IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Whee! Polyamory

happy atheist

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come there are never any other children at these amazing playgrounds when Lauren is there? Does everyone avoid her?

They're all at school. You know, learning math and unnecessary boring soul-sucking stuff like that.

That tick story is terrifying. How can you not take your kid to the doctor when she is experiencing FACIAL PARALYSIS!

Count me as one of the people who doesn't believe "sought medical advice" means that she went to a real doctor.

No kidding. You just don't mess around with that sort of thing. Hello, your 3 year old can't walk and has facial paralysis and you just carry her around everywhere for a couple of weeks and call it the wobblies?

I found a pic of a paralysis tick behind an ear (under a spoiler for tick-phobes), which is much smaller (less engorged) than the one Lana had:

OHJJHqX.jpg

Even without the symptoms, I'd be disgusted at a parent who didn't find it sooner.

With the symptoms . . . I'm just speechless.

Hell, I don't have children, I live in an area where ticks are rare, and I still check my dog thoroughly every day.

We go camping every year around Christmas. Camping for us means four days if kids running completely wild and no baths except for hand washing at meals. Last time we went, my son got a bush tick behind his ear. I found it when he jumped on my lap for a cuddle and I brushed a piece of hair away from his ear. Touching, stroking or playing with hair is something every parent I know does during cuddle time. How much physical affection do these kids get? Living or staying in a paralysis tick area and not checking your children for ticks is insane. I grew up pretty free range and wild in Australia and in tick country. Mum still checked me over for them every night. I got one under my arm once. It was only there for a couple of hours, but it made my whole arm swell and HURT. Poor kid :-(

I found it telling that Lana apparently did not complain about not being able to walk, see properly, having pain etc. maybe she's learned that it wouldn't do any good if she did.

Oh and Calista's dreads are an absolute mess. Why do Lauren's get to be professionally done and maintained but not her daughter's?

I couldn't tell which of the girls was supposed to have dreads. Those poor kids just look filthy. Not dirty, baked in filthy. They look like the personification of hoarder filth, neglect, filth and mental illness projected onto kids.

I couldn't tell which of the girls was supposed to have dreads. Those poor kids just look filthy. Not dirty, baked in filthy. They look like the personification of hoarder filth, neglect, filth and mental illness projected onto kids.

I agree, it seems to be escalating. Zsu could even teach her a thing or two about child hygiene… I'm surprised the little rats haven't taken over grooming the little girls -- they certainly would have found the tick! Maybe Lauren could adopt a Baboon as a sibling for the girls and also to help take care of their skin and hair.

I have screencapped the tick post. For future reference.

Happy Atheist, I noticed the tape costume post too . . .and was horrified by the 'light bondage' comment about that damn furry platypus, and the 'restraints', plus a photograph of a nearly unclothed child covered only by semi-transparent taped on plastic.

What sort of parent puts this type of photo on a public blog? It's a call to every pedophile on the web, in a culture where the 'Sweetie' sting attracted 20,000 men over 10 weeks, an identifiable 1,000 of whom offered a very convincing cgi avatar of a 10 year old Filipina girl money online to provide sex acts.

She is such a shit, that woman. Those children are merely props for her lifestyle. She doesn't care a toss about their safety.

My sister got a tick on the back of her neck in the grafton area when she wasn't much older than Lana. Mum noticed it when she was brushing my sisters hair took her to the doctor the same morning. It fell off in a nice cafe in Sydney if I remember correctly. LoL

There aren't any cases of Lyme disease on Australia, but there are other serious diseases that you can catch from them. W

I have screencapped the tick post. For future reference.

Happy Atheist, I noticed the tape costume post too . . .and was horrified by the 'light bondage' comment about that damn furry platypus, and the 'restraints', plus a photograph of a nearly unclothed child covered only by semi-transparent taped on plastic.

What sort of parent puts this type of photo on a public blog? It's a call to every pedophile on the web, in a culture where the 'Sweetie' sting attracted 20,000 men over 10 weeks, an identifiable 1,000 of whom offered a very convincing cgi avatar of a 10 year old Filipina girl money online to provide sex acts.

She is such a shit, that woman. Those children are merely props for her lifestyle. She doesn't care a toss about their safety.

post-2315-14451998403204_thumb.jpg

At least she's smiling?

Well, I stand potentially corrected. She may have actually sought REAL medical care for that poor child over that tick. There appears to be an IV bruising in her right antecubital in that tissue and tape picture. Maybe it's a shadow, but I see those bruises every day in my work and that looks like Lana had an IV in her right elbow recently. So maybe mom did bother to get a real medical professional to weigh in on the paralysis tick. She certainly wouldn't blog about it though. It's not authentic and sparkly to blog about in any way, shape or form. But, that does look like the child had a recent IV inserted.

