IGNORED

Steve wants YOU!! (Maxwell)

Justme

I wonder if he would approve of a SAHD doing extremely well in some at-home cottage industry (doily business or raiidng hens or something) and made enough to buy a house. Would this be appropriate? Probably not.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if he would approve of a SAHD doing extremely well in some at-home cottage industry (doily business or raiidng hens or something) and made enough to buy a house. Would this be appropriate? Probably not.

Doubt it. She should save her money for her future husband's use to expand his home business.

Doubt it. She should save her money for her future husband's use to expand his home business.

She has ovaries, which means she is going straight to hell for not deferring to, and handing over all her profits, to a male headship. Steve would never approve--the horror!

I was looking at this and figuring out how this translates to real life.

So you have an undereducated man child living at home who can earn money doing self-taught computer skills or manual labour, house remodelling, again self-taught.

You have the option to earn a bit extra by singing Jesus songs in the Von-Maxwell Family choir. Or talking about what a narrow and stifled upbringing you have.

You have no overheads, no bills, not even a car, your Mum or sisters provide all your food. By the time you are in your early twenties you may have saved enough cash to buy a cheap house to do up.

NOW that is what we all should be doing. How perfect. Just think if all the kids in the world took this path. No doctors, lawyers, bankers, nurses, corporate workers, no train drivers, no retail/supermarket workers. No engineers....well you get my drift.

JUST think though, they will all own their own home.

That's exactly what I think. In a world without doctors and nurses, Steve's daugther-in-law would have dead in her first birth. And Maxwells obviously need engineers, designers and workers to build cars, to pump oil or to build roads. They live in a fiction where every man has to be his own boss, but it is impossible.

She has ovaries, which means she is going straight to hell for not deferring to, and handing over all her profits, to a male headship. Steve would never approve--the horror!

Didn't NR Anna sell soap or something like that at markets? And Sarah is having her writing business. I think he will let his SAHD's work a little, I don't think he will let them keep the money. Hand it over to daddy in exchange for a little pocket money.

Didn't NR Anna sell soap or something like that at markets? And Sarah is having her writing business. I think he will let his SAHD's work a little, I don't think he will let them keep the money. Hand it over to daddy in exchange for a little pocket money.

NR Anna made goats milk soap because her family had a farm and they had goats. I'm pretty sure she's not doing that anymore since she doesn't have goats anymore. It's too bad, really. She probably enjoyed getting out to the farmer's market with her brothers -- got to see a bit of the real world.

Huh, I worked at a home business for 15 years; I paid cash for my home. I lived debt free. But I have one of those scary vaginas, thus voiding all of my "accomplishments."

It was when I got married that I accrued debt. Not from the wedding, from the husband. He had debts, has a house with a mortgage, etc. But, the penis, it validates.

I loved Steve's "wordy" reply to Veronica's question about whether Joseph was moving in to his house. Such a great conversationalist, Steve.

" Veronica on September 28, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

Is Joseph moving into his home! What a blessing he is and an inspiration as I raise my own son to go in that Godly direction. Blessings to you all! Please bring your tour to Minnesota!

>>>>>>>>

Not moving in. We’ve had an inquiry from MN, we will see if they locate a church."

I loved Steve's "wordy" reply to Veronica's question about whether Joseph was moving in to his house. Such a great conversationalist, Steve.

Is Joseph moving into his home! What a blessing he is and an inspiration as I raise my own son to go in that Godly direction. Blessings to you all! Please bring your tour to Minnesota!

>>>>>>>>

Not moving in. We’ve had an inquiry from MN, we will see if they locate a church."

He's suck a dick. He obviously is an expert on conversation. All it would have taken was "Not moving in -- still lots of work to be done." and he could have left it at that, which is much more polite than his curt answer.

My comment didn't get approved...I asked which brother photo bombed in the background. But this made it through...kudos to Doug!

Doug on September 30, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

I know of 3. Nathan, Christopher, and Joseph.

Don’t know any others.

I don't understand what this means. Is he going to sell it to a family from MN, but the MNs will only move to KS if they find a church they like? Doesn't that mean it's time for Steve to give the hard sell about the Elderly Home church? Has he had a courtship inquiry from MN? What is Steve talking about?

Poor Joseph, maybe having to sell his house without ever even living in it. But maybe it had bad memories for him, painting all the walls beige and dreaming of sweet fellowship with Elizabeth.

I don't understand what this means. Is he going to sell it to a family from MN, but the MNs will only move to KS if they find a church they like? Doesn't that mean it's time for Steve to give the hard sell about the Elderly Home church? Has he had a courtship inquiry from MN? What is Steve talking about?

Poor Joseph, maybe having to sell his house without ever even living in it. But maybe it had bad memories for him, painting all the walls beige and dreaming of sweet fellowship with Elizabeth.

His comment was so poorly written, it took me a minute to figure out he was talking about two different things. He's such an arrogant ass to think he has anything to teach anybody.

I think he was just answering that person's comment in a douche bag way.

