IGNORED

David Barton may run for Senate in TX!

salex

Tea party Republicans have been looking for a challenger to take on U.S. Senator John Cornyn. They may have found their man in evangelical leader David Barton, whom my colleague Nate Blakeslee wrote about in 2006.

Oh, Texas, I love visiting you, but are you losing your mind? Are you collapsing under the weight of too many mega-churches?

Another name mentioned for a senate race is Rafael Cruz (Daddy Cruz, who is in business a ministry with Benny Hinn's wife.... :wtf:

texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/david-barton-challenge-john-cornyn?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Drop%20Everything%20List&utm_campaign=Drop%20Everything%20V2

These whackadoodle's days in power are numbered. Texas is quickly turning into a purple state, and the bluer portions are not going to be gearing up to vote for someone who recommended that Texas history textbooks change all mentions of the "Atlantic slave trade" to the "Atlantic triangular trade."

This is insane. Cornyn is (or was, prior to the Tea Party emerging...) one of the most conservative people in Congress. This is both stupid and scary. Why would you get rid of an ultra-conservative member of Congress with a decent amount of seniority for a similar ultra-conservative new guy?

These whackadoodle's days in power are numbered. Texas is quickly turning into a purple state, and the bluer portions are not going to be gearing up to vote for someone who recommended that Texas history textbooks change all mentions of the "Atlantic slave trade" to the "Atlantic triangular trade."

Atlantic triangular trade? WTH does that even mean? Seriously, I have never heard that term.

It's in reference to the idea that Africans sold their neighbors into slavery. That way it wasn't white Europeans exploiting Africans, but Africans exploiting each other and the white Europeans get off scott free. No really. [former Texan]

It's in reference to the idea that Africans sold their neighbors into slavery. That way it wasn't white Europeans exploiting Africans, but Africans exploiting each other and the white Europeans get off scott free. No really. [former Texan]

It also lays some blame on Northern whites, not unjustly. Seems to be my day to quote 1776:

Molasses to rum to slaves, oh what a beautiful waltz

You dance with us, we dance with you

Molasses and rum and slaves

Who sails the ships out of Boston

Ladened with bibles and rum?

Who drinks a toast to the Ivory Coast?

Hail Africa, the slavers have come

New England with bibles and rum

And its off with the rum and the bibles

Take on the slaves, clink, clink

Hail and farewell to the smell

Of the African coast

Molasses to rum to slaves

'Tisn't morals, 'tis money that saves

Shall we dance to the sound of the profitable pound

In molasses and rum and slaves

Who sails the ships out of Guinea

Ladened with bibles and slaves?

'Tis Boston can coast to the West Indies coast

Jamaica, we brung what ye craves

Antigua, Barbados, we brung bibles and slaves!

Molasses to rum to slaves

Who sail the ships back to Boston

Ladened with gold, see it gleam

Whose fortunes are made in the triangle trade

Hail slavery, the New England dream!

Mr. Adams, I give you a toast:

Hail Boston! Hail Charleston!

Who stinketh the most?

8QhyX-_RPuI

Oh, and I have the campaign slogan for Barton's opponents -- Evolve beyond voting for idiots!

This is insane. Cornyn is (or was, prior to the Tea Party emerging...) one of the most conservative people in Congress. This is both stupid and scary. Why would you get rid of an ultra-conservative member of Congress with a decent amount of seniority for a similar ultra-conservative new guy?

Because Ted Cruz, who has been in the Senate less than a year, has demonstrated that one whackaloon can take the country hostage and bring it nearly to the verge of economic catastrophe. Imagine what it'd be like with Cruz AND Barton. :x These guys aren't interested in governing, they're interested in trying to force their views on the rest of us, however they can.

My boyfriend says Cruz is going to be the next president. He doesn't like it when I then say, in my sweetest voice, "So where do we plan on emigrating?"

Because Ted Cruz, who has been in the Senate less than a year, has demonstrated that one whackaloon can take the country hostage and bring it nearly to the verge of economic catastrophe. Imagine what it'd be like with Cruz AND Barton. :x These guys aren't interested in governing, they're interested in trying to force their views on the rest of us, however they can.

My boyfriend says Cruz is going to be the next president. He doesn't like it when I then say, in my sweetest voice, "So where do we plan on emigrating?"

I believe the tea party influence in the republican party assures democrats for president for quite a while. I am an aging RINO, who has donated to democrats and live in a bloody red state that was bleeding edge on some of the nutjobbery and that may be swinging back already.... we shall see.

Atlantic triangular trade? WTH does that even mean? Seriously, I have never heard that term.

It comes from the triangular shape of trade between Africa, Europe and America...but is really just a way to pretend slavery did not exist and people weren't exploited. `Muricans never owned no people, that's just another one of dem conspiracies by dem Jews to make white folk feel all bad so they'll see no difference no more and mate with dem non-whites and breed all whiteys to extinction, but our white ancestors never did no wrong.'

Texas has gone downhill fast since W was governor. There are way too many crazies living there for me.

I'm in Texas. And just a few days ago I told my husband that, depending on how the next governor's race turns out, we may need to move to another state. I'm thinking Oregon sounds pretty good.

But if one of these whackadoos makes it to the Oval Office, I'm serious about leaving the country. I grew up in a theocratic/patriarchal family; I will not live in a theocratic country, and I will not subject my kids to that craziness.

Archived