IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Winston MacArthur, eh? Hey, let's play a game! Lets make a list of all the situations in which Dougie would find an alias useful. I'll go first:

Craig's List "casual encounters" section (M4F or M4M, doesn't matter).

I'm guessing the IRS.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone who hasn't been booted off wikipedia (for informing the world that Doug Phillips is a tool) who feels like reworking his entry to make it more balanced?. At the moment, it feels like it has been written by a VF leghumper. There is a paragraph headed "Films" that is incomplete-the entry makes it sound far more important than he is and there's not a word about the scandal to do with "Raising the Allosaur".

I'd do it but I have no wikipedia account, and I'm supposed to be working right now.

Stupid question: if VFI sold Jonathan Park to VFM for 60,000 a couple of years ago why is Creationworks of CA asking for $100,000 "MINIMUM Crowdfunding Goal."

Surely the value hasn't increased that much and the product has very limited appeal. Would repackaging and recirculating existing albums cost 40K? Then an extra 50K to fund a new product? Fools and their non-tax deductible money ...

No, VFI sold Jonathan Park to VFM for nearly $671,000 - not $60K.

guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2011/742/984/2011-742984736-08cd5f98-9.pdf (page 22)

The product appeals only to YECs, and mostly YEC home-schooling families.

I am surprised they only need $100K.

Is there anyone who hasn't been booted off wikipedia (for informing the world that Doug Phillips is a tool) who feels like reworking his entry to make it more balanced?. At the moment, it feels like it has been written by a VF leghumper. There is a paragraph headed "Films" that is incomplete-the entry makes it sound far more important than he is and there's not a word about the scandal to do with "Raising the Allosaur".

I'd do it but I have no wikipedia account, and I'm supposed to be working right now.

I'm actually guessing was written byDoug Phillips himself Winston MacArthur.

No, VFI sold Jonathan Park to VFM for nearly $671,000 - not $60K.

guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2011/742/984/2011-742984736-08cd5f98-9.pdf (page 22)

The product appeals only to YECs, and mostly YEC home-schooling families.

I am surprised they only need $100K.

You are absolutely correct! My memory cut off a zero because I didn't think JP was worth that much. :lol:

So a few years ago VFM (non-profit) bought Jonathan Park from VFI (for-profit) for more than 6 X what it is deemed to be worth today in the liquidation of assets! I'm assuming that it has to be sold at fair market value.

Wow. I always said the JP transfer was as fishy as hell. Nice profit, Dougie-boy!

I admit I only skimmed Jen's current article; however, it must somehow connect Ken Ham to the convoluted mess behind the video about the allosaurus. Some of the commenters are not happy with the allegations that Ham knew something

Sarah Says:

February 7, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Here’s my problem with the above accusations. I have a very deep respect for Ken Ham. He is a brilliant man. If even half of what you are saying above was true Ken Ham would have been all over Doug Phillips like dog on meat. He also would have publically discredited Doug Phillps and Vision Forum. He most definitly would not have had a business relationship with Doug and Vision Forum. I feel like in order to believe all you have written above is like saying Ken Ham is an idiot and that I would never believe to be true. Anyway that’s my two cents worth :)

and

T

heretoo4 Says:

February 7, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Ken Ham knew all about Mr. Phillips and the Allosaur mess. AiG sent three of their staff to the site in 2001 who filmed and helped excavate half of the Allosaur six months before Phillips ever got there and claimed that his home school kids found the Allosaur. AiG was originally sponsors of the dig and opted out due to the mess. In 2007 Ken was asked not to promote Mr. Phillips but decided to anyway. Ken Ham knows all about DeRosa

It would be interesting if Doug Phillips downfall also destroys the reputation of some of the more popular creationists 'experts'

I found this name from Jen's Gems latest article. I hadn't heard Strackbein's name and did a google search and thought this was mildly amusing

blog.mysanantonio.com/texas-politics/2011/06/at-least-he-got-a-perry-autograph/

Apparently, Strackbein wanted an antigroping law to be passed and tried to discuss it with Governor Perry

Woo? Think about it, Perry could have been my country's president. Woo indeed. :lol: :?

According to the article Strackbein is in the oil and gas business. I wonder what he does.

He also wrote an article about the Sanctity of Life

thedailyhatch.org/2013/03/16/sanctity-of-life-saturday-article-by-wesley-strackbein-past-failures-and-future-resolves-in-the-battle-for-human-life-includes-video-truth-and-history/

He also uses the strange argument that because children can't be put to death for their father's crimes that rape victims can't get abortions.

