IGNORED

Steve wants YOU!! (Maxwell)

Justme

Did you all see in the comments where "Sarah" from England, presumably, lays out the cold, hard facts of housing in her country? A house costs 242K pounds on average, and annual wages average 26K. She asks for some ideas on providing for a family while actually working toward this goal. You see what Steve answered? "Challenging but possible."

What an ass.

I wonder if his response would have been different if it was a man who wrote that.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if his response would have been different if it was a man who wrote that.

You know, I almost think not. It follows the Steve pattern of not giving away anything for free: if Sarah or her headship want to know how to save ten times their annual income and still pay their bills, they're going to have to pay for the book and/or attend the webinar. No free rides in Maxwellia!

Exactly. Steve's pissed at her that she, being a woman, would even have the nerve to think she's part of his audience. And he's barely given her the courtesy of a response. He could have even said "It's challenging, but it's possible!" which is much more encouraging and not nearly as rude, but says the same thing.

Steve IS an ass.

Well, of course he's not going to actually HELP her for free. He wants her to buy the book. Silly, silly FJers. :roll:

Rude, dismissive, condescending. That's our Stevie.

I posted the below on the Maxhell blog post & it is awaiting moderation. I bet Stevehovah will never let it see the light of day. I secretly hope that one of the girls will see my comment and realize that there is a world out here where women can pursue goals / dreams / whatever they want.

Are you only looking for young men? How about women too? My daughter, at 27, just purchased a home mortgage-free. Working as an industrial electrician & a part-time bartender she was able to save $140,000 in 7 yrs to make her dream possible. All while raising her son by herself after her husband left her. She has plenty of helpful hints & strategies. Let me know if you are interested.

I posted the below on the Maxhell blog post & it is awaiting moderation. I bet Stevehovah will never let it see the light of day. I secretly hope that one of the girls will see my comment and realize that there is a world out here where women can pursue goals / dreams / whatever they want.

Are you only looking for young men? How about women too? My daughter, at 27, just purchased a home mortgage-free. Working as an industrial electrician & a part-time bartender she was able to save $140,000 in 7 yrs to make her dream possible. All while raising her son by herself after her husband left her. She has plenty of helpful hints & strategies. Let me know if you are interested.

Nope, he'll never let that one through. You are obviously as failure as a parent to not even recognize all the things you did wrong to raise such a heathen of a daughter. Bartending! Single mother! Working! Why, I bet she doesn't own a single frumper, either. Tsk, tsk.

You know, I almost think not. It follows the Steve pattern of not giving away anything for free: if Sarah or her headship want to know how to save ten times their annual income and still pay their bills, they're going to have to pay for the book and/or attend the webinar. No free rides in Maxwellia!

Interesting point - have we ever heard Sterivovah pontificate on Jesus' commands to take care of the poor?

Has charity EVER been a topic of a blog? Or part of an INSPIRE! conference? They've invited the unwashed neighbors over for a strawberry apiece (as well as other tea-time foods, I admit). And once they handed out bottles of water or cans of sody at a local fair to let people know about their religion-which-is-not-a-church (they were careful to tell people, "We are not part of any church. We are doing this because We want you to know We are spreading the word of old what's-his-name, and by the way, you know you're going to burn after you die, right?")

:music-tool: s, the both of them.

Nice try ( I mean that sincerely. I like the way you worded your question. You weren't argumentative, but still got your point across), but no cigar from Steve.

In Steve's world, the downtrodden don't exist. And no, he's never ever spoken about charity. I'm sure his children don't have any idea what homeless people live like because they've been protected from them. Sigh.

I think Steve feels that even doing charity work would expose the children to EVIL! If I recall, their water bottle ministry at the fair lasted only one season because he was so concerned about the unwholesome sinners and immodest women who would come in contact with the children. Other than that, a brief mention of how the boys used to visit a men's mission, I don't think I've ever heard them talk about doing charitable works or helping out in an emergency, at least without an agenda attached to it. It's really not surprising considering how they barely acknowledge catastrophic events. Absolutely nothing exists outside of the Maxwell bubble. If Steve can't have full control, it's forbidden.

I think Steve feels that even doing charity work would expose the children to EVIL! If I recall, their water bottle ministry at the fair lasted only one season because he was so concerned about the unwholesome sinners and immodest women who would come in contact with the children. Other than that, a brief mention of how the boys used to visit a men's mission, I don't think I've ever heard them talk about doing charitable works or helping out in an emergency, at least without an agenda attached to it. It's really not surprising considering how they barely acknowledge catastrophic events. Absolutely nothing exists outside of the Maxwell bubble. If Steve can't have full control, it's forbidden.