She asked if Joseph is planning on moving into his home and he said "Not moving in". Then she asked about them coming to MN, to which he responded with "We've had an inquiry from MN, we will see if they locate a church".

What, no "we will pray about it", Steve? :o I thought every little decision you make must be approved by God first!

I doubt Steve's using this call-out for godly debt-free stories to pimp out potential headships for his daughters. After all, no truly godly man would be living on his own, free from the protection of his parents, without benefit of marriage. (See: Maxwell, Joseph) Any manchild who did so would clearly be unworthy.

No, Steve's just looking for someone to do his work for him. And I'm sure if isn't able to obtain enough material, he'll just make it up. It's for a godly purpose, you know, so a little fudging is okay.

My dad was the all time proponent of living debt free. He had a minimal number of credit cards, paid them off religiously (no pun intended) each month, kept his savings account well stocked, you get the drift. From the time I was old enough to have a credit card, I would get badgered/lectured each month about paying it off each month, never spending beyond my means. When I bought my first car, my dad made sure I had cash to buy it. No financing. So when I was house hunting, I knew there was no way I would ever get to buy a house in cash, not even if I lived in the lowest cost of living area imaginable. I did not want to tell my dad I was getting a mortgage. When I finally told him, even this paragon of debt free living looked at me like I had two heads and told me not to be ridiculous, that living as debt free as possible made it easier to get a good credit rating for when you really needed it, like, you know, a house. :roll: (eye rolls were his - love my dad :) ) And it worked. I have a much better credit rating than my husband and was the only one listed on our first mortgage, because we got a much better interest rate that way.

Oh good maybe we'll see a new courtship out of this? I doubt it will be one of the girls, but maybe a guy calling will have an appropriately dull, frumper-wearing, burrito-tolerant sister who will LOVE to wash windows and change diapers..... :o

>>>>>>>>

Dear Steve Maxwell, the all powerful conversationalist,

Are you too stupid to realize that those asking questions (especially more than one question) online are trying to have an online CONVERSATION with you? Short answers are a no-no. If you find a book on online etiquette, please read and have a stimulating conversation with your family about it.

Dear Steve Maxwell, the all powerful conversationalist,

Are you too stupid to realize that those asking questions (especially more than one question) online are trying to have an online CONVERSATION with you? Short answers are a no-no. If you find a book on online etiquette, please read and have a stimulating conversation with your family about it.

Just think of all those precious lives you could touch if you answered in more detail!! Why precious wives could be found this way to take your sons' seed and raise up a new generation of Pepsi-eskewing, fun-avoiding, drudges for God! :lol:

I think I got whiplash from trying to follow Steve's response. How about, "Thank you for asking about Joseph. Currently, he has no plans to move into his house. And we, too, would like to visit Minnesota. We've had an inquiry and are hoping to find a church sponsor. If we're able to secure a date, we look forward to meeting you."

Not to get personal nor derail the topic, but can you give me an idea what's paying 8-14% these days? I might take out a small mortgage on my house to invest in some of that. Srsly!

Short answer: the stock market. I wouldn't recommend my personal investment strategy to anyone, but 20 years ago I was already middle-aged with zero savings so I figured I had little to lose and a lot to gain by taking some strategic risks. Worst case I'd end up working until I died, which is also what I'd be doing if I played it safe. So, I have a mixture of tech stocks (risky), small-cap stocks (riskier) and index funds (not so risky). For example:

AMZN: +~23% in last year.

S&P Equity Index Fund: +18.7% in last year.

Overall, I've got a YTD return of about 24%, but really only a little more than 8% from where it was before the crash of '08. (Edited to change the word "after" to "before")

Nicely done, Molly Trolley! Thank you for the info.

PS: Bet Steve read that and had a small rage-fit. How dare any woman be doing that well on her own! :dance:

I think I got whiplash from trying to follow Steve's response. How about, "Thank you for asking about Joseph. Currently, he has no plans to move into his house. And we, too, would like to visit Minnesota. We've had an inquiry and are hoping to find a church sponsor. If we're able to secure a date, we look forward to meeting you."

:clap: Well done, well done! You earn an animal cracker for that excellent conversational response!

It seems so. Doesn't sound like things in Steveovah's world is going very well. It appears he needs to make more $$$ (remember Chris' plug for the overpriced IT training just a few weeks ago?) and maybe he's starting to seriously worry about his older daughters' prospects. So agree with the poster who said he's killing two birds with one stone.

Speaking of.... The package that includes a copy of the Quickbooks software, how did he acquire the copies of this software and is this considered re-selling? Is that allowed? Is there some sort of agreement needed with Quickbooks to sell it? It just seems shady to me.

EDIT: wrong software name

The conference in Kentucky was at a church with an indoor basketball court. Some of the sessions were on the basketball court. Wonder how the "sports are an idol, don't do them" part of the talks went over.

Did you all see in the comments where "Sarah" from England, presumably, lays out the cold, hard facts of housing in her country? A house costs 242K pounds on average, and annual wages average 26K. She asks for some ideas on providing for a family while actually working toward this goal. You see what Steve answered? "Challenging but possible."

What an ass.

Archived