IGNORED

SSM and Lori whine about proposals

My husband and I are about the most unromantic people on the planet. There was no proposal, just a mutual decision to get married. We went and bought rings together. I don't even have an engagement ring, just a wedding ring. That's what worked for us. Other couples function differently. Whatever makes you happy, I'm happy for you. I certainly don't expect everyone to follow my lead.

I didn't get a push present either. Of course, I would have been beyond angry if my husband had purchased anything to give to me after the birth. We were pinching pennies pretty hard after the birth and could ill afford to be spending money unnecessarily. Still, I don't begrudge women in better financial situations that experience. Of course, I'm happy with both my marriage and my life. That's the difference between Lori/SSM and me.

In related news Lori's youngest daughter got engaged and her fiancee slipped a special card in a game of Monopoly to start the proposal.

ThisOlGirl wrote:Shitstain's hubby is SOOOO alpha, y'all:

When I asked my husband why he had never given me a push present, he, being a bit of a jerk (but s’okay because chicks dig jerks), said, “I let you carry my babies. That’s enough of a gift for any woman.â€

To think this turd has had sex with dozens of women besides his miserable wife (while being married to said miserable wife, no less). Who are these women????

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "dozens of women" was actually one downtrodden nursing student who had the misfortune to be bullied into sex with HHG. Somehow it's incredibly important for SSM that her husband be desired by millions of women and yet be "bound" to her so I'm guessing a lot of these "conquests" are figments of her imagination.

I personally hate the idea of an over the top, very public proposal. When I see/hear about them, I cringe inside. Part of the reason I am so uncomfortable with the idea is because I am a very private, introverted person and wouldn't know how to react. Even the traditional guy-goes-down-on-one-knee-and-presents-a-ring proposal freaks me out. I would much rather have an engagement happen more organically (the afterglow proposal or even just a mutual decision made after lots of conversations) so I could feel like I was an active participant in the process.

That said, just because I hate watching it doesn't mean that I think no one should get a pre-meditated, thoughtful proposal (even if it is super public and/or mushy). If that is what matches the couple's style, then that is what they should do. It's not like the couple is hurting me with their cheesiness and if it makes them happy, then good for them.

SSM and Lori just come off as being jealous shrews, who have terrible spouses and need to justify their terrible decision to stay with said spouses.

My fiancee and I discussed marriage for a while, and it was a mutual decision. If I do get the engagement ring, it's probably going to be done in private, or when we're with our good friends. One thing I do know for sure is that he would NEVER even think of saying "I let you carry the child, that's enough of a gift" since he treats me as an equal partner.

Archived