IGNORED

Candace Cameron Bure on submissiveness

16strong

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yepperz Kirk reeled her in too. Oh well I always liked Kimmie Gibbler better.

Yepperz Kirk reeled her in too. Oh well I always liked Kimmie Gibbler better.

I always liked Kimmy too. I identified with her weirdness.

And Uncle Jessie. Mmmmm, uncle Jessie...

Okay, maybe I'm completely dense, but I didn't realize until I read this that she and Kirk Cameron were siblings. Although it made me do the "that explains a lot" head nod once the article said that.

It's so frustrating to hear "different but still totally equal" again and again. Because "separate yet equal" totally worked out in the past. :roll:

(edited for wrong smiley)

Does anyone know what denomination, if any, or groups Candace Cameron Bure is affiliated with? We know that Kirk has hung out with VF and the Duggars, but who does Bure associate with? Does she homeschool?

Rather sad that Candace doesn't believe her husband is capable of working through adult issues in a marriage where both partners should be equal. Or perhaps he honestly believes she should be submitting to him?

If you, as a man, are so emotionally fragile that being able to function on a day-to-day basis requires that women allow you to treat them as doormats, then you have no business considering yourself a functioning adult, much less a conservative patriarch in a position of dominance. What you require instead is plenty of therapy, with a possible side of medication.

Or, such men that refuse professional help could instead be outfitted with an adult diaper, a binky (pacifier), and a bottle. Because conservative Christian patriarchs clearly cannot function on an adult level, and need to be infantilized instead.

Does anyone know what denomination, if any, or groups Candace Cameron Bure is affiliated with? We know that Kirk has hung out with VF and the Duggars, but who does Bure associate with? Does she homeschool?

Her kids go to private Christian school but I'd have to look around to find the church. I know they play contemporary Christian music because she's posted videos of her daughter singing there. Not hymns.

Okay, maybe I'm completely dense, but I didn't realize until I read this that she and Kirk Cameron were siblings. Although it made me do the "that explains a lot" head nod once the article said that.

It's so frustrating to hear "different but still totally equal" again and again. Because "separate yet equal" totally worked out in the past. :roll:

(edited for wrong smiley)

They were the first actors that I realized were related, as a kid. It was a revelation to me, the idea that actors know each other and have families and shit, and sometimes their families might contain other actors!

Oh, I was such a fan, and I just don't know how it all went wrong...!

She's also a fan of the Pearls:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15170

Yup a fan asked her for a good marriage book and she spouted Debi Pearls Created to be his helpmeet

I called her homophobic once after her photo in chik fil a and she got all handslappy

She's also a fan of the Pearls:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15170

Ick, I guess that says it all. As if I needed more confirmation, I went to her web page, which has a "Testimony" and "Statement of Beliefs." She says that reading the "Left Behind" series changed her life. I suppose this sounds elitist, but to me anyone who could be impressed by that series or "The Way of the Master" has to be incredibly simple-minded. They're not Dante's "Inferno" or Milton's "Paradise Lost" by any means. It's like how teenage Michelle was spooked into being a Christian because of a low-budget Christian apocalyptic movie.

She needs to spend less time around her brother, the Pearls, etc... and hang out with Saget more.

This might sound like an obnoxious/stupid question, but could her husband's ideology be based on his heritage? Isn't he from somewhere in the Ukraine?

This might sound like an obnoxious/stupid question, but could her husband's ideology be based on his heritage? Isn't he from somewhere in the Ukraine?

Russian. Yep.

her daughter looks like a mini her.

I don't remember where I heard this but I think she was a proponent of hot saucing kids' tongues when they back talked or were sassy. I think that was her any way. I was bummed as a young mom when I heard that because I loved Full House when I was a kid.

I don't remember where I heard this but I think she was a proponent of hot saucing kids' tongues when they back talked or were sassy. I think that was her any way. I was bummed as a young mom when I heard that because I loved Full House when I was a kid.

I think that was Lisa whechel (sp) aka Blaire from facts of life

I though that was Lisa wlechel from facts of life?

I though that was Lisa wlechel from facts of life?

I was thinking of her, too. She is the one who wrote Creative Correction. It is another manual of horrible things to do to your children. :pull-hair:

I have been wondering about that stuff too and I vaguely remember hearing somewhere about her homeschooling, but I could be confusing her with someone else.

Rather sad that Candace doesn't believe her husband is capable of working through adult issues in a marriage where both partners should be equal. Or perhaps he honestly believes she should be submitting to him?

If you, as a man, are so emotionally fragile that being able to function on a day-to-day basis requires that women allow you to treat them as doormats, then you have no business considering yourself a functioning adult, much less a conservative patriarch in a position of dominance. What you require instead is plenty of therapy, with a possible side of medication.

Or, such men that refuse professional help could instead be outfitted with an adult diaper, a binky (pacifier), and a bottle. Because conservative Christian patriarchs clearly cannot function on an adult level, and need to be infantilized instead.

This reminds me of how my 11 year old son treats his 3 year old sister. He agrees with everything she says even if it's totally wrong just so she won't be upset. If she wants something, he gets it for her. Of course, we're trying to teach them both that it's OK for the 3 year old to be upset occasionally and she shouldn't get everything she wants right away. Hopefully she'll grow out of it by 4 (the others did). Sad the fundie men don't...

Archived