I think they did 2 years at the fair because I remember them talking about their aprons the 2nd year being an improvement over whatever they'd had the previous year. They ended up with Home Depot aprons I think to carry tracts so they were easier to hand out -- something to that effect. And honestly, handing out water and sodas at the fair wasn't exactly charity because they were using it as a way to evangelize. They were in essence peddling their product under the disguise of quenching the thirst of people who are hot. And I do remember when they decided not to do it a 3rd year due to the unwholesomeness of the people who visit the fair. All those tank tops and shorts and unsavory people.

Other activities at the fair: Christopher made balloon animals and I believe he also accosted people with some kind of million dollar story (don't remember the details of that one).

Re: Maxwells and the homeless. The Maxwell males did have a homeless ministry back in the days. They went twice a month on Saturday. Nathan, Christopher and Steve would preach and the younger boys would help with set up. In the "Preparing Sons" books, either John or Joseph told Steve listening to them preach was the highlight of his month (gag me). I think preaching to others is what Steve considers "charity work". Not actually caring for the poor. He often rails about "spiritual hunger", and I guess he sees himself as a "spiritual" feeder of the hungry.

The comments regarding Maxwells and charity work makes sense to me. Every time the family does something resembling charity work, it usually includes them selling their wares, or forcing people to listen to them preach, or both. The nursing home ministry is another place that Steve can let his ego go and preach to a captive audience. The conferences allow them to sell their stuff AND go all preachy. Even the fair ground charity work is about preaching, even though it encompassed some aspect of "charity". Steve mentions he has his sons "bless" neighbors by fixing stuff and sending baked goods. Other than those small acts of kindness, I don't think the Maxwells allow themselves to get too involved with the outside world. I think Steve is paranoid of letting his children truly engage with "sinners". He tries to ensure everything they do as a family. And since Steve sees himself as a pastor of sorts, he sees charity work in terms of how much he can spread his wisdom. And ever since his "ministry" has become financially successful, he probably prefers to "sell" his wisdom....he can make money off his "charity work"!

Re: Maxwells and the homeless. The Maxwell males did have a homeless ministry back in the days. They went twice a month on Saturday. Nathan, Christopher and Steve would preach and the younger boys would help with set up. In the "Preparing Sons" books, either John or Joseph told Steve listening to them preach was the highlight of his month (gag me). I think preaching to others is what Steve considers "charity work". Not actually caring for the poor. He often rails about "spiritual hunger", and I guess he sees himself as a "spiritual" feeder of the hungry.

The comments regarding Maxwells and charity work makes sense to me. Every time the family does something resembling charity work, it usually includes them selling their wares, or forcing people to listen to them preach, or both. The nursing home ministry is another place that Steve can let his ego go and preach to a captive audience. The conferences allow them to sell their stuff AND go all preachy. Even the fair ground charity work is about preaching, even though it encompassed some aspect of "charity". Steve mentions he has his sons "bless" neighbors by fixing stuff and sending baked goods. Other than those small acts of kindness, I don't think the Maxwells allow themselves to get too involved with the outside world. I think Steve is paranoid of letting his children truly engage with "sinners". He tries to ensure everything they do as a family. And since Steve sees himself as a pastor of sorts, he sees charity work in terms of how much he can spread his wisdom. And ever since his "ministry" has become financially successful, he probably prefers to "sell" his wisdom....he can make money off his "charity work"!

In Steve's mind though, he IS caring for the poor. It doesn't matter if the poor are starving, freezing, homeless, or abused. All that matters is accepting Jesus. I'm sure that some of the poor he ministers to don't give a royal flying fuck about having to listen to his preaching, as long as there's an animal cracker or SOMEthing at the end of it. But I'll bet anything that one of the reasons Steve gave up the mission ministry is because he really had nothing to gain from it financially. It's not like the homeless were going to buy his wares. Very little ROI on Steve's part. What's a lost soul or two when you can go to greener pastures and make a buck? Same with the nursing home. They really don't say much about it lately which makes me wonder how involved they still are. Not that the silence really says anything concrete but we used to be treated to regular posts about their time with The Elderly.

I think u nailed just what Steve Maxwell is all about!! He does not want his kids to be part of the "world" because he does not want them to realize that their is a world outside of what he was taught them.

I have never known anyone to do that. I’d be interested in knowing how to do it and become a lawyer or a doctor or an engineer. There are so many important jobs that require a college education and thus some debt. I’d love to hear your family’s perspective on doing those things and being debt-free.

>>>>>>>

I think you will like the book.

He is such an arrogant asshat.

