IGNORED

Kate Gosselin - Mother of the Year

Curious

I am not sure if they are asking for court costs or not. If they are, then I'd think that is a possibility, yes.

I don't think anything in the book made Kate look very good. To prove her claim for invasion of privacy, whatever she is claiming is an invasion of privacy she has to admit that part is true. So I don't think it matters, it's still a bad situation for her. Does she say that abortion, for example, is an invasion of privacy? Then she has to admit she had one. She's stuck no matter what she tries to claim because whatever it is, she has to say it's true and nothing in that book paints her in a good light.

FTR, I don't care if she's had an abortion or not, but it does make her PCOS even more suspect and her whole refusal to reduce the multiple pregnancy a little more suspicious (in the fame whorey sense) and also that whole Christian "we left it up to God" thing.

Thanks for answering my questions. I agree, nothing in the book made Kate look good, but some things were more damaging than others. Being greedy for freebies is one thing. Abusing your children is quite another.

Like you, I don't care whether she had an abortion or not, and I found Hoffman's including that allegation in the book very tasteless. But I suppose it is relevant because of the PCOS and the not reducing the pregnancy issue.

Seriously, I think she is a blithering idiot to file this suit. If she had any sense she would have just ignored the book and, if asked, just said it was a beneath her to comment on such a piece of untruthful garbage. Fighting the book gives the content credibility.

As I understand it (and I may be wrong), in a civil suit the burden of proof is all on the Plaintiff. So she has to prove all her claims. The defendants (Hoffman, Jon and all those "Does") don't have to prove they didn't do what she alleges on "information and belief." I seriously don't think she will have much luck because proof is going to be hard to find for the illegal computer access. Occam's Razor again! And what are the damages again? It will be hard to prove that Kate didn't get a specific job because of "false" information in the book. It would also be hard to prove that she was, another example, fired from Coupon Cabin due to Hoffman's trash talking about her to some tabloid or another rather than her lack of "authenticity" and very mediocre writing skills. :lol:

Also, if she says (again using the alleged abortion as an example, although probably not the best because I think that Hoffman is on rather thin ice for that one) "this specific statement is untrue and defamatory" then it theoretically opens the door to the defense getting a subpoena for her medical records to show that it is, in fact, true and therefore can't be defamatory. Same for the bipolar diagnosis -- HIPAA is no protection against court orders and subpoenas.

She's opened a real can of worms here. I think that she filed a SLAPP suit to try to stop the book, and screw Jon over yet again, without the faintest idea of what she would be getting into. I'm sure she had no idea that Jon and Hoffman would get competent (actually excellent) legal representation. I'm almost surprised that Jon or Hoffman, or both, haven't filed countersuits accusing her of defamation for saying that they illegally hacked her computer, phone, and bank accounts. :whistle:

I still pity the children. What a horrible mother!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kate isn't a blithering idiot. She is a narcissist. I don't know what kind of life she had as a child but she probably should never have had children. I hope Jon wins one. He's a victim too.

Kate isn't a blithering idiot. She is a narcissist. I don't know what kind of life she had as a child but she probably should never have had children. I hope Jon wins one. He's a victim too.

I'd argue that a person can be both a blithering idiot and a narcissist. Blithering idiocy and narcissism are not mutually exclusive. ;)

I agree that Jon was a victim of spousal abuse. Emotional abuse, almost certainly, and probably also physical abuse. I use past tense, however. I think he is now a survivor and also hope he wins this one. Kate still seems to want revenge on him. She needs to let it go and forge a relationship that allows for successful co-parenting in the future. I doubt that there is much hope she will ever be able to do that.

I've said for years that I hoped Kate filed a lawsuit. I knew it would hang her. :clap:

I've said for years that I hoped Kate filed a lawsuit. I knew it would hang her. :clap:

I have as well. She clearly doesn't understand that discovery works both ways and a Judge not herself will be the final say in everything that happens.

This is one time that her "no doesn't mean no" attitude is going to bite her in the ass.

Edit to add: What a lovely attitude to have when you are raising 3 boys. That is a great thing to teach anyone, but particularly boys. What happens when they are teenagers and a girl tells them no, when you've been raised that "no doesn't mean no," I wonder.

I have as well. She clearly doesn't understand that discovery works both ways and a Judge not herself will be the final say in everything that happens.

This is one time that her "no doesn't mean no" attitude is going to bite her in the ass.

Edit to add: What a lovely attitude to have when you are raising 3 boys. That is a great thing to teach anyone, but particularly boys. What happens when they are teenagers and a girl tells them no, when you've been raised that "no doesn't mean no," I wonder.

