IGNORED

Kate Gosselin - Mother of the Year

Curious

So it's definitely going to come out again?

He said the original book was only 5-10% of the information he had on Kate. Robert has a young family( I believe 4 school age kids). He warned Kate not to proceed with lawsuits after the book was pulled and if she did he would re-release the book with more information. A few weeks ago he had a new cover posted and has been dropping new stories since then. The website says he plans to re-release after the court proceedings are finished. I also hope the book is more reader friendly and am interested in the new content. Maybe he could write a short 300 page book and then have the rest as bonus material. If the first book was 800+ pages and was only 5-10% of the information, how many pages could he write 10,000?

Since her hold Kate's personal journals can you imagine if he just released those? I have read some of her journal quotes and you don't need to add anything to them to tell what was going on.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may make me a bad person, but I'm hoping the re-release will be the final nail in her coffin, and she'll have to just go away. And I hope DFACS investigates that evil creature.

This may make me a bad person, but I'm hoping the re-release will be the final nail in her coffin, and she'll have to just go away. And I hope DFACS investigates that evil creature.

There's nothing you could say to be a bad person when it comes to Khate.

Eventually she's gonna run out of excuses and explanations.

Can't wait to see it happen.

Jon was on The View today.

He says:

he didn't make millions from doing the show.

He lived a normal life before, during and after the show.

He waits takes at two different restaurants

He says Kate has primary legal custody, to decide medical and legal things but they have shared physical custody, so he sees them both during the week and every other weekend.

He lives in a cabin 25 mins away.

He wishes his relationship with Kate was good but it's not

He took 80% of the gross profit from the show for three years and put it in a trust for the kids (he doesn't clarify when he did this, but seems like it was after the divorce)

He does not pay child support. Whatever the kids have at Kate's house they have at his house (food, clothes etc) so he buys them things.

He can't get an IT job because of all the bad press about him hacking Kate, who is suing him

He had no tv or internet at home and when the kids come they spend time together

He did pull the gun on the paparazzi after she refused a verbal and written warning.

He thinks they would have gotten a divorce anyway, without the show, because of how stressful parenting the kids is.

That's it.

Jon was on The View today.

He says:

he didn't make millions from doing the show.

He lived a normal life before, during and after the show.

He waits takes at two different restaurants

He says Kate has primary legal custody, to decide medical and legal things but they have shared physical custody, so he sees them both during the week and every other weekend.

He lives in a cabin 25 mins away.

He wishes his relationship with Kate was good but it's not

He took 80% of the gross profit from the show for three years and put it in a trust for the kids (he doesn't clarify when he did this, but seems like it was after the divorce)

He does not pay child support. Whatever the kids have at Kate's house they have at his house (food, clothes etc) so he buys them things.

He can't get an IT job because of all the bad press about him hacking Kate, who is suing him

He had no tv or internet at home and when the kids come they spend time together

He did pull the gun on the paparazzi after she refused a verbal and written warning.

He thinks they would have gotten a divorce anyway, without the show, because of how stressful parenting the kids is.

That's it.

I wish I would have known he was going to be on. I would have watched today, darnit. A couple comments:

First, I'm THRILLED he finally said something about the custody situation. While I don't particularly think it's any of our business, I'm happy he addressed it so that people can see he's involved in the kid's lives and no longer letting Kate frame the narrative as though he is completely uninvolved or dead.

Second, the bolded, this was a genius stroke. Kate has spent so much time contradicting herself regarding the reason for the lawsuit that that if Jon can show that he's actually been unable to work due to the claims she's been making since 2009 (which he did nothing about...like suing the MOTHER of his children, but just buckled down and got the "mediocre" jobs he could to support himself and his kids), he could theoretically get some money out of Kate's greedy paws. Not to mention that when the lawsuit is either dismissed, dropped or had and he's found not guilty of hacking (which given the facts it seems fairly likely will be the case), it's possible he could end up getting an IT job again from the publicity.