Doug Phillips (is a Tool) is a piss poor Constitutional lawyer then. The Supremes found that privacy was IMPLIED in the Constitution and the Amendments (secret ballot, right to join associations, etc.) but I guess if you can't critically think....

Sarah Says:

February 7, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Here’s my problem with the above accusations. I have a very deep respect for Ken Ham. He is a brilliant man. If even half of what you are saying above was true Ken Ham would have been all over Doug Phillips like dog on meat. He also would have publically discredited Doug Phillps and Vision Forum. He most definitly would not have had a business relationship with Doug and Vision Forum. I feel like in order to believe all you have written above is like saying Ken Ham is an idiot and that I would never believe to be true. Anyway that’s my two cents worth :)

Well, she may not be, but I'm OK with that. :D

So Doug made a documentary claiming he and a bunch of homeschool kids found dinosaur bones but it ended up someone else had really found them and just showed Doug where they were? Then there was a lawsuit and the video got pulled. And now it is coming out that Ken Ham new all about it but sided with Doug? Is this the story? I'm not shocked Ken would do that.

Some interesting info, if true, from Jen's Gems:

Humbled by Grace Says:

February 8, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Peter and Kelly have moved to Washington state and are attending church with Peter’s mom and dad.

"It may mean prison and a profound loss of relationships and at the very least, the complete collapse of that pathetic little empire he built apart from the gospel."

Prison? Hmmm...now that's interesting. Any guesses on what crimes he's omitted? I'm going with embezzlement and money laundering, fraud, abuse, rape, or drugs (he looks high in some of the videos). Or more than one of these. Take your pick.

But I thought Peety was going to be in charge of the interns??????

I don't believe that for a second. I don't think Petey would leave Scottie and I don't think Kelly would leave her mom unless there were very dire circumstances. Ought to be interesting how that comes to the surface, if true.

It also appears that BRADRICK! Brotherhood of Protection website is down too. Dammmit! Next to LOLing Dougie, my next favorite hobby was filing out fake help desk tickets to BRADRICK! I'm going to have to start looking into getting a real hobby!

Is the company profile for Petey's dad's business, Bradrick Family Enterprises (available publicly) interesting to anyone but me? He lists himself under business categories (and in this order):

Religious Instruction in Montesano, WA

Religious Organization

All Other Miscellaneous Crop Farming

So, it's a farm, but it's really a religious organization. Hmmm. Tax write-offs much, Michael Bradrick?

www.manta.com/c/mmfttjn/bradrick-family-enterprises

Didn't men have to pay to be a member of BRADRICK!? I wonder if he issued refunds. Or if anyone actually joined.

Petey's parents, Michael and Susan Bradrick, are very involved in the Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington. Michael is currently VP of the Board, per their web page (which has weird coding stuff at the top these days, but scroll down):

christianheritageonline.org/about/meet-the-board/

Their annual conference is scheduled for April 24-26, at Overlake (mega)Church in Redmond WA. Keynote speakers include Scotty Brown, Ken Ham, and RC Sproul Jr. Kelly-Two-Chicken-Breasts Crawford is also listed as a featured speaker.

The Bradricks also have a webpage called Family Discipleship Ministries, familydiscipleshipmin.com/

Weird coding there, too, and some of the info is out of date. Maybe BRADRICK! can fix it for them!!

I don't believe that for a second. I don't think Petey would leave Scottie and I don't think Kelly would leave her mom unless there were very dire circumstances. Ought to be interesting how that comes to the surface, if true.

Some kind of falling out between Scottie and Sippy? Perhaps Bradrick! is too implicated in whatever Doug (Phillips who is a tool) did, and Scottie needs to jettison him to avoid tainting his own reputation, especially if he's trying to create a Vision Forum-esque empire of his own.

I weep for those poor, abandoned interns :cry:

Doug Phillips: in hiding, but still a tool.

A commenter on Jen's Gems claims

Apparently, Doug Phillips sometimes narrates under the name Winston MacArthur

Jurassic Lane has only two houses, neither have sold recently. Local tax rolls are available. Could this be wrong? or is Doug renting again? or is has the new residence been graciously donated by another supporter. It's a swanky neighborhood that's for sure, but it looks like land speculation for McMansions that dried up in the last recession. There are lots of sold lots, but only isolated houses.

Not sure if what was posted on Jen's Gems is real or not. It is definitely weird that both Kelly and Peter closed their facebook pages and BRADRICK! is gone. Something is probably clearly up, but who knows what.

Maybe Peter just needed a fresh start. His hero fell, his business failed, no doubt his FIL conciders him a failure and probably only gave him a job so he could support his family. Maybe he packed it up an moved home to what is familiar to him. And maybe Kelly needed something new too? Who knows.

Archived