IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

"Sarah" posting in the comments of Jen's Gems wrote that one of the Botkinettes is in a courtship. No other details, and there is a wiff of troll to her posts.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't men have to pay to be a member of BRADRICK!? I wonder if he issued refunds. Or if anyone actually joined.

IIRC (and I may not be) the male half of the Loomii joined and paid the full grand.

"Sarah" posting in the comments of Jen's Gems wrote that one of the Botkinettes is in a courtship. No other details, and there is a wiff of troll to her posts.

When winged pigs are playing ice hockey in hell, maybe...

I don't believe that for a second. I don't think Petey would leave Scottie and I don't think Kelly would leave her mom unless there were very dire circumstances. Ought to be interesting how that comes to the surface, if true.

Think it's possible. Peter's father Michael mentioned the following on his FB page:

"Thank You so very much for all of the wonderful Birthday blessings. It was a very blessed day! Peter, Kelly, and family arrived last night, so the day was filled with lots of sweet birthday blessings both large and very small !!!"

Think it's possible. Peter's father Michael mentioned the following on his FB page:

"Thank You so very much for all of the wonderful Birthday blessings. It was a very blessed day! Peter, Kelly, and family arrived last night, so the day was filled with lots of sweet birthday blessings both large and very small !!!"

Wow, that's going to be a huge change for Kelly. Washington state is not the Southeast.

Bradrick! Is in Washington? Between Sippy & Mark Driscoll, I bet the douche fumes over there are quite thick. My condolences, kind folk of Washington.

ETA: I'd pay money to watch a manliest man contest between Bradrick & Driscoll.

You are absolutely correct! My memory cut off a zero because I didn't think JP was worth that much. :lol:

So a few years ago VFM (non-profit) bought Jonathan Park from VFI (for-profit) for more than 6 X what it is deemed to be worth today in the liquidation of assets! I'm assuming that it has to be sold at fair market value.

Wow. I always said the JP transfer was as fishy as hell. Nice profit, Dougie-boy!

I think $100k is the minimum down payment necessary to purchase the JP project. I'm watching the Fundable page with interest.

I listened to 8 volumes (96 episodes) of the JP series and wrote reviews for them. The stories are interesting (although very far-fetched and over-the-top), but very poor on the 'science'.

If Bradrick! & Kelly + kids are home with his parents, I'm sorry for those kids.

Here's some of Susan Bradrick's advice on child-rearing (familydiscipleshipmin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/teaching-toddlers-to-sit-still.pdf):

Teach your infant to lie still without rolling around on the changing table by showing him what you want him to do, reproving him firmly but gently for several time when he doesn’t (and he won’t!), and then soundly swatting his conveniently bare little bottom several times to show him that he must obey your words. If you are consistent, he will soon get the picture and learn that during diapering I may not do what I want when I want to do it. I must lie still and quiet.

Another right bitch, like Deborah Brown.

Bradrick! Is in Washington? Between Sippy & Mark Driscoll, I bet the douche fumes over there are quite thick. My condolences, kind folk of Washington.

ETA: I'd pay money to watch a manliest man contest between Bradrick & Driscoll.

Yes, we in the Pacific Northwest have no shortage of fundie whackjobs. (My spell checker tried determinedly to correct 'fundie' to 'fun die'….coincidence? I think not!)

Julie Anne (spiritualsoundingboard.com) got sued by her pastor two years ago over 'defamatory' comments she made about his abusive church, and has since become a force to be reckoned with in the anti-patriarchal-abuse movement. It's always encouraging when we see really great folks seeking truth like Julie Anne does, coming out of these environments. Pastor is still teaching, unfortunately :/

Driscoll is apparently going to be partnering with a local college-- spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/12/26/mark-driscolls-mars-hill-bellevue-campus-to-host-university-classes-in-fall-of-2014/

And, to be even more off-topic, The Wartburg Watch is reporting some strange doings, related to a doctor that Driscoll recommended ( thewartburgwatch.com/2014/02/03/mark-driscoll-and-the-naturopath-just-somebody-that-he-used-to-know/ ) But--does anyone have insights on the relationship (if any) between Driscoll and our VF buddies? Driscoll seems more 'worldly' than the VF crowd would like, and I don't think he endorses homeschooling, but he's got the patriarchy business down pat! I don't think I've heard either party mention the other explicitly but would love to hear others' thoughts on this.

And, to be even more off-topic, The Wartburg Watch is reporting some strange doings, related to a doctor that Driscoll recommended ( thewartburgwatch.com/2014/02/03/mark-driscoll-and-the-naturopath-just-somebody-that-he-used-to-know/ )

Wow. I was reading through the link and the information there is interesting. Have we discussed the dr before? I hope that you don't mind but I think that I will create a thread about him.

If Bradrick! & Kelly + kids are home with his parents, I'm sorry for those kids.

Here's some of Susan Bradrick's advice on child-rearing (familydiscipleshipmin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/teaching-toddlers-to-sit-still.pdf):

Hitting infants. :( I just turned diaper time into a game and learned to change diapers fast.

Hitting infants. :( I just turned diaper time into a game and learned to change diapers fast.

