IGNORED

Abercrombie fires woman for refusing to take off hijab

Cisco_Pug

Same here on both accounts!

That's true for me as well, plus I don't fit the look that would be welcome in that store since I'm not a size 0 and I actually have curves.

That's true for me as well, plus I don't fit the look that would be welcome in that store since I'm not a size 0 and I actually have curves.

My mother is a size 0 and she has curves. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I am a size 4/6 and I have curves, too.

Hollister (the store that fired this woman) stores are modeled to look like I guess a California beach house and you have to climb up stairs and onto a "porch" to enter. Well, they got sued for that because it violated the ADA and they now have to redesign all their stores to make them handicapped accessible. Clearly, the store does not have its priorities straight women are getting fired for wearing headscarves and the stores themselves are not accessible for all.

The guy who runs A&F is a tool. Didn't he just come under fire for saying the store deliberately does not carry plus sizes because apparently fat people aren't good-looking enough to shop there? Also explains why everything is cut so small - I bought one shirt from there in junior high (because everyone shopped there and I wanted to fit in) and I had to buy the biggest size available to fit and it was still snug on me :(

Well, It's not like I can exactly boycott them considering I am a fat woman and wouldn't fit into their clothes anyway. However, I am currently on a weightloss plan and even IF I got skinny enough for them, I would never shop their because of this horrible attitude and belief on how women should look.

They're able to get away with a bunch of discriminatory practices with the customer-facing staff because they argue that they're "models". I always assumed they would lose in court if they tried similar shit with the back-of-house staff. Glad to see that sanity prevailed.

To me, the owner of A&F is terrifying-looking because of his extreme cosmetic surgery. Not that he should care what I think, but I find it a bit ironic.

He looks the way the late Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2 would look with a lot of bad cosmetic surgery and a trip to Hair Club for Men. I literally went "Holy fuck!" when I saw his pic.

Archived