I'm calling it a blood test not an IV. An IV on a joint is a nightmare, especially in an active kid.

But knowing Lauren, she probably did a spot of blood letting or applied a leech or two. (the sort from the creek that runs through the back paddock not the clean ones they use in real hospitals).

But even a blood test would indicate some level of actual medical care. I don't think she used wild leeches. Here in the US, the elbow is the most IV site I see on kids. Despite the fact you need a board to immobilize them, they are easier to find little veins when one must be found.

hah, I saw that too. was tempted to post "brushing teeth, a well-balanced diet and fluoride help", but didn't. Bone broth? is that even a thing against tooth decay?

Well, a couple of sane people did recommend brushing and fluoride, but they're outnumbered by the ones who claim that butter and coconut oil have cured their tooth decay. Also, cheese - it coats your teeth with calcium. The coconut oil swishing just skeeves me right out - and how the hell can oil help teeth? I know coconut oil is apparently the new cure-everything, but the oil=better teeth connection escapes me totally.

I just read the craziness this morning - there was a FB meme with a dreadlocked woman-in-red, and I thought it might be Her Redness. It wasn't, but the idea of her being used in a pro-vax meme made me laugh.

Well, a couple of sane people did recommend brushing and fluoride, but they're outnumbered by the ones who claim that butter and coconut oil have cured their tooth decay. Also, cheese - it coats your teeth with calcium. The coconut oil swishing just skeeves me right out - and how the hell can oil help teeth? I know coconut oil is apparently the new cure-everything, but the oil=better teeth connection escapes me totally.

I just read the craziness this morning - there was a FB meme with a dreadlocked woman-in-red, and I thought it might be Her Redness. It wasn't, but the idea of her being used in a pro-vax meme made me laugh.

I used to work in a movie theatre. We popped the popcorn in coconut oil. It's one of the most unhealthy fats around. I can not imagine using it like mouth wash. It's so thick!

If you've ever eaten cereal such as Capn Crunch that left a weird greasy residue on your spoon, that's coconut oil. Urgh!

Yeah, I agree that that looks like a bruise from a blood draw. I think she did seek out a doctor or clinic for the kid. She's just really coy about how she words it cause it would alienate her sparkly readers.

I have actually heard that cheese CAN help if you're not able to brush after sweets. It's supposed to make you salivate more, which help washes the sugar away. It was from some sort of medical FYI kind of thing, so not sure how true, but it kind of makes sense. Of course, brushing is ideal, but if you're out to lunch or something like that, it was an home remedy kind of thing to use. But yeah, butter and coconut oil?? Maybe if it doesn't make you vomit, it coats your mouth so nothing else can? lol

Google oil pulling, it will amuse you for hours.

The WAP dental thing is based on vitamins A and D, which are fat soluble vitamins, found in things like butter and cod liver oil. So WAP says you should eat lots of fats, esp butter and cod liver oil. But vegans are so used to subbing things they just substitute oils for fats without caring why they're supposed to eat them. That's why they're telling her to just use coconut oil. But vitamins A and D are not found in vegetable sources. You can make your own A from beta carotene, and D from the sun, but to eat them you need to be eating an animal product.

But, the whole thing is bullshit anyway (WAP was looking at starving kids in the 20's, who probably never had a balanced diet). I wonder if there's a dental placebo effect?

I'm calling it a blood test not an IV. An IV on a joint is a nightmare, especially in an active kid.

But knowing Lauren, she probably did a spot of blood letting or applied a leech or two. (the sort from the creek that runs through the back paddock not the clean ones they use in real hospitals).

Could be a case of needing a joint IV because she has shitty veins and they just have to jam it in whatever vein pops the most or doesn't collapse. I've got incredibly shitty veins and in ER situations I've had to have the head of anesthesiology come down to do my blood draw and IV because nobody else on staff could do it. I've also endured femoral stabs when there was nobody skilled enough to draw my blood around. I had several IVs in my ankles and elbows as a kid. It's no fun.

All I can say is... thank goodness we don't have lyme disease here.

I'm incredulous that Lauren, after a lifetime of living in Australia and Africa, doesn't know to check of parasites and bites after playing outdoors simply because it is drummed into out heads by our parents and schools and communities from the time we are old enough to understand.

On the other hand, I don't thinks is a case where Lauren can plead ignorance. She knew, she was too lazy as a parent to actually act upon what she knew was the correct thing to do. If those girls had decent parents they'd know enough to take themselves to a family member/caretaker and ask to be checked.

Lauren isn't teaching them anything. No natural history, no local history, no business maths they can use in the future, not how to recognise different dangerous creatures in the outback and learn how to treat their bites/stings/wounds. No basic first aid. No CPR.

She does NOTHING to educate or monitor them whatsoever and this is what happens when you're not educated and unwatched. You get into bad situations that could have been prevented by education and being an attentive parent.

Archived