My only minor complaint based on your recap is saying (essentially) that the kids caused the divorce :( He could have left that part out. I am sure he didn't mean it that way, but when you say stuff like that it's how it sounds and likely how the kids will take it and that's unfortunate. He could have said something like they would have gotten a divorce anyway due to their different parenting styles or something like that. That doesn't really place the blame on any one person, so it's not throwing Kate under the bus and it's not making it the kids fault. It was abundantly clear on the show they had vastly different ideas about parenting, so that would be a good neutral answer for that type of question.

He was on during the last 5 mins of the show and not even mentioned in the info blurb on the TV guide.

I DVRed it and went back so I could get the exact quote for you:

Barbara Walters: Would all of this be better or worse if you didn't have a reality show?

Jon: Well Barbara, that's a yes and a no question. I think about that a lot and people ask me about that a lot. But I think, down the road, we would have gotten divorced, it just would have taken longer, the stress of everything"

I didn't hear that the kids caused the divorce part but I hate The View so wasn't watching intently. I did hear him say that they would have gotten a divorce eventually anyway.

I get what he was saying.

I still maintain Jon at his worst is better than Kate at her best.

But I see too much of my own mother in Kate. Those kids are gonna resent YOU, Kate, if you malign and keep them away from their father. They're not going to magically turn into sympathetic little clones who love their mommy. They WILL get back at you.

He was on during the last 5 mins of the show and not even mentioned in the info blurb on the TV guide.

I DVRed it and went back so I could get the exact quote for you:

Barbara Walters: Would all of this be better or worse if you didn't have a reality show?

Jon: Well Barbara, that's a yes and a no question. I think about that a lot and people ask me about that a lot. But I think, down the road, we would have gotten divorced, it just would have taken longer, the stress of everything"

Thanks for the exact quote. That is a lot better and I think quite appropriate. I think they would have had to stay married simply because of finances and logistics with that many kids. They would have stuck it out until the kids were older.

I actually think the divorce was probably the best thing that could have happened to Jon and eventually the kids. I know a lot of people stay together "for the kids," but I don't always think that is the best thing to do, personally.

Thanks for the exact quote. That is a lot better and I think quite appropriate. I think they would have had to stay married simply because of finances and logistics with that many kids. They would have stuck it out until the kids were older.

I actually think the divorce was probably the best thing that could have happened to Jon and eventually the kids. I know a lot of people stay together "for the kids," but I don't always think that is the best thing to do, personally.

I agree, sometimes, divorce is best, and I'm saying this as someone whose parents did stay together only until we were on our own. Looking back, I sometimes wish my parents had divorced years before they actually did, as both of them are happier apart, and my mom's second marriage is far happier. I do think that Jon and Kate would have divorced anyway, even if they didn't have as many kids, but the way Kate is trying to turn the kids against Jon is going to bite her in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of those kids wrote a tell all book as adults.

Here is a link to Jon's time on the View:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/ ... 0_054tudkx

For contrast, Kate on Inside Edition:

http://www.insideedition.com/videos/179 ... zzi-run-in

The difference in interviews is striking, IMO. Jon looked relaxed and like he was having a good time. He answered the questions quickly without any "um", eye rolling etc. He didn't throw Kate under the bus, but simply stated facts (which sort of throw her under the bus by their nature ie: the lawsuit), but that's not his fault.

Kate, on the other hand, looks like she's about 2.5 sheets to the wind, has had too much botox too recently (that one eyebrow was mesmerizing) and she showed basically no emotion whatsoever. She could have been reading off a to do list or talking to a neighbor that has over stayed their welcome for all the enthusiasm she showed.

For someone that has the "gift of gab" and wants to be on a talk show, she sure doesn't act like it. Jon on the other hand was exactly what you want to see in someone on a talk show. He seemed like someone you'd want to sit down with and have a cup of coffee and chat.

