IGNORED

Lance Seppi engaged

NotALoserLikeYou

My sister got married on Easter Saturday. I thought it was the oddest thing, because she was fairly religious. Only upside is that it's not Easter Saturday every year for their anniversary.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess would be Roe vs Wade.

That was my first thought as well.

Margaret Sanger was just denigrated by Swanson, so I think we're correct.

I'm skimming through the wedding video now. That man swaying back and forth looks like a psychopath. He's crazy. I never saw anything like this in my life at a wedding. My mouth is wide open. You don't jump around the stage in a fit of rage yelling "Why, why, why do the tyrants want to kill the baby" at a wedding. My hand is actually over my mouth and I am gasping.

I don't.

You don't.

Kevin Swanson, on the other hand . . .

:angry-banghead:

Really, the man is such a charmer -- the ideal wedding speaker :roll: :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/1 ... 48572.html

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... n-kids-gay

Billy+Idol1-e1343315705667.jpg

Hey little Seppi, what have you done?

Hey little Seppi, where’s the Fiber One?

Hey little Seppi, eat your vegetables

Hey little Seppi, so delectable

Hey little Seppi, SWANSON!

It's a nice day to fart again

It's a nice day for a white wedding

Hey little Seppi, what is it you eat?

Hey little Seppi, why you hate the meat?

Hey little Seppi, Swanson (oh yeah)

Hey little Seppi, who's your preacher man?

It's a nice day to fart again (come on)

It's a nice day to fart again.

Pick it up! Take me back homeschool!

I honestly thought Christians couldn't get married during Lent, and *especially* during Holy Week.

Or is that just a Catholic thing?

I don't know if any of the liturgical churches (Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Episcopal, Lutherans) absolutely forbid weddings during Lent, but I think they might be frowned on. The joyfulness of a wedding is not quite in keeping with the spirit of Lent.

AreteJo, where are you when we need you? (I know; she'd getting ready for Pascha.)

Lance is so creeeeepy and gross. I am hoping they skip the wedding night....

I know I already said it and no need to say it again, but I just can't get over the fact that it wasn't even a lawful marriage. I have no problem with those that choose commitment ceremonies, but hell. If you're going to call it a wedding, GET MARRIED. And yes, that means signing the marriage license and not some crazy non-legal "covenant."

I'm skimming through the wedding video now. That man swaying back and forth looks like a psychopath. He's crazy. I never saw anything like this in my life at a wedding. My mouth is wide open. You don't jump around the stage in a fit of rage yelling "Why, why, why do the tyrants want to kill the baby" at a wedding. My hand is actually over my mouth and I am gasping. The girl said she didn't have butterflies. She didn't fall in love with him. She hardly knows him. What kind of parent allows this craziness? I'm not too familiar with the Seppi's. Are they slow?

This sounds like the worst, most trainwrecky wedding ever.

I would hate to attend something like that.

I could live with a wedding where the bride's drunk aunt causes a fight at the reception, or really tacky dresses, or the best man deciding now was the best time to declare his love for the bride, the groom's creepy cousin hitting on bridesmaids, a bridezilla, uninvited guests who cause trouble.....every aspect of tacky trainwreck wedding, over this boring crap.

Technically, this wasn't a wedding. It was a transfer of authority. The young woman was turned over to Lance Seppi. She is now his. It wasn't about love, sharing a life, partnership and commitment to each other. It was entirely about a female being handed over to a male who will now dictate and control her life. It's about putting two parts together to make babies.

And because fundies have one track minds, they didn't need no state license and no legal statement on the transfer. They only needed two willing people - mostly, just one willing female. God said so.

When the so called ceremony is used to preach about the downfall of society, diabetes and vegetables, it's a ruse.

They could have saved everyone the trouble and just put the two in bed together, watched them consummate, and declared them married.

Technically, this wasn't a wedding. It was a transfer of authority. The young woman was turned over to Lance Seppi. She is now his. It wasn't about love, sharing a life, partnership and commitment to each other. It was entirely about a female being handed over to a male who will now dictate and control her life. It's about putting two parts together to make babies.

And because fundies have one track minds, they didn't need no state license and no legal statement on the transfer. They only needed two willing people - mostly, just one willing female. God said so.

When the so called ceremony is used to preach about the downfall of society, diabetes and vegetables, it's a ruse.

They could have saved everyone the trouble and just put the two in bed together, watched them consummate, and declared them married.

:D

ZkVgUlZ.jpg

Just providing the next line -- don't mind me.

I just skimmed and God that was awful; imagine having your wedding being a combo of political/right-to-life rally/quack infomercial.

Do these people really not legally marry (i.e. fill in the paperwork)?

:worship:

A "like" just wasn't enough.

Did Kevin Swanson really say that his dad went to the libraries and took a black marker to the words "gosh" darn it" and "all to heck" so the kids couldn't see god's name taken in vain?? At the LIBRARY?? :shock:

It is at about 1:46 into the video

Did Kevin Swanson really say that his dad went to the libraries and took a black marker to the words "gosh" darn it" and "all to heck" so the kids couldn't see god's name taken in vain?? At the LIBRARY?? :shock:

It is at about 1:46 into the video

He said "in our libraries," so it's hard to know whether he meant at home or the public library.

Asshole move, in either case.

I don't get why these couples wouldn't want the governmental benefit of a legal marriage. Tax breaks are so much better for married. Plus, if Lance ever had insurance through an employer, wouldn't they want to be legally married so sh could be on his insurance plan???

I don't get why these couples wouldn't want the governmental benefit of a legal marriage. Tax breaks are so much better for married. Plus, if Lance ever had insurance through an employer, wouldn't they want to be legally married so sh could be on his insurance plan???

Actually not so much. There are benefits of being married, don't get me wrong. But a small number of married couples benefit from the tax break of being married. My husband and I would do much better if we were single.

They probably don't have insurance. Many of these fundy groups believe that having insurance shows a lack of faith in God.

Billy+Idol1-e1343315705667.jpg

Best. Post. Ever.

Open mic during the reception = noooooo! I have been to fundie weddings where this was done. It's miserable.

(also, the bride did look genuinely happy when she walked by the camera...so that's good)

If I'd just sat through that service I'd be looking pretty happy it was over, too!!

Archived