IGNORED

Candace Cameron Bure on submissiveness

16strong

She attends "a non denominational Calvary chapel"

Ugh!!! Calvary Chapel explains a lot.

eta: Is Candace or Lisa the one who basically wasn't in love with her husband when they married? They'd met in Sunday School class and she only married him because someone (the pastor?) told her it was god's will for them to be married.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh!!! Calvary Chapel explains a lot.

eta: Is Candace or Lisa the one who basically wasn't in love with her husband when they married? They'd met in Sunday School class and she only married him because someone (the pastor?) told her it was god's will for them to be married.

I believe that was Lisa. I think they are divorced now, so there goes the God's will stuff.

I read that Candace met Val on the set of Full House when the actor who played Joey (I think that was his name on the show), who is a big hockey fan, brought him to the set.

Ick, I guess that says it all. As if I needed more confirmation, I went to her web page, which has a "Testimony" and "Statement of Beliefs." She says that reading the "Left Behind" series changed her life. I suppose this sounds elitist, but to me anyone who could be impressed by that series or "The Way of the Master" has to be incredibly simple-minded. They're not Dante's "Inferno" or Milton's "Paradise Lost" by any means. It's like how teenage Michelle was spooked into being a Christian because of a low-budget Christian apocalyptic movie.

Left Behind changed her life?! :lol: That series was soooooo bad. It got pretty obvious that the writers were trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the series and cared more about selling more books than the quality of their writing.

Courtney from Women Living Well has hung out with Candace and is always promoting her new books. She has a brand new one out right now. Courtney mentioned the section where she agrees with Candace and the need for frequent sex to make your husband happy :roll:

Left Behind changed her life?! :lol: That series was soooooo bad. It got pretty obvious that the writers were trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the series and cared more about selling more books than the quality of their writing.

Steve and Teri Maxwell were reading the Left Behind series to each other in bed, but Steve put a stop to it cause they were enjoying it too much and should have been reading the bible instead.

Steve and Teri Maxwell were reading the Left Behind series to each other in bed, but Steve put a stop to it cause they were enjoying it too much and should have been reading the bible instead.

Is that sarcasm or reality. Sadly, I can't tell.

I didn't know her and Kirk were related. I also grew up (being born in 1990) watching Full House.

Her situation seems different since she has shown her knees and is wearing pants. Like what she is saying is more of a choice.

But who knows with those crazy Camerons?

I didn't know her and Kirk were related. I also grew up (being born in 1990) watching Full House.

Her situation seems different since she has shown her knees and is wearing pants. Like what she is saying is more of a choice.

But who knows with those crazy Camerons?

Those things don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. When I was married to an emotionally abusive asshole who used religion and the wifely submission thing on me, I wore pants and skirts above my knees. And I spouted a lot of fucked up shit, too. I was pretty convincing sometimes and probably looked like it was all my choice. What happened in our home, however, was nothing short of horrifying.

Shut up, DJ Tanner. Being a child star from the 80s clinging to your last remaining tendrils of nostalgic fame from a crappy sitcom does not qualify you to tell other people how to live or run their relationships. That includes you, Mike Seaver. Go away.

She posted a pic today on instagram in her workout clothes flexing her biceps saying, "does this look like weakness? People shouldn't talk about what they don't know."

I remember being really sad when I found out what happened to Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) in the years after full house.

I'm even more disappointed in DJ. At least "Stephanie" went to rehab and eventually got better.

Did anyone else catch this little bit?:

Her brother, Kirk Cameron, is also a 90s child star - having appeared on the hit show Growing Pains.

Kirk has since evolved into an serious evangelist and has spoken at the conservative CPAC summit.

I wonder if they wrote it like that on purpose. :lol:

Did anyone else catch this little bit?:

I wonder if they wrote it like that on purpose. :lol:

Of course he didn't, he was intelligently designed as a former child star turned evangelist when God shaped him in his mother's womb.

She posted a pic today on instagram in her workout clothes flexing her biceps saying, "does this look like weakness? People shouldn't talk about what they don't know."

Why on earth would she think that physical aptitude has anything whatsoever to do with her religious beliefs? The two have nothing to do with one another.

Is it too much to hope that her reply was based on people crticizing her workout regiment?

Why on earth would she think that physical aptitude has anything whatsoever to do with her religious beliefs? The two have nothing to do with one another.

Is it too much to hope that her reply was based on people crticizing her workout regiment?

I wouldn't count on it, honestly. These type of right-wing people don't seem to be big on logic.

I remember being really sad when I found out what happened to Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) in the years after full house.

I'm even more disappointed in DJ. At least "Stephanie" went to rehab and eventually got better.

And Mary Kate and Ashley ended up fashion designers and millionaires.

I am reminded of Elisabeth Hasselbeck spouting on The View (Disclaimer: I was home sick) She was just so full of herself being a full-time mother and married to her big strong guy etc. She just couldn't understand why women were so...so.. pushy about equal rights and stuff. This whole "I'm a good wifey" bit may be working for Candace right now because she is still young and has her looks and a few bucks in the bank. The flip side, if I may, is that these guys may feel that since they are the leaders, they can do whatever they want with impunity. This may not work out so well for Candace in a few years when she isn't quite so cute and the kids are grown and out of the house. I don't wish crap on anybody but I think these gals should have their eyes open and their heads on straight. It is exceedingly stupid to believe that, if you follow a certain path and do X, Y, and Z, nothing bad will ever happen to you and the sun will forever shine from your arse.

I find it funny that she's whining about people criticizing her marriage and beliefs. Sorry, honey. You're the one that chose to write a book about your marriage and beliefs. If you put it out in the public, then someone somewhere is going to disagree with you. They have a right to express their opinions. If you didn't want people criticizing your marital advice, you should have kept it to yourself.

There's nothing that irks me more than people who make their private lives public and then bitch and moan when someone disagrees or criticizes it. Keep your private life private and you won't have to hear anyone's opinions on it. I've survived 39 years just fine without writing a book about my life or participating in a stupid reality tv show about it. It is possible to keep your personal business to yourself.

I find it funny that she's whining about people criticizing her marriage and beliefs. Sorry, honey. You're the one that chose to write a book about your marriage and beliefs. If you put it out in the public, then someone somewhere is going to disagree with you. They have a right to express their opinions. If you didn't want people criticizing your marital advice, you should have kept it to yourself.

There's nothing that irks me more than people who make their private lives public and then bitch and moan when someone disagrees or criticizes it. Keep your private life private and you won't have to hear anyone's opinions on it. I've survived 39 years just fine without writing a book about my life or participating in a stupid reality tv show about it. It is possible to keep your personal business to yourself.

You think she'd be used to commentary - I remember people were even snotty when she was on Full House, calling her fat

Archived