Also, regarding the gun incident with the pap. Jon lives in a rural area. The police are not going to get there in 5-10 minutes. He is also trying to keep his home PRIVATE. He does not want pictures of his home splashed all over the internet for everyone to see and have paps camped out there etc. If he waited around, the pap would have gotten her pictures and his privacy would have been ruined. That is not something he can get back for himself or his children.

The person was on private property, which based on him saying he gave "written warnings" I am guessing means he has signs posted that say something like Private Property, No Trespassing. He gave the person a verbal warning on top of it and they still didn't listen. I wouldn't want to be followed home by some stranger and have them ignore all my warnings and then sit around for the police to come either. Apparently, he didn't do anything wrong because apparently the police declined to even investigate it when the pap reported it. SHE was in the wrong, not Jon.

If Kate was instructed to go inside, why are there eleventy billion pictures of her strutting around her front yard in bikini's and other skimpy clothing while the kids play. She obviously didn't follow that advice either.

Of course she didn't show emotion in that interview. Her face couldn't have shown emotion if you poured scalding water on it. That's some POWERFUL Botox she got in preparation for her interviews. She's a nurse, she knows damn well that too much botox will paralyze every muscle in her face. She can blink her eyes. She can almost open her mouth. That's all she's got.

Geesh, guess she must be aging rapidly if she feels she needs that much botox to look "fresh" for the cameras now. Not sure how spending money on that is the same as being focused on her kids, but I guess when your kids exist to reflect upon you, taking care of you is supposedly the same as taking care of the kids.

Of course she didn't show emotion in that interview. Her face couldn't have shown emotion if you poured scalding water on it. That's some POWERFUL Botox she got in preparation for her interviews. She's a nurse, she knows damn well that too much botox will paralyze every muscle in her face. She can blink her eyes. She can almost open her mouth. That's all she's got.

Geesh, guess she must be aging rapidly if she feels she needs that much botox to look "fresh" for the cameras now. Not sure how spending money on that is the same as being focused on her kids, but I guess when your kids exist to reflect upon you, taking care of you is supposedly the same as taking care of the kids.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I still don't like either one of them, and I wish they'd stop getting talk show attention.

Ugh, I forgot that Jenny McCarthy was on The View now.

Jon has done a pretty good job of keeping his head down the last couple years, IMO. I think it's nice that he's finally getting some positive press and a chance to tell his side of the story. We've certainly heard Kate's side for long enough. If Kate hadn't decided to sue him over non-issues, I'm sure he would have continued to live his normal "mediocre" life just like he's been doing.

For someone that is supposed to be making the rounds to talk about her new cookbook, this new round of media appearances sure looks like it's really about continuing to play the victim, throw Jon under the bus and try to get herself and the kids back on tv. The publishers of the book must be ripping their hair out. If I was footing the bill for her, I'd be telling her she needs to get on point and quick or there will be a swift end to the "book tour."

I think she looks like there is more going on in that interview than just the botox. Even for her, she is sluggish. She looks a bit "self-medicated" to me. The botox is very evident, though. It's really amazing how much she has ruined her looks in a few short years.

Jon seemed happy. Kate seemed completely miserable.

I really don't blame Jon for speaking out now. Kate has been bashing him for a long time and making it seem like he is a dead beat dad who is supposed to pay child support but doesn't. And that she can't get a job because she has the kids all the time where he can because he never watches them.

Right after they split, she threw a big media stunt accusing Jon of stealing all of the marital assets and leaving her with no way to pay her bills. I remember Jon calmly stated that Kate had plenty of money to live on, and she knew it and said nothing else. Now, I'm wondering if that was when he took a huge chunk of the money and put it into trust funds for the kids. He said he took 80% of 3 years of the show salary. So, he gave each kid 10% of the pay from probably the last three years. There would have been no way to pay the kids from the perks.