I must have missed this in this thread or in the show, but in what context does she believe no doesn't mean no? Is it for when she asks people to do things and they say no? I agree that even if she doesn't outright teach her kids that, they are going to see her live that way and take it to heart. I think that these children are going to struggle in the teen/young adult years.

I started watching Jon and Kate + 8 back when my daughter was a newborn. It made me feel better that if they could manage with eight kids, then I could manage just one.

But it got uncomfortable to see how abusive that Kate was to Jon and I stopped watching right around the same of the vow renewal. I do read up about them because it's a trainwreck.

Sounds like Jon is much more stable parent than Kate - I'm sure the kids will appreciate that, especially once they are older.

I must have missed this in this thread or in the show, but in what context does she believe no doesn't mean no? Is it for when she asks people to do things and they say no? I agree that even if she doesn't outright teach her kids that, they are going to see her live that way and take it to heart. I think that these children are going to struggle in the teen/young adult years.

I'll have to get the exact place where she said it for you when I get up from my nap, but she said "no never means no to me." I can't recall if it was an interview or on twitter or what exactly off the top of my head. It *might* have been during the LaFaire trial. I'll dig it up when I return.

Edit: that was easier than I expected. Here you go: http://www.realitytvkids.com/2011/05/ka ... to-me.html I was right about it having to do with the LaFaire trial. I didn't have the quote exactly right. Here is the whole tweet (my emphasis) :

"Thanks my tweeties4 the extra love! I needed it esp 2day...& no worries,beat me downX100&I'll still get up fighting.no is nvr no to me! GN!!"

I keep wanting to vomit the farther in I get to this book. She's the absolute worst. Freebie grabbing, greedy, angry bitch.

Kate respond to Jon's Oprah interview. So narcissistic. I know she believes the kids will love her and hate him.

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/11/kate-gosselin-letter-defending-children-jon-gosselin-developmental-comments/

To those of you reading the book, did Kate really have fertility issues or did she just con some gullible doctor into doing IVF so she could hit the multiples jackpot?

To those of you reading the book, did Kate really have fertility issues or did she just con some gullible doctor into doing IVF so she could hit the multiples jackpot?

Iy didn't seem like she had any severe issues at all.

I hope she burns in hell. Jon admitting the kids have/had problems is refreshing and shows he really cares about them. She tries to sweep everything under the rug to make herself look perfect. Hopefully he can get the kids the help they need and get them away from that witch.

Dear Christ!!! I'm going to have to stay away from Radar. A couple of days ago they did a story about Jon on Oprah and I made some comments using my alias Mrs O. The majority of people there are aware of the reality in the kids' and Kate's lives, but a couple are just absolutely drinking the Kate Kool Aid. Court papers wouldn't convince them of anything & they were just so nasty. I'm not proud of poking one of them with a stick, but she just pissed me off to epic levels. I went to bed thinking the conversation was over because it was getting to be a super long and old thread, but when I checked my email this morning there were more comments from this woman who was posting things directed at me that didn't even make sense. My blood pressure has got to be way up there. So here's my question: Why are some people still so convinced that Kate is the bee's knees? Any theories?

How does he know that they have problems when he's hardly involved in their lives? Kate is the primary parent.

He's more involved than Kate would like anyone to think. The order for child support was vacated by the judge because he had the children in his care enough to warrant that action. Jon did a lot of things wrong when his marriage broke down in public, but he's actually an involved parent who has one thing Kate doesn't: a job. I applaud him for that. Kate is standing on Steve's shoulders hanging on tooth and nail to her already expired 15 minutes still trying to make a buck off her kids.

Dear Christ!!! I'm going to have to stay away from Radar. A couple of days ago they did a story about Jon on Oprah and I made some comments using my alias Mrs O. The majority of people there are aware of the reality in the kids' and Kate's lives, but a couple are just absolutely drinking the Kate Kool Aid. Court papers wouldn't convince them of anything & they were just so nasty. I'm not proud of poking one of them with a stick, but she just pissed me off to epic levels. I went to bed thinking the conversation was over because it was getting to be a super long and old thread, but when I checked my email this morning there were more comments from this woman who was posting things directed at me that didn't even make sense. My blood pressure has got to be way up there. So here's my question: Why are some people still so convinced that Kate is the bee's knees? Any theories?

Cause she's a good liar, good at weeping and pouting and playing a role. And some women take offense to the idea that ANY mother is not the pinnacle of perfection and ALL dads are deadbeats.

