IGNORED

Candace Cameron Bure on submissiveness

16strong

So Candace Cameron Bure was on Rachel Ray this morning and Rachael starts telling Candace how she's submissive in her marriage because she likes to treat her husband like a big, strong man and makes dinner for him every night. I think I may go puke now. I wish someone would buy Rachael a dictionary because cooking dinner for your husband doesn't make you submissive, especially since Candace said her husband cooks dinner in their house. It's sad that Rachael has given this crazy belief system more air time and validation than it deserves just because she was once Full House fan.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always found Rachel Ray annoying at best, and never watch her. Now I see I was correct.

Gag me with a spoon. Isn't Rachel Italian? Italian families are matriarchal, at least mine was...

I think she's at least part Italian, but it drives me nuts because she clearly has no idea what she's saying. She's about as submissive as toe fungus. Some how I doubt her hubby is in charge of the finances and leading their way in the world. I wonder what she would think if she actually understood what Candace Cameron Bure really believes.

wait, so I'm submissive now because I made lunch while Mr. Dawbs was snowblowing? Een though I"m 'primary breadwinner'?

fuck.

I'm going to have to skip making dinner to break out of the patriarchy.

Courtney over at Women Living Well is talking about how Candace is getting destroyed by the media blah blah blah. She hung out with her one time and I guess that makes Candace one of her besties or something :roll:

so we're all supposed to be martyrs for Jesus? I don't recall signing up for any of this shit.

That whore Eve. She ruined it for us all.

I certainly don't agree with Candace's version of submissiveness.It sounds more like she is using religion as a means to cope with an overbearing hub.

Marriage is based on friendship and respect.Any good counselor will tell you that.

That means that you talk about things together and makes decisions together.It's not all about the hub running over the wife in all areas.

So am I going to martyr myself in this respect? No.

I don't even think she looked chubby... Well, maybe by Hollywood standards, but then, Hollywood standards are ridiculous.

To me Candace looks more like she's not meant to be stick thin. There's nothin wrong with being stick thin as long as a person is otherwise healthy, but there's nothing wrong with not being stick thin either. Jeez, some people.

She was round-faced and the fashions at the time were bulky, and she was always hanging out with the more "stick thin" Andrea Barber.

Candace was just on Watch What Happens Live! on Bravo. She wasn't one for the whole show, though. Bob Sager, Dave Coulier and John Stamos were the main guests.

The more I learn about Kirk the less I like him. I feel privileged to have never come across him in person. I hope my luck holds out.

Gag me with a spoon. Isn't Rachel Italian? Italian families are matriarchal, at least mine was...

For me her biggest sin has always been that she can't cook. Seriously, her recipes are crap, and she has no creative flair with food.

I have known a lot of Italian-American matriarchs in my life and if they can pass for submissive, I can pass for Sophia Loren.

Archived