I have always liked Jon. I hurt for him when he looked like a fool right after they split. However, he acted like 99% of abused spouses when they first get free from their abuser. They swing into the out of control realm for a little while as a reaction to being controlled for so long. They almost always swing back to normal and stable, but Jon had to do his in the public eye, and with the TLC spin using his actions to paint a picture that Katie was the wronged party when I never believed it was possible she was actually wronged.

I don't know about self medicating. It's possible. She looks at the same painful level of flat affect she had when she did DWTS. I always figured without Jon beside her to make her look human and to cover her with some genuine human emotions she always looked like that though. So, for me, it's hard to see through that painful botox job (that's keeping her from even opening her mouth all the way, must less allowing her to smile) to form an opinion otherwise. FWIW, I believe that one eyebrow is hypnotic because its the only nerve on her face NOT paralyzed.

I've always believed that Kate cheated first and that Jon didn't start "stepping out" until he was already moved into the apartment above the garage. I think they were physically separated months before it became evident to the world.

I also follow the Gosselin 'family' on 15 Minutes. I used to read here before membership was required and lost track of it for awhile, but as you can see recently came back and registered. As here, I don't post much there, most things are said quite well by others.

Curious, I'm definitely like minded and in the same camp you are. I would cringe in the past when Jon spoke out, as typically it never ended well and all it evoked was the press & sheeple spewing the same stupid comments over and over, calling out his bad behaviour from 4 years ago and never admitting that Jon was and is an integral part of the children's lives.

I haven't seen posted here, regarding support payments and why he no longer pays Kate child support. Pennsylvania does not allow a parent to absolve another, nor, let them simply stop paying, as Kate and the sheeple claim she did out of the goodness of her heart. Support is based on a court judgement in the best interests of the children and the reasoning behind Jon being absolved; while it may not be an exact 50/50 split of time between the parents, visitation exceeds beyond every other weekend and his expenses, in general, regarding the children are the same (save for private school and level of housing). Someone posted at 15, that she has the kids every other weekend and a few days per week. It was really eye opening when stated that way. Yes, she has them a few more 'days' per week, but also has 'help' 20 hours a week, when they're home!

He has two 'mediocre' jobs, maitre de at one restaurant and waiter at another, which more than likely allow him to work around his children's schedule and custody time. His house, the 'cabin in the woods' is actually quite nice looking, a picture of which was previously published, but the actual location unknown. There is absolutely nothing wrong with rural living, for whatever reason and it affords him & the children some level of privacy and anonymity. Read a few articles published on him lately, interest I'm sure generated by the lawsuit, which state how well liked he is locally and how hard he works at each job.

The sheeple/extreme haters are quite vile on twitter and neither 'side' is better than the other! I do occasionally look at it, what I see there absolutely disgusts me and I can honestly see why Jon pulled the gun on the 'pap'. There was no way for him to know who was following him, why they were following him, why they got out of the car on private property even when asked to leave, then advanced with a camera to proceed to shoot pictures and only retreated after he pulled said gun & fired a warning shot! Kate's ardent sheeple are women, tweeted vile things to him when he was on twitter, basically forcing him off and continue to spew hate & venom about him to this day. Which btw, Kate allows on her timeline and frequently thanks her twitters for defending her, never asking them to abstain from tweeting about her children's father! He had no idea who that woman was, if she had a gun or wished him any harm, other than trying to take pictures. I am not a rabid gun advocate, but believe he acted in his and his children's best interests.

Wow, LOL, now you see why I shouldn't post a lot ... I'm very verbose!

I get what he was saying.

I still maintain Jon at his worst is better than Kate at her best.

But I see too much of my own mother in Kate. Those kids are gonna resent YOU, Kate, if you malign and keep them away from their father. They're not going to magically turn into sympathetic little clones who love their mommy. They WILL get back at you.

