IGNORED

Lance Seppi engaged

NotALoserLikeYou

Oh oh - the feed stopped. Maybe the cameraman collapsed from boredom.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bride and groom stood up -- could there be an actual wedding ceremony coming?

She asked "Is everyone here?" :lol: Maybe she saw people leaving during all of the boring/unpleasant shit.

Bride's vows -- lots of submission and kowtowing to the groom.

It's almost 1:30pm Pacific time - this thing has been going on since 11am, and they're just now getting around to the vows. I could never make it in their world - I'd need to pee halfway through the ceremony! :lol:

ETA: "Sturdy Christian Womanhood" = "Has Large Bladder of Steel."

OMFG. I had this on mute for awhile...but just turned the sound on for a second...Yikes. What are they doing now? Signing some document?

This is such a weird wedding...

Eta: WOoo! post #50 - I have officially kissed dating goodbye.

ETA: "My sons gon' be a man now. please assist him."

OMG! Keep divorce far from them? Who talks prays like this at a freaking wedding?

Was she allowed to say anything in the vows? Did I miss that part?

OMFG. I had this on mute for awhile...but just turned the sound on for a second...Yikes. What are they doing now? Signing some document?

This is such a weird wedding...

It must be . . . .(insert dramatic music here) The Covenant!

The groom sounded like he was marrying Jesus for a while there, and the ideas of children being arrows to fire at the enemy and needing to convert everyone they encounter are always distasteful, but at least he also said his body now belongs to her now, as she said of him.

Christ on a cracker. I need to go to the grocery store and I'm trapped in covenant wedding hell. Why can't I just walk away?

I want to see that special first kiss, that's why. I never even imaged I'd be sitting here for almost 3 hours.

Clearly, I need more of a life if I can give up this much time to the Seppis.

They're all milling about up on that stage. It looks like a very badly-directed high school play.

Oooooh, do they know that evil Episcopalians sing that hymn? Tsk, tsk -- way too mainstream, folks.

What the hell? I saw the ostrich neck flex up and down, but no kiss. Do covenant marriages not include that first glorious kiss or did I miss that too? The feed kept skipping.

That took three hours!! I'm so glad Mr. MtL and I got married in court - short, sweet, to the point, and no one got bored half to death.

Everyone is welcome to offer "a word of encouragement or exhortation" to the bride and groom at the lunch reception. Not congratulations, joy at their being together, nope -- more lectures. :evil-eye:

The mother of the bride (I think) and someone in the front row were women who were not fundie-deprivation-slender. I wonder if the little lecture about obese Americans, diabetes, vegetables and self-control were aimed at them and others in the new branch of the family. :evil-eye:

ETA -- sophrosyne, they are having vegetables with no animal fat, and exhortations, of course!

Open mic during the reception = noooooo! I have been to fundie weddings where this was done. It's miserable.

(also, the bride did look genuinely happy when she walked by the camera...so that's good)

ETA -- sophrosyne, they are having vegetables with no animal fat, and exhortations, of course!

Ah, yes! And probably only cruciferous veggies alongside those exhortations! Thank you, Thoughtful!

Ah, yes! And probably only cruciferous veggies alongside those exhortations!

Amen.

Why the hell is someone talking about diabetes at a wedding?

And also, who gets married the day before Easter?

I honestly thought Christians couldn't get married during Lent, and *especially* during Holy Week.

Or is that just a Catholic thing?

OMG. This wedding. I had to click through. I could not suffer watching all of it. Of course it had all of the typical fundie/quiverfull cliches: Helpmeet/helpmate, leaving your family size up to god, submitting to your husband, being a meek and humble spirit, raising your children up in the ways of the lord, etc. I completely agree with the person who said it was like a badly-directed high school play.

Man am I glad that I was not born into such a family. It occurs to me daily, as I read on FJ, how lucky I was to be born into a family who lets me be who I am. Oppressive, these people are.

So WTF happened 40 years ago that changed the Eden-in-the-making that was the US into the terrible place it is today?

My guess would be Roe vs Wade.

My guess would be Roe vs Wade.

That was actually my first guess, but I did the math wrong, so I posted "got me." You're right, it was about 42 years ago.

That was actually my first guess, but I did the math wrong, so I posted "got me." You're right, it was about 42 years ago.

Thanks - that makes sense.

Thanks - that makes sense.

Hope you were thanking JenJ1978, not me, since I misremembered the date and subtracted incorrectly! :lol:

I didn't go to the SOTDRT, but I have one of those brains that loves words and hates numbers. :embarrassed:

I'm skimming through the wedding video now. That man swaying back and forth looks like a psychopath. He's crazy. I never saw anything like this in my life at a wedding. My mouth is wide open. You don't jump around the stage in a fit of rage yelling "Why, why, why do the tyrants want to kill the baby" at a wedding. My hand is actually over my mouth and I am gasping. The girl said she didn't have butterflies. She didn't fall in love with him. She hardly knows him. What kind of parent allows this craziness? I'm not too familiar with the Seppi's. Are they slow?

Archived