I agree that it is nice that Jon is acknowledging that being filmed 24/7 has been damaging to his kids, but I don't think he really needed to give so much detail. the tw older ones are already old enough to google themselves and I wouldn't want to see my dad admitting to the world that I was socially delayed. FTR, I think he is absolutely RIGHT in his assessment, but he could have just said they have some social challenges or something. I actually was also a bit surprised O left all of that in the show.

She didn't do IVF. She did ovarian stimulating hormones to produce more eggs and they were going to do an IUI (turkey baster) that cycle but the doctor identified the hyperstimulation of her ovaries and canceled it. They went and had sex AMA and ended up with HOM.

Cause she's a good liar, good at weeping and pouting and playing a role. And some women take offense to the idea that ANY mother is not the pinnacle of perfection and ALL dads are deadbeats.

Shellylv and Mary Starr are posting some hateful things about both of us and other posters. I got pissed off on your behalf & called them out on their mean girling and told them to just stay classy. That's when the ball really started rolling! You couldn't handle the truth & bailed, they said I must be crazy and needed a shrink, we were jealous of Kate, my hubbie was probably glad I was on the net so he could get away from my crazy, and in nearly the same breath was told that my husband must miss my girth in bed & did he have to move my fat belly to have sex with me. I responded with a question: When her husband wanted to have sex did he roll her in flour, move her massive gut, and hit the wet spots? Now we're both bitches I guess :lol: I hate I stooped so low with that comment about the flour, but for once she had no response. It ticks me off to hear them say Jon is a deadbeat dad who doesn't pay child support and every time I have offered to give them a way to check the records and see a judge stopped it, they won't listen or bother learning the actual facts :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

And they're still commenting on a days old thread. Every time I open my email there's a few more scathing comments. Sorry for the vent, and if I sounded like a nut case it's because I lost IQ points arguing with idiots.

Yall I have a problem. Somebody emailed Mary Starr and said they were me and stalking her. She posted a screaming post to me , and I told her she needed to call the authorities and they could find out the IP that the message came from & that I wasn't interested enough in her to do that. Did I handle that oK? It's making me very uncomfortable that someone is saying they're me and made those emails. Is there anything I can do to prove that it wasn't me? I know eff all about computers & don't know what to do. I'm flipping out because it wasn't me, someone else is using my identity, and I HATE being wrongly accused.

Yall I have a problem. Somebody emailed Mary Starr and said they were me and stalking her. She posted a screaming post to me , and I told her she needed to call the authorities and they could find out the IP that the message came from & that I wasn't interested enough in her to do that. Did I handle that oK? It's making me very uncomfortable that someone is saying they're me and made those emails. Is there anything I can do to prove that it wasn't me? I know eff all about computers & don't know what to do. I'm flipping out because it wasn't me, someone else is using my identity, and I HATE being wrongly accused.

laura oz I have NO idea about any of that, either, but I'd probably change your email passwords and all that just in case. Also, if Radar requires a password or internet profile to post (I read there daily but never comment), definitely change that password or even delete the account that is linked to the handle you use on Radar. Who cares if some stupid blow-hards are being meangirlz on there, let them think you flounced if need be.

laura oz I have NO idea about any of that, either, but I'd probably change your email passwords and all that just in case. Also, if Radar requires a password or internet profile to post (I read there daily but never comment), definitely change that password or even delete the account that is linked to the handle you use on Radar. Who cares if some stupid blow-hards are being meangirlz on there, let them think you flounced if need be.

She admitted she received no message threatening her from me. I was trying to figure a way to block her and hit the follow button twice by mistake. Finally unfollowed her and figured I'd just have to make myself ignore her posts. When she admitted the truth, I got just a weee bit pissed and told her she had me freaking out thinking my identity was stolen, stalking was a serious charge to be throwing around, and that she owed me an apology for telling a bald faced lie about me and should apologize to the board for lying to them too. There was a LOT more I wanted to say, but I was so mad I couldn't think straight enough to articulate just how badly she pissed me off or how much I wanted to put my foot so far up her ass that she'd be sneezing my shoelaces. If y'all ever come across Mary Starr over there tell her I said she should go fuck herself with a cactus & go to hell. Eh, nevermind that bitch is crazy and mean. I still don't know how to block people on Radar, dammit. Mary is still making snide comments about me and my pretend husband, and it makes me feel so bad and embarrassed. I made a simple mistake trying to block her so I wouldn't feel this way. I shouldn't have let her words hurt me, but they did. Now everyone that posted on that thread will think I'm a crazy stalker & I shouldn't care, but I do.

Dangit, where are my manners? Thank you so much bionicmlle, your kindness is greatly appreciated.

Archived