweight than I once was, but still obese.

And, yes, Lorri, I've been married for 35 years this summer. Unlike Lorri, my husband and I have always got along very well. We've had lots and lots of mutually satisfying sex. We have lots of laughs. We are egalitarian in our marriage and never had the conflict Lorri puts up as a strawman from time to time. Both he and I are feminists. And, he would never complain about what a miserable marriage we had, as Ken has been known to do.

Lorri, you mentioned men like young women. YOu are not getting any younger, so maybe Ken has been noticing that in you. YOu had better hop on the get younger train, or he might dump your aging ass for someone who he doesn't have the bad memories with. Or, maybe he encourages your homeopathic healing ideas hoping you'll die so he can find someone he likes better... younger, less bitchy, more obedient.

And have a good day.

And as a special aside. Marrying isn't the end all and be all. Many happy people are never married, and I know countless women my age and a bit older who are very happy divorced, widowed or never married and have zero interest in marrying again--and yet many of them are very thin, trim and healthy, because that is their body type. They may or may not date, but they like their lives, their work, their homes and their freedom. Not one of the women I know would look twice at someone with the personality of Ken. If one ended up going out on a date with someone like Ken and his real self showed up on the date-- well, let's just say the laughter and mocking of him at girls night out would be intense.

I am not a religious person, but I do often pray that Lori loses internet access and her computer blows up.

What an asshole. No one is off limits with her hatred. She is such a miserable person, and she wants to make sure everyone is miserable too by her constant trolling and need for attention.

Telling women that they are the problem IS THE PROBLEM.

Fuck her. Someone comfortable in their own skin is a beautiful thing. That's what really attracts me to people. When they like themselves.

The first time, and every time since, I saw a NO FAT CHICKS bumpersticker, I thought, "Riiiight, because you are the epitome of manly chiseled-ness."

I say, if you have to tell somebody you won't accept them, you're obviously pretty unattractive yourself, because you think unattractive* people will try to approach you.

(*"unattractive" being an extremely subjective adjective)

What a moron.

As evidenced by this topic and the previous one about her, she knows fuck all about unconditional love or anything else for that matter. My husband married me nearly 20 years ago at my highest weight. I was morbidly obese and he was average build. Now I'm a good deal smaller and he's larger and neither of us care!

She can shut up now.

It is funny to me because Lori is not pretty. At all. And women who are truly beautiful don't need to spew rubbish.

We have a friend who married for image. She was thin, pretty, much younger than he was. Guess who’s getting divorced this year. On paper, they made it 6 years, but in reality, the marriage was over before it began. We watched them implode on the aisle to the altar. Kind of funny in a train wreck sort of way.

I know that this post shouldn't bother me, since this lady is crazy, but it does. I am overweight by standards and I have been judged by that, but what hurts the most is that this women calls herself a Christian and is writing this. Well guess what Lori: I AM WHO I AM AND I'M NOT GOING TO CHANGE FOR A MAN NO MATTER WHAT!

Everyone has made good points but does Lori not realize that women have physical attributes that they find attractive also? Why doesn't she tell the unmarried men in the manosphere to work on their abs or shave their chest hair? Oh wait, I know...women who are mainly attracted to young, good looking men are shallow jerks who hurt poor, 'nice' guys feelings. The problem is that if it is okay to tell women to lose a few pounds, put on some makeup and act like vapid air heads to get a man, it is okay to tell men that they should focus on their appearance and agreeableness to win women.

In reality there is a wide range of attributes that attract people to one another. Even if an individual is drawn to a certain physical build or hair color, that person can fall for someone who doesn't match their physical ideal because of personality or intelligence.

Everyone has made good points but does Lori not realize that women have physical attributes that they find attractive also? Why doesn't she tell the unmarried men in the manosphere to work on their abs or shave their chest hair? Oh wait, I know...women who are mainly attracted to young, good looking men are shallow jerks who hurt poor, 'nice' guys feelings. The problem is that if it is okay to tell women to lose a few pounds, put on some makeup and act like vapid air heads to get a man, it is okay to tell men that they should focus on their appearance and agreeableness to win women.

In reality there is a wide range of attributes that attract people to one another. Even if an individual is drawn to a certain physical build or hair color, that person can fall for someone who doesn't match their physical ideal because of personality or intelligence.

I was thinking the same things too, but Lori doesn't think deeply about the viewpoints of women.

Archived