Please let it be with a tell all that really does tell ALL :pray:

Welcome aboard Smoochie :) Don't worry about being verbose. I suffer from verbosity myself and some of our most well-loved posters tend toward the verbose side. As long as you use paragraphs, people here are pretty used to the proverbial wall o' text type posts ;)

Given the attitude of some of Kate's fans/Jon's haters, if I was Jon, I would be nervous about almost any unknown person following me and ignoring my warnings to leave my private property. There have been tweets wishing him to get in car accidents, be in a coma for 6 months, heck even Sherri Shepard said on the view something like she would bring the wood to set his house of fire!

As we all know, there are people in the world that are not mentally stable and if one of those people happens to be an extreme Kate fan or Jon hater, there is no telling what those kind of messages would eventually put in their head to do to him.

Some of Kate's fans are truly scary in the level of detail they think they are owed into Kate's life. People on 15 minutes have been saying for years that it's not the non-fans she needs to be worried about, but the fans. Most celebs are not stalked/hurt/killed by NON fans, it's their rabid FANS that feel jilted or like they have a special connection that cause them harm.

Someone at 15 minutes just typed up this quote from the book and I thought it showed a couple things. First, Jon is the only one working outside the home and he has to have "permission" to buy lunch? Second, lies fall out of Kate's mouth as easy as breath, but Jon lying to Kate about buying lunch is going to make the kids be a "houseful of liars. In 2007, the kids were...what...5 and 2 or thereabouts? Also, this small thing makes this the most horrible day in history? She needs to get some perspective. I thought the bolded was probably the most interested thing though. She feels like his fear of repercussions in telling her the truth (and we all saw how she reacted when he didn't use a "coupon" for a shower head) makes her "so unloved." Once again, this shows that she has absolutely NO self-awareness.

June 6, 2007

When Jon got home he had the nerve to lie to me about buying lunch in Philly that day! I knew he was lying, his eyes were as big as saucers!!! But he insisted that he 'didn't have lunch' when really he had put it on the credit card!!!! That was the absolute end to the most horrible day in history!!!! Why am I so unloved that he has to continually lie to me? Am I that stupid? Is he that character less? Evidently he cares more about his OWN fear or whatever that lying is okay! Does he really think that I would never EVER find out? Just be honest weak boy!!!!! Some life lesson he is teaching his kids! Great we will have a house full of lying kids...that makes me completely sick!!!!!!

I'm worried about the lack of psychological help Kate seems to have/access. She needs significant help (I know this is armchair diagnosing). The diary exerpts, interviews, known abuse (to her and by her) and her persona on the show make me want serious help for her.

Obviously, none of this excuses her as the abuser and I hope her children have access to many supportive, safe adults, peers, and spaces.

I'm worried about the lack of psychological help Kate seems to have/access. She needs significant help (I know this is armchair diagnosing). The diary exerpts, interviews, known abuse (to her and by her) and her persona on the show make me want serious help for her.

Obviously, none of this excuses her as the abuser and I hope her children have access to many supportive, safe adults, peers, and spaces.

Narcissists are pretty impossible to treat because they think the problem is with everyone else. The fact that Kate is very resistant to any kind of treatment (for herself) became pretty clear when Dr. Sylvia LaFair (sp) sued her for payment. Kate made it pretty clear that it was JON who had the problem and the therapy was for HIM (even though she's a marriage counselor).

Kate will be on Bethenny today (tv talk show)

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/10/kate-gosselin-jon-reality-tv-bethenny/

According to the article she says she pities Jon, socked away most of the tv earnings for the kids school, and Jon visits them every other weekend. And of course she has no income.

Kate will be on Bethenny today (tv talk show)

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/10/kate-gosselin-jon-reality-tv-bethenny/

According to the article she says she pities Jon, socked away most of the tv earnings for the kids school, and Jon visits them every other weekend. And of course she has no income.

I haven't read the article yet or seen the interview, but we know the old "Jon visits them every other weekend" trope is not true because a) Jon said on the view he sees them more than that and locals have seen him with the kids more than that. According to locals, he's very involved at the kids school, as well. Personally, I believe the people that don't lie as easy as they breathe ;)

Archived