IGNORED

Kate Gosselin - Mother of the Year

Curious

In many ways, Jon is currently being portrayed as the parent deserving of the most sympathy in the media, at least when compared to Kate. It wouldn't surprise me if many of his customers felt sorry for him and overtip him as a result. Those tips could go far toward supporting the kids.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In many ways, Jon is currently being portrayed as the parent deserving of the most sympathy in the media, at least when compared to Kate. It wouldn't surprise me if many of his customers felt sorry for him and overtip him as a result. Those tips could go far toward supporting the kids.

I'd not thought of that, but you could be dead on right about sympathy tipping. Or they could see him as the Ed Hardy wearing douche he was at one time, and treat the guy like dirt & leave him a flat (aka no tip). I'm hoping they give sympathy tips though. I would.

Jon answered the question on why he is not currently working in IT this summer. He WAS working in IT, until Kate filed her lawsuit alleging that he hacked into her computers and electronics. He said he cannot get a job in the IT industry so long as the lawsuit was out there. He did not outright say she cost him his job. However, he was working IT in February when he did a rare interview. He was not working IT by summer but instead working at TWO restaurants and said in an interview that he could not get a job in his industry because of the lawsuit. I'm pretty sure he lost his job thanks to her antics.

I seem to recall that Kate demanded he quit his IT job when they were still married so he could be available to "help" with the children.

He quit so she could go on her book tours, IIRC. I think the reason given was to help with the children, though. Because super organized mom doing it all alone (no nannies) being gone all the time on book tours wasn't exactly the "brand" they were trying to sell to the masses.

He quit for her during the marriage, but his interview in Feb was that he had gone back to IT to support himself now, which he wasn't doing by summer when she sued him for computer hacking. He stated in an interview this summer that he could not get IT work so long as he was being accused of computer hacking. He's correct on that one.

I did find his lawyer's response to her allegations completely humorous.

He quit so she could go on her book tours, IIRC. I think the reason given was to help with the children, though. Because super organized mom doing it all alone (no nannies) being gone all the time on book tours wasn't exactly the "brand" they were trying to sell to the masses.

Quitting his state job was probably the stupidest, or perhaps the saddest, decision Jon Gosselin ever made careerwise. It probably didn't pay that well (perhaps in the $40K range) compared to the $$$$ they were making exploiting their kids having their children play in front of the cameras, but the benefits and retirement deals are pretty good.

This was back when I was following the story because I was horrified by the amount of time the kids were working and it was clear that the show was overstepping any limits set by Child Labor Laws. From memory, he quit the state job way back in late 2007 or perhaps early 2008. It was around the beginning of Season 3 when they really ramped up the filming of the kids to iniquitous levels -- almost 100 episodes in 18 months.

They stated on the show that he quit to spend more time with the kids and that he was going to work for/with Bob Carson as an independent IT contractor. More likely it was so that they film even more and Kate could go on the Multiple Blessings book tour and do more publicity. Jon's freelance job was never mentioned again on the show. At some point, possibly connected to the book, the relationship former Kate BFF Beth Carson went down the tubes. If there was ever a job with Bob that went down the tubes too. So did the marriage. And the rest is history. I stopped following closely when the Child Labor Law was amended.

I agree with Stephanie66 that the decisions made by both Jon and Kate are horrible and I dislike them both. Jon was happily on board the TLC gravy train for a long time. I don't think he is making a good decision to go back to reality TV on the new show either.

On the other hand Jon, at least, tried to stop filming the kids during the divorce. And he, at least, has tried to find employment in the last few years that does not involve exploiting the children. I haven't been following that closely, but I would assume that being accused of hacking by his ex-wife would destroy any chance of IT work! The woman is nuts. I disagree with Stephanie66 that working as "a part-time server is not good enough." For whom? That is rather insulting to servers and it is certainly better than no job at all.

i dont have a problem with Jon or Kate going back to the tv industry. My problem comes when the kids are dragged into it. I hope the children are not part of Jons tv show. It would be ok to talk about children in general with regards to blending a family. I just dont want to see them be featured or the focus.

Kate can not seem to get away from the mom of 8 brand. She is nothing without those kids.

i dont have a problem with Jon or Kate going back to the tv industry. My problem comes when the kids are dragged into it. I hope the children are not part of Jons tv show. It would be ok to talk about children in general with regards to blending a family. I just dont want to see them be featured or the focus.

Kate can not seem to get away from the mom of 8 brand. She is nothing without those kids.

Her new cookbook, released two months ago, is #18,716 on Amazon. And there doesn't seem to be any Internet buzz over her new couponing site, either.

I think being a part time ANYTHING is not good enough when you have eight children to support. I had two kids to support and was a FULL TIME server. I am not letting Kate off the hook...she should be working FULL TIME as well.

My issue is not with them going back into reality tv. My issue with BOTH of them is the TYPE of reality tv they have chosen. Jon, who called his kids "developmentally delayed" from reality tv, is choosing to go on a show that will undoubtedly discuss his sex life with his girlfriend. Kate chose wife swap and left her kids with a playgirl playmate. Just no.