:o OMG. That little gem from Susan Bradrick could apply to dog training the way it's written. Really disgusting.

Children are a blessing from GOD! Let's hit them when they inconvenience us!

I can only hope there really is Karma and if Susan Bradrick should become unable to take care of herself, and her children remember her words and hit her conveniently bare bottom to get her to obey........

OMG. I did this, too, and actually chatted with the baby I was changing and gave him/her a toy to hold. We've been Doin It Rong because we didn't think it worthwhile to get into a power struggle with a baby. Hell, I *know* I have more power than a baby, and feel no need to prove it.

OMG. I did this, too, and actually chatted with the baby I was changing and gave him/her a toy to hold. We've been Doin It Rong because we didn't think it worthwhile to get into a power struggle with a baby. Hell, I *know* I have more power than a baby, and feel no need to prove it.

Exactly. People like Susan Bradrick and Deborah Brown are sickening.

They must also be pretty fucking stupid if they can't figure out how to change a baby's or toddler's diaper without hitting the kid.

I'm beginning to think that quiverfull parents are just looking for reasons to hit or otherwise abuse their kids, because they turn every single adult-child interaction into a power struggle. I'm reminded of Andrea Yates, and how she felt that the fact that her kids sometimes misbehaved in minor ways was proof that she was a bad mother who was leading them all to Hell. Of course, we know how that ended... :(

I'm beginning to think that quiverfull parents are just looking for reasons to hit or otherwise abuse their kids, because they turn every single adult-child interaction into a power struggle. I'm reminded of Andrea Yates, and how she felt that the fact that her kids sometimes misbehaved in minor ways was proof that she was a bad mother who was leading them all to Hell. Of course, we know how that ended... :(

Seriously... :cry:

My take on that is that I don't think the individual parents are necessarily looking for reasons, but the whole culture in fundy-Christian-land is one of adversarial parenting and when parents are actively pitted against their children and children are expected to behave like angels all the time then the logical outcome ends up being that everything the child does that the parent doesn't like or that inconveniences the parents or that looks bad in public = rebellion.

Also, psychology is considered to be evil, which means that knowledge of normal child development is also evil and any statement to the effect of, "He's behaving this way because he's X age (and he'll grow out of it with guidance)." is viewed as an "excuse" for allowing misbehavior. Children, therefore, should be expected to behave like little adults, except even better than little adults because adults still get to lose their tempers and hit other people, but children must be obedient and cheerful regardless of how they feel.

Eventually the children grow up and don't have to repress their feelings any longer and they end up (sometimes) turning into fundy parents who unleash their anger and helpless feelings from their repressed childhood feelings on their own children, thus continuing the cycle of fundy-inspired abuse :doh: Some end up seeking therapy and trying to break the cycle, but continuing the cycle seems to be the path of least resistance, IME.

If you believe that babies are born with sin and wilfulness, then the only way to deal with it is to beat it out of them.

If you believe that babies are born with sin and wilfulness, you shouldn't have babies.

The stupid thing is that the whole sinful nature excuse doesn't even make sense in the Calvinist context. Children are just as sanctified as adults, and should be treated as such. It's just an excuse to continue baby bashing and to justify what I call Convenience Parenting (break them while they're tiny so you don't have to deal with the inconvenience of them having opinions and behaving like real, live people at a later stage). Children are a blessing, as long as they don't need your attention or input. And they say that ppl who want to limit the number of children they have are selfish...

If you believe that babies are born with sin and wilfulness, you shouldn't have babies.

But...but...but... I have to fill my quiver :angry-banghead:

If you believe that babies are born with sin and wilfulness, then the only way to deal with it is to beat it out of them.

I tell you - and I'm not reacting to anybody here, but to this whole "beat it out of them" trope - this is a Chiristianity I've never heard of, and I've lived in Christianity for my whole life.

In traditional, sensible, educated Christianity, we believe there is "original sin," meaning that we're not born perfect, but are in need of saving from the get-go. We see as this saving, Christ's redemptive work.

In the Christianity I know, we firmly believe that infants are way too young to be punished or trained [sic] out of willful [sic] behavior like squirming on the changing table!!!!

How can these people can take a basic, informative, doctrine and turn it into an excuse for infant-beating ? It's beyond me, totally beyond me. Unless it's a sign that they've frickin' lost their minds. Or joined forces with evil to show the religion of joy and peace as a front for baby-beaters. Slow simmering RAGE, people.

Many(most, I think) Christians believe in an age of accountability before which a child is not really able to sin.

I would be curious what extreme fundies consider the definition of sin. Do they think that a person can sin accidentally? I would think that in order to sin, you have to know something is a sin. A person who has never been told that lying is wrong wouldn't be guilty of the sin of lying no matter how dishonest that they were. What kind of god do they worship that would condemn someone based on the fact that they break laws that they don't know exists?

Have we seen this from a Kendra Fletcher yet? Anyone know if she's anyone?

http://www.kendrafletcher.com/kendra-fl ... ips-forgot

From the comments:

I also am friends with some involved in the whole allosaur (sp??) debacle and she's in the process of writing a book about it all. It's quite ugly as well.

Innnnnnteresting.

Archived