[*]Yes, Joseph did indeed pay cash for his house. Very admirable and in any other case I'd say he was a real success story. However, it's an empty house, one HE CAN'T LIVE IN because mommy and daddy won't loosen their death grip on their manchild's heart. So instead of being a success story, Joseph's is an epic fail. The irony anvil hit Steve right on the head but he's still oblivious.

ETA: Ha! I just noticed that my post count category is "bought my house in cash." Snort.

[*]Yes, Joseph did indeed pay cash for his house. Very admirable and in any other case I'd say he was a real success story. However, it's an empty house, one HE CAN'T LIVE IN because mommy and daddy won't loosen their death grip on their manchild's heart. So instead of being a success story, Joseph's is an epic fail. The irony anvil hit Steve right on the head but he's still oblivious.

ETA: Ha! I just noticed that my post count category is "bought my house in cash." Snort.

He "chooses" not to live there. Steve-O and Terri take pride that their "adult children" choose to live with them until they are married......

Steve wants you! Steve wants you! Steve wants you as a new recruit!

Now I have images of Steve and his sons dancing like the Village People stuck in my head. :ew: :ew: :ew:

The banner ads I'm seeing on this thread are for home builders/design ("life tested home designs") and the Billy Graham Evangelical Association. THE LORD is trying to send Steve a message.

He "chooses" not to live there. Steve-O and Terri take pride that their "adult children" choose to live with them until they are married......

Actually, I can understand why he would choose to remain under his parents' roof. Were he to move out on his own, he'd have all the bills and all the work involved in keeping house. As it is, he's got his mother and sisters as live-in domestic staff, doing all the cleaning and cooking. He's got employment in the various family businesses. He gets to live safely ensconced within the family cult--which is all he really knows, and might lose if he insisted upon living as an independent bachelor. He has no big utility bills, he has a nice, paid-for house that was recently remodeled for the cost of materials alone. He could rent out that house, and have a nice income, which he could put away toward the purchase of another house (especially given his low living expenses). Or he could sell the house when the timing's right, and make a nice profit (and maybe he already has).

He has no friends outside the family. He's never had a job outside the family. He's been taught that pursuing an education or working for other people are degrading to him as a Good Christian Man. He has no wife to feed him and keep his house clean and make leaving acceptible in his father's eyes. He probably wouldn't know how to live an unscheduled life all on his own, and the solitude would probably drive him nuts because he's never been allowed it before, and wouldn't know what to do with it.

So it makes perfect sense that he'd "choose" to stay home. What other choice is there?

And yeah, all that said, that there is no other choice is because his parents have failed him.

I cannot believe his replies to the comments! (well, I can.......he is too far up his own butt to see the light of day)

Is Joseph moving into his home! What a blessing he is and an inspiration as I raise my own son to go in that Godly direction. Blessings to you all! Please bring your tour to Minnesota!

>>>>>>>>

Not moving in. We’ve had an inquiry from MN, we will see if they locate a church.

Wow, way to be polite. "NO HE IS NOT MOVING IN HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLEY SUGGEST MY SON WOULD DO SUCH A SINFUL THING AS TO MOVE IN ON HIS OWN AWAY FROM MY AUTHORITY?!?! BTW we probably are coming to your estate so I will make some money off you"

Interesting but buying a house debt free would be challenging here, in the UK, where the average annual wage is £26 500 and the cost of the average house is £242 000. Ideas on working to a debt free situation and providing accommodation for a family are, of course, really helpful.

>>>>>>>

Challenging but possible.

You are wrong. I am right. But I am only going to tell you how I am right by you paying for my book and me using the money to stay further olut of debt while you sink further into debt.

Steve, you are a nothing but rude.

Debt free as in paid for in cash, correct? We are “debt free†other than a mortgage on our home, which we bought w/ cash, as a “fixer upperâ€, but had to take out a loan to fix it up (which we even stayed UNDER budget for!!) But, we still have the amount we borrowed to pay off, which we faithfully do each month and more when we can. God has provided thus far & will continue to do so as we trust in Him. Way to go for your sons!! What a blessing!

>>>>>>>>>>>

Good job on buying it with cash.

But you are not debt free. So you fail.

Steve, you are nothing but a rude, arrogant, self-righteous, extremely un-Godly man.

Now I have images of Steve and his sons dancing like the Village People stuck in my head. :ew: :ew: :ew:

Can you imagine changing this to look like Stevie and sons?

:ymca:

Nah, let's keep it to the Village People

Can you imagine changing this to look like Stevie and sons?

:ymca:

Nah, let's keep it to the Village People

Isn't that an a manly adventure with Doug?

Archived