• 4 weeks later...

usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jon-gosselin-slams-kate-new-interview-tweets-are-disgusting-awful-20132712

"Everyone thinks I'm out to get Kate. I don’t give a f-ck!" said the father of eight, 36, who sat down last month with Oprah Winfrey and told her that his children have problems "developmentally." He added to the mag, "What would I get out of it? Everyone knows she’s an a--hole, you know what I mean? I don’t have to—she’s proven that!"

"She tweets everything. To the world, all about my children," he added of his ex during the interview. "I think it’s disgusting and awful. They can’t even have a normal life."

He alleges that his ex, however, is still seeking fame. "Kate wants to still be on television. She’s now digging into the past, because that’s what sells. Too late, honey. No one gives a f-ck, really.â€

Up next for the ex-reality TV dad? A full circle back to reality television! Gosselin will appear in Season 4 of VH1's Couples Therapy along with girlfriend of two years, Liz Jannetta. The two will live in a house together and receive relationship advice doled out by a therapist, along with celebrities like Farrah Abraham and Taylor Armstrong. 

"We needed the therapy for our relationship," he told the mag. "We really couldn’t afford therapy. And it’s free therapy," he said in an attempt to justify his decision to appear once again on TV. The series begins Jan. 2.

Jon actualyl just gave a scathing interview and called her an asshole. Check Radar for deets.

I'm never going to defend Khate, but they do have kids together, and as a child of divorce, that stuff hurts the kid more than the parent.

Jon actualyl just gave a scathing interview and called her an asshole. Check Radar for deets.

I'm never going to defend Khate, but they do have kids together, and as a child of divorce, that stuff hurts the kid more than the parent.

ITA but in this instance I suspect the kids have heard it so much (Kate has never said anything positive about Jon) I suspect they are immune to it. If she hasn't already poisoned them all against their father I would be very surprised.

Jon should realize that calling the mother of his kids an asshole is wrong. If he has so much hate towards her, they should try to work it out in therapy. Oh wait! He's doing Couples Therapy with his girlfriend, because it was free, and they can't afford therapy. He just wants 15 extra minutes of fame. I am Team Kate and Team Kids. Kate is the sole provider. Jon doesn't even pay support. So what if he was relieved of those duties via the court? He should still want to help Kate support their kids.

Jon should realize that calling the mother of his kids an asshole is wrong. If he has so much hate towards her, they should try to work it out in therapy. Oh wait! He's doing Couples Therapy with his girlfriend, because it was free, and they can't afford therapy. He just wants 15 extra minutes of fame. I am Team Kate and Team Kids. Kate is the sole provider. Jon doesn't even pay support. So what if he was relieved of those duties via the court? He should still want to help Kate support their kids.

Really? You're still on about that? You still don't get the child support thing? Wow. I'm a casual follower of this thread and I feel like I have a better grasp about how child support works.

I don't know that there is a clear "better" parent in this situation but Katie is a known abusive parent. I really hope these kids have many caring, supportive, safe adults in their lives as well as both their parents.

Really? You're still on about that? You still don't get the child support thing? Wow. I'm a casual follower of this thread and I feel like I have a better grasp about how child support works.

I don't know that there is a clear "better" parent in this situation but Katie is a known abusive parent. I really hope these kids have many caring, supportive, safe adults in their lives as well as both their parents.

I think Jon was being impulsive and attention-seeking and he should not have called Kate names in public media. He also shouldn't be paying her child support - it seems she should be paying him, if anything, given their difference in income.

Kate has never publically said bad things about the father of her children? We have never seen on video of her treating him like he is an idiot in front of the children? Never? All the articles out there show she has lots of love towards him?

I think he is totally in the wrong here, but I don't get why you go on about her being a wonderful saint.

Kate is the quintessential scorned woman and yeah, Jon wasn't the ebst, but she was vicious and nasty towards him on that show. If it had been the other ay around, TLC and all the Kate humpers would have screamed spousal abuse.

There is a pciture of JOn in this month's Cosmo on the SExy v. Skanky list.

He's on the Skanky list with one... poorly dressed... *woman* behind him... and one in front of him on her knees imitating fellatio.

Fellatio and Jon Gosselin... words you should not have to hear together

:disgust: :wtf: :oops: :shock: :ew: :brain-bleach: :banana-explosion: :puke-huge:

Based on that, I'm taking away his sympathy tip. Damnit, I had hope that Jon had grown up and learned from his past mistakes. The job thing fooled me. Why did he have to turn back into the douche of yesteryear time he got some attention? They BOTH suck, and I pray their kids have just one person, be it another adult or just a friend, to provide them with some form of positive stability. It's clear they will never get that from their infantile parents. smdh

Jon and Kate need to bury the hatchet between one another, and focus on the kids. Whether they like it or not, they're linked for life via their 8 kids. Grow up, put the past in the past, and be good parents.

Mady, Cara, and Kate are on the cover of this week's People - and the topic is "everybody thinks we're screwed up but we're not, yay mom!"

That was quick.

People are saying that the twins talked to People as a publicity stunt for Kate. They could've said no. They have their own minds and opinions.

People are saying that the twins talked to People as a publicity stunt for Kate. They could've said no. They have their own minds and opinions.

They are only 13, they may have their own minds and opinions but they're still children. They may have not wanted to do the interview but were bribed/coerced into it - from what I've seen of Kate on the show, I wouldn't